Did I Just Break The cae_item_p30 file?

CyberOcelot

Do I just start over with the vanilla cae_item_p30 or is there a way to save my work so far and fix this?

Also, any ideas on how I could have caused this to avoid making the same mistake?

Details:

I just started adding GFX options to the in-game menu using SeeFusion's tutorial here.

As I went down the list adding GFX to each category in Wrestleminus, I noticed that when I got to the wall trons (0000002C) the last line would have this symbol "-" in several columns, unlike the other lines above it. Because it was different, I didn't add a new line in that category and moved on until I could learn more. 

Well later on, I noticed that as I added more and more GFX in the other categories (titantron, apron, etc...), more and more lines would have columns filled in with "-". And finally, now 0000002C is prefaced with a "?" in wrestleminus and I can't access the wall trons list at all.

The insert image button isn't working for me, so here's a link to an image of what I'm seeing now...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12A52NnGaP51XMilNSWij1cF6irO86kNF/view?usp=sharing

You can see the "?" and that the ability to view the menu is not there anymore. 

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with my file several times - what you can do is use PAC Editor to inject the 0000002C container from a working backup

14 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

The insert image button isn't working for me, so here's a link to an image of what I'm seeing now...

Yep, I can never get it to work for me either

@CyberOcelot I'm working on my CAE_item_10, and the only way I could work on it without WrestleMINUS system "errors" is to extract, one by one, the different GFX files with PAC.Editor (first folder.pac / double click and extract : 0000, 0001, 002A, 002B and 002C)

I open a second Wrestleminus to enter the same lines as the one on my 0000 line (Tron). Save all your files, and re-inject in CAE with PAC.Editor. Copy and paste your CAE file in game menu folder. Use CCT to rehash / resign.

This works very well, I have a little over 400 lines today in my CAE, and the GFX are selectable in game.

I hope it can help.

Edited by BlackBen83
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

@CyberOcelot I'm working on my CAE_item_10, and the only way I could work on it without WrestleMINUS system "errors" is to extract, one by one, the different GFX files with PAC.Editor (first folder.pac / double click and extract : 0000, 0001, 002A, 002B and 002C)

I open a second Wrestleminus to enter the same lines as the one on my 0000 line (Tron). Save all your files, and re-inject in CAE with PAC.Editor. Copy and paste your CAE file in game menu folder. Use CCT to rehash / resign.

This works very well, I have a little over 400 lines today in my CAE, and the GFX are selectable in game.

I hope it can help.

Thanks, Ben! 

I'm not fully comfortable with Pac Editor yet, but good to know there is an alternative method I can fall back on. It's also great to know there are seemingly no limits to adding these. :)  

Pac Editor will definitely be a more tedious process than SeeFusion's expressed CCT/Wrestleminus method for me. Since it appears to be working in the tutorial video, I've pinged SeeFusion to see if he can share how he has found success/stability using CCT/Wrestleminus before falling back to Pac Editor. 

I'm also assuming there is no saving my current file and I should replace it with a backup?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

Thanks, Ben! 

I'm not fully comfortable with Pac Editor yet, but good to know there is an alternative method I can fall back on. It's also great to know there are seemingly no limits to adding these. :)  

Pac Editor will definitely be a more tedious process than SeeFusion's expressed CCT/Wrestleminus method for me. Since it appears to be working in the tutorial video, I've pinged SeeFusion to see if he can share how he has found success/stability using CCT/Wrestleminus before falling back to Pac Editor. 

I'm also assuming there is no saving my current file and I should replace it with a backup?

No worries,

Yes, extracting only the above-mentioned .data files from the first pac file. Pac Editor is great to extract in the first time and inject in a second time.

It will take you longer, but when you save, you only save one line.
I suggest that you make a Save modd file on another hard drive for example, in which you make two sub-folders (Vanilla Save & Save modded). I always work like that in case of one of my files gets corrupted in game (CAE item, misc arenas files, or renders for belts modded for example).

You should know that when you edit multiline, WrestleMINUS is sometimes capricious, and crashes. Whereas if you only edit one line, this will never happen to you.

Yes, it is better to start with a clean file. But with this method, you should not have any more problems.

EDIT : If you want, I found the post that allows you to assign several possible entrances (evt) by "attires" for the same superstar :

https://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/71017-tutorial-assigning-different-entrance-motions-for-alternate-attires-in-wwe-2k19/

Edited by BlackBen83
  • Woo 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 2:42 AM, BlackBen83 said:

No worries,

Yes, extracting only the above-mentioned .data files from the first pac file. Pac Editor is great to extract in the first time and inject in a second time.

It will take you longer, but when you save, you only save one line.
I suggest that you make a Save modd file on another hard drive for example, in which you make two sub-folders (Vanilla Save & Save modded). I always work like that in case of one of my files gets corrupted in game (CAE item, misc arenas files, or renders for belts modded for example).

You should know that when you edit multiline, WrestleMINUS is sometimes capricious, and crashes. Whereas if you only edit one line, this will never happen to you.

Yes, it is better to start with a clean file. But with this method, you should not have any more problems.

EDIT : If you want, I found the post that allows you to assign several possible entrances (evt) by "attires" for the same superstar :

https://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/71017-tutorial-assigning-different-entrance-motions-for-alternate-attires-in-wwe-2k19/

I'm just circling back to this after testing a few things (I have very imited time these days).

I do periodically backup the entire modded game every month or so. I learned that the backup had zero'd out values as well and had this bug too. When testing the vanilla version, the issue is gone. I just successfully finished all trons using wrestleminus without any issues through the vanllla file (doing them one at a time as you instructed, of course). 

I wonder what could have caused the file to break? Are there any other mods that manipulate that file besides this one?

Also, that thread you linked to is AWESOME! Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking forward to getting more comfortable with pac editor (if I ever find the time). The growing lack of support for 2K19 right now is sad though. The last (and best) Yukes WWE game, and most modders just moved on. :(

Edited by CyberOcelot