TUTORIAL (Character Data 2): The pofo data layout.

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

This is the 2nd tutorial where I will be explaining a bit about the pofo data in the game. I recommend you read through the first characters tutorial.

The pofo data (superstar profile data ) is a block of data which contains some of the superstars profile data, especially the data we can't alter in the game. There are bits here and there you can alter in the game so I will not dwell much on those..

The main ones you can't alter in the game include :

Superstars names and social media handle

Superstars Height

Superstars Weight

Superstars Hometown

Superstars Weight class

Superstars fighting style class 

Superstars Crowd Signs  (This can be altered for CAWS)

Ring Announcer ID  (new for 2k22)

Commentary ID  (New for 2k22).

What tools do you need ? requirements :

Hex Editor

Some knowledge of hexadecimals.  I can't teach hex from scratch here so this is what you'll need to find out on your own probably on YouTube.

Some knowledge on using cheatengine : You'll need this. I can't teach how to use it from scratch. There are tutorials on YouTube for this.

Resources to make life easier 

A 2k22 character list with the slot ID and slot number combo https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t2UK5qzkw8qqJhV1ZD7U61VYCJThjswcxw4c4YJH3I4/edit#gid=444977815

A copy of a data file with all the default pofo data for all superstars in 2k22 . Download this file and open in Hxd. This will be used in the tutorial including cheatengine.

https://mega.nz/file/8UYR2JqS#g4qG2gm63AOcVeylJr1PXV_RWyTcIaLYfdDvG64CoSA

Open the downloaded pofo data file in Hxd. You will presented with a layout as shown.

This starts off with the pofo data for The Rock. Take note of the 6 bytes I have highlighted. These bytes are unique  for every character slot. You will also see the same data against The Rocks name in the spreadsheet I posted above. You can use this block of bytes to search for The Rock's pofo data in cheat engine or in the characterprofiletable.roster file when we come to that tutorial.

MP1vav3.jpg

So the question is, where does the pofo data end ? If you start from the first byte for the character and scroll down here till the next ID which is as shown here, then that's all the pofo data for The Rock.

Take note of the Length (h) I marked here. This is the length of the block of bytes . 2A0. 

Each pofo data in the game has the fixed length  2A0. This is different for each game, one reason why you just can't take pofo data from a previous  game and paste it over a 2k22 pofo data block.

Take note of what I did to view the offset length as this will come in handy in some of the future tutorials.

XbZ6ut2.jpg

So lets look at some of the data. 

For illustration, lets try to lookup Roman Reigns pofo data. 

First thing is open the spreadsheet and lookup the ID's for reigns. From the sheet , its 70 01 B7 00 70 01.

Search for this in the pofo data file downloaded. (hex search) You will be presented with  the following data . I have marked some of the data here. Just the important ones which modders might want to change.

h9VWpL2.jpg

The bytes immediately after the first six represent the data for the height value. 97 0F . 

The height values have always been a bit confusing as those used for CAWS have slightly different values from those in the pofo.

Roman Reigns is billed at 6ft 3 inches for the 97 0F will be a value for that height in the game.

One way to change the height will be looking up other wrestlers who have the height of the superstar you want to use, then looking up the height data in the superstars pofo.

STRING NAMES 

The next set of data staring from 36 7F  is for the string names. Each superstar has multiple strings for their names and the last is usually the social media handle.

The names listed here are also in endian format (remember the tutorial) 

Lets break this down a bit.

Each string name is 8 Bytes for the first will be DD E6 7F 36

2nd  - 2C D3 52 17

3rd - C8 44 30 D0

4th - 04 8A AA 1E

5th - 21 15 C6 C1

6th  - 5C 54 EF 01   ( This is the social media handle so if you want to change the social media handle, the last one needs to be changed..

The 01 after the social media handle sets the slot as playable.

The 09 01 is the weight value. This is in endian format but is easily calculated by converting to decimal /hexadecimal.

to convert to decimal , flip the bytes as 01019 and convert 109 to decimal with a hex calculator. You get 265 which is Roman Reigns billed weight.

The 03 after the 0109 is the weight class. He is a heavyweight so its set as 03.

00 is blank

01 is cruiserweight

02 is light heavyweight

03 is heavyweight

04 is Super heavyweight

The 02 after the weight class is the class . He is set as a Powerhouse which is 02.

0     STRIKER

1      TECHNICIAN

2    POWERHOUSE

3     HIGH FLYER

h9VWpL2.jpg

If you move down  below , the 4D 01 and 4C 01 are the allies . The USO's are set as his allies. If the space is blank, it will be filled with 00 04 .

The NEXT SET 57 01 8B 00 16 01 67 00 is for the enemies . The ID's here are for Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Drew McIntyre and The Undertaker.

The next set C1 8F C2 8F are for crowd signs. You will see there are 4. for each attire. The ID's when converted are 36801, 36802, 26803 and 36804.

The empty space below that is for crowd signs to be displayed for alternate attires.

The bytes D9 BF FC 53 are for the Hometown. If you want to change the hometown, you will have to look online for a character in the game from the same hometown, lookup their pofo ID and copy the hometown data from there.

Right below, the 71 27 08 BB is another string name. Its the name of the matchwinner displayed on a nameplate. This has to be inverted as BB 08 27 71. 

With the caketools Sdb editor, you can search for the names linked with the ID by first reversing the bytes back.

The data after 17 01 and 1701 are the ring announcer and commentary ID respectively.

Don't get it confused with the ID's you see in sound editor. This is completely different.

The 1701 is the ID assigned to Roman Reigns call names in the game. Probably about 6 or 7 you find listed in sound editor are linked with this ID 

All the commentary audio mentioning Roman Reigns in the game is assigned the ID 17 01 (the second 17 01)

Most of these attributes are read in the pofo data which you paste with cheatengine, however some of the attributes are not read from the pofo but from the characterprofiletable.roster file which will be covered in the next tutorial. The attributes are :

All the name strings

The commentary ID and ring announcer ID.

Most modders change the names of the character with the Sdb Editor when replacing a character. However if you are placing a character in an unused slot, there is no imnitial name to change. All the strings for the name will have to be added directly to the characterprofiletable.roster file.

Now lets try to look up Roman Reigns pofo in cheatengine. 

Launch cheatengine with the game running and connect it to the wwe2k22.exe file

Perform a search for the bytes 70 01 B7 00 70 01 (VALUE TYPE set to ARRAY OF BYTE and the HEX checkbox ticked first before typing in the bytes to search)

In the address window , right click on the first of the results and select BROWSE MEMORY REGION. You will see a few listed.

What you always want to do is compare the data layout of the pofo in the file with the one in cheatengine. If its a different layout 9(one of them usually is) do not paste or make any edits there.

When you open the memory region, avoid displaying the full screen view and let it be in the view similar to that of the pofo .

For example, you want to avoid views like this when comparing data.

uJT7DZi.jpg

Instead a view as shown below is better .

G6TPU3t.jpg

In the next tutorial, I will cover the data in the characterprofiletable.roster file

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 2

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to TUTORIAL (Character Data 2): The pofo data layout.
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you explain the weight part again? You said to flip the bytes 09 01 to 01019 and convert 109 to dec.  Just curious how u got 01019 when you flipped? I thought it would be 0109 ?

The 09 01 is the weight value. This is in endian format but is easily calculated by converting to decimal /hexadecimal.

to convert to decimal , flip the bytes as 01019 and convert 109 to decimal with a hex calculator. You get 265 which is Roman Reigns billed weight.

I know it's a long shot but... I wonder if 2K being as lazy as they usually are have left in all the commentary for Bray Wyatt as he was removed very late in the development. Have you managed to find out a way to identify the Commentator ID from the Slot ID's? or is it random? 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, khushal said:

but it isnt changing how to apply changes??

You have to perform a save in the game. Go to superstar edit, change the crowd reaction of any superstar from cheer to boo ,then save. 

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

3 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

You have to perform a save in the game. Go to superstar edit, change the crowd reaction of any superstar from cheer to boo ,then save. 

i have to change in cheat engine or hex editor

i want to delete superstar specific commentary pls help

can you provide me with commentary of fiend cody rhodes mark henry daniel bryan etc

10 minutes ago, khushal said:

i have to change in cheat engine or hex editor

i want to delete superstar specific commentary pls help

can you provide me with commentary of fiend cody rhodes mark henry daniel bryan etc

also game crashed iam on windows 11 insider beta 

4 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

still not changing

2 minutes ago, khushal said:

still not changing

game crashed after i saved

not changing

i tried for kushida to get fiend height weight etc but nothing changed

after editing in memory region 

How should I  save the edited value in memory region?? 

Edited by khushal

18 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

pls help it is not changing after editing in memory region

• Like 1

Hi. You need to perform a save in your game after injecting or changing the data.

You wil have to provide more info on the issue. For instance, the pofo file you are trying to inject , what slot you are trying to inject to.

3 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi. You need to perform a save in your game after injecting or changing the data.

You wil have to provide more info on the issue. For instance, the pofo file you are trying to inject , what slot you are trying to inject to.

iam changing weight height class etc for kushida with roman reigns data for fiend mod

7 hours ago, khushal said:

iam changing weight height class etc for kushida with roman reigns data for fiend mod

You might need to show a bit more. Maybe cheat engine screenshots where you have added the data . I feel you might have missed a step somewhere.

11 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

You might need to show a bit more. Maybe cheat engine screenshots where you have added the data . I feel you might have missed a step somewhere.

also pls tell how to unlock hidden backstage area using cheat engine

15 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

You can’t unlock hidden backstage areas using cheatengine unfortunately. 

I have seen videos in youtube claiming to unlock like element using trainer mod

9 minutes ago, khushal said:

I have seen videos in youtube claiming to unlock like element using trainer mod

That’s the trainer. It’s like a cheatengine script which you need to run everytime you  play the game. There was one for version 1.06 but it doesn’t work anymore. The only other tool I know if the KG971 trainer which isn’t free.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

23 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

That’s the trainer. It’s like a cheatengine script which you need to run everytime you  play the game. There was one for version 1.06 but it doesn’t work anymore. The only other tool I know if the KG971 trainer which isn’t free.

ok pls help to change hometown/weight/height etc for kushida

On 9/4/2022 at 11:42 AM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

dude iam not able to unlock any hidden superstar using hxd editor saving file and baking it 

help me

I did unlock rock 98 using steps you told saved file and baked the folder but still nothing happened in game

8 hours ago, khushal said:

dude iam not able to unlock any hidden superstar using hxd editor saving file and baking it 

help me

I did unlock rock 98 using steps you told saved file and baked the folder but still nothing happened in game

You people really need to start f*kin waiting for Grix's Discovery tool instead of using guides meant for developer-level modders.

Edited by Pepsiguy2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...