Game won’t load

wwefreak69

Hi, so I applied the latest patcher after the latest WWE 2K22 update and now the game won’t start up. When I start the game, the exe appears in task manager and then disappears after a minute or so. Am I doing something wrong?

The only way to get the game to work again is to verify of integrity of files with Steam, but then mods don’t work. I’ve tried repeating the process and it won’t work.

Thanks!

Edited by wwefreak69

hey bud check your windows security history, something couldve been blocked. also did you use the most recent patcher needed or the original downloaded patcher for the 1.14? if you used the most recent patcher your game should be starting up fine.

Thanks for the response. I checked my security software and have not been notified of anything and I checked the history and quarantine and nothing. I even added the WWE 2K22 folder to the “allow list”, then ran the patcher and then tried to run the game. No luck. Steam replaces one file when validating the integrity of the files. It’s not a very big file, cause right after it checks the files, it completes.

Ok the only other thing I can think of to help you, is repatch the game exe, then remove the patcher.exe from the directory. from there right click and hit refresh. put your mods respectively the way they are if you have any and do the bake step again. now right click the game exe and run it as an admin by right click run as administrator hopefully this works. steam can be a real pain. if that fails and the game force closes turn steam to offline mode and try again running with admin 

Also on a side note, I might be wrong on this one, but another reason might be two mods conflicting with one another could result in a game start failure too. I read somewhere on pwm that someone mentioned that as a thing. 

Had something to do with a Raw arena mod and an elimination chamber one both being ran at the same time cause they relied on the same arena. This might help too if the other stuff doesnt unless you dont have these lol

Only mod I had baked was British Bulldog ‘00. When I delete the bakedfile08.cak, the game launches.

I tried uninstalling the game, deleting everything from the WWE 2K22 folder and then reinstalled. Ran the patcher, deleted it from the folder, dragged the mod into the WWE 2K22 folder and then baked using CakeTools and then the game wouldn’t launch again. Like I said though, the game launches fine when I removed bakedfile08.cak, but of course the mod doesn’t work.

and what I can download for mods is limited, cause PWM site is saying I don’t own the game, when I do in fact own it via Steam.

Edited by wwefreak69

Yeah, unfortunately that doesn’t work either. I choose 9 instead of 8 (bakedfile), the game loads fine, but the mods are nowhere to be found.

is your mod directory something like this:  wwe 2k22's directory/_mods/Characters   it should be that and not give issues baking the _mods folder only into cak8 this is weird never seen this happen before to anyone

oh good bro. the only mods i cant see are character ones though so far too

Ui mods work,  and so far the punjabi prison cage mod works too. but any characters is a big nope lol

I think it will be fixed soon though. every update changes the characters slot ID's apparently

Yeah, that’s the way the directory is set up. I get no errors baking. The game just simply doesn’t load if I bake character mods into 8. I tried baking an arena in 8 and it appears to have worked and the game loads fine.

• Yes! 1

BROTHER I GOT IT WORKING LOL FINALLY JUST COPY THIS FOR RENAMING THE THE FIENDS FOLDERS IN THE MODS FOLDER. 

1st folder main:  673_Papa_Shango_2018

Second:  ONLY THE DEFAULT ATTIRE FOLDER TO: 673_Default_Attire

Third attire folder only: all the numbers for the files to 673.  

now just remember at all times that papa shango is the fiend bray wyatt this is all i have to help you it will work

once you do the renaming do the bake process and select papa shango in the game he will be the fiend

just also do the patcher, and then this stuff like normal lol

Yeah, I can’t get the game to load with character mods with bakedfile08.cak, even renaming everything as you said to. I tried renaming the folders and files, as you said to and baking fiend with bakedfile09.cak instead… the game loads, but choosing papa shango doesn’t change anything.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Check the integrity of the ADefs file. It's possible that the file might be corrupted or incomplete. Try obtaining a fresh, uncorrupted version of the file and attempt the decompression again.

heardle