Port from 2k22 to other games.

LexRed

Hello,

Thanks to @BlindedByTheGrace and other great modders we got awesome content from 2K20 ported over to 2k19. Although, it was super hard to do, I wonder if there is a chance to get more ported content like moves, entrances, even superstars models from 2K22 to 2K19. 

I find silly and dumb that they allow some sort of freedom for us to create stuff in the game and at the same time they are preventing us to do that freely. Specially when we are all buying the game. Yes, 2K22 is really great and a step forward after 2k20's mess but it's more fun and ''stupendous'' when modders improve what's done by them.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:47 AM, LexRed said:

Hello,

Thanks to @BlindedByTheGrace and other great modders we got awesome content from 2K20 ported over to 2k19. Although, it was super hard to do, I wonder if there is a chance to get more ported content like moves, entrances, even superstars models from 2K22 to 2K19. 

I find silly and dumb that they allow some sort of freedom for us to create stuff in the game and at the same time they are preventing us to do that freely. Specially when we are all buying the game. Yes, 2K22 is really great and a step forward after 2k20's mess but it's more fun and ''stupendous'' when modders improve what's done by them.

THERE IS OFC THE way to import items from 2k22 to 2k19... but all the tools for it r getting currently developed. the only tool to open .cak files of wwe 2k22 is to do with the caktools 2022 version.. and its getting developed. when the tool is out u can use that tool to export stuffs from 2k22 to 2k19 etc...

• Thanks 1

It's released now.

Also, you can't just "transfer" stuff from one game to another. They have to be fully ported like a mod from scratch, which means re-doing rigging, texture compression and channeling, etc for 19 using X-Rey and 3DS Max

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Glorious 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ways Dead said:

@Pepsiguy2is there a way to use Blender without 3ds max to port 2k19 pac to 2k20? I also have the most recent of both Xrey and Xpacker. Im still learning but thats my current goal.

we only have 2k20 modding scripts for 3DS Max. Hanleys (script creator) only switched to blender with 22.

@Pepsiguy2 My goal is actually for 22 but there arent any tutorials for 19 (for example) to 22. Only yours and Hanleys for 19-20. I am watching both currently as well as Tekkens various for 19 modding. So far I have extracted Killain Dain 19 (All obj files and dds except entrance attire and textures for ent). I asked you because you are one of the very few and rare modders that modded 20. You also have more character mods than anyone for 22 lol. I also was curios if I should use the 19 skeleton (havent figured out how to find those yet) or if i should just cut out the middleman and bond all objects to a 22 skeleton without any of the 19 bones? like rig the model with a 22 skeleton instead of bonding like we do with 20-22?

Edited by Ways Dead

17 hours ago, Ways Dead said:

@Pepsiguy2 My goal is actually for 22 but there arent any tutorials for 19 (for example) to 22. Only yours and Hanleys for 19-20. I am watching both currently as well as Tekkens various for 19 modding. So far I have extracted Killain Dain 19 (All obj files and dds except entrance attire and textures for ent). I asked you because you are one of the very few and rare modders that modded 20. You also have more character mods than anyone for 22 lol. I also was curios if I should use the 19 skeleton (havent figured out how to find those yet) or if i should just cut out the middleman and bond all objects to a 22 skeleton without any of the 19 bones? like rig the model with a 22 skeleton instead of bonding like we do with 20-22?

So you're objective is to get to 19->22?

Okay, that's easier. Just need blender.

I'll be making tutorials after last patch + when we get some fixes for this mdl Blender script Hanleys made, but the general process goes like this:

Import all 19 objects (they can be obj, we don't have a yobj script)

Import 22 mdl (any person works, pick their 22 counterpart or a similar sized person)

Transfer weights from all the 22 objects to the 19 objects using Blender transfer weights, Nearest Edge Interopolated, Ray Radius 5 and Source as Same Name I believe the settings are.

Parent all 19 objects to 22 skeleton, select them and export as mdl.

• Woo 1

You sir are amazing. Cant wait for the tutorial. 

I think I have done everything correctly up until the transfer weights, so honestly now that I know a tutorial is coming, Im gonna start exporting my pac and tx files for everyone missing and get everything ready for your tutorial.