Replacing JoJo & Referee with mods in Universe mode

wwefreak69

Hi everyone, 

I’m pretty experienced when it comes to installing mods via Custom Character Tools and haven’t had any issues until I try to replace JoJo with Howard Fink mod and retro wwe referee with Earl Hebner mod. 

I choose Universe Mode slot 2, which I’ve installed all my other mods on, with no issues.

I search for JoJo and insert the ch file. JoJo still appears, instead of Howard Fink.

Same issue with replacing referee. I don’t care which referee I replace. I’ve tried both Referee and Referee NPC slots and the same ref default appears. I’ve tried changing the referee to WCW, other retros, etc. in the custom show screen for universe mode, but they are all the default referee for their respective slot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Edited by wwefreak69

• wwefreak69 changed the title to Replacing JoJo & Referee with mods in Universe mode
  • 3 months later...

Late answer, but I found (trying the opposite, to keep Jojo and use the slot for another wrestler) that the announcers and refs have different numbering.

For example, a regular character ID is xxx02/04 for match and entrance attire. It should be xxx12/14 for the alt. attire if you have any. But refs and announcers are xxx00, xxx05, xxx06, etc.

I assume, if you want to replace JoJo as announcer, you must mod the .pac file in hex so the ID (not just the file name) matches that numbering.