TUTORIAL : Setting up the D-GENERATION X team in the game with theme music, trons and victory motion using cheatengine.

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi everyone,

I will be putting up a short tutorial on setting up the D-Generation X team using cheatengine.  Ive seen a few modders ask this over the discord and in private messages  so I thought to put out the info here.

First my tutorials are not always as short as they could be as I like to explain a lot.

So lets get on to it.

First thing you want to do is create a DX team with either the current Triple H and Shawn or any of the other models or CC downloads.

Go to OPTIONS-ROSTER-EDIT TEAM-CREATE.

Type in the name for the team. I will suggest you use a custom unique name temporarily when creating the team so you obtain fewer results when searching for the name string in cheat engine. I will name the team D-GENERATE123 for now.

Select the characters in the team. 

In the TAG ENTRANCE SETTING, you should find the D-Generation X tag motion listed. The ID for this motion is 1300 (514 or 14 05 when flipped)

The DX Trons and theme music are not listed in the game's entrance menu data. these need to be assigned with cheatengine.

For now, assign Karrion Kross theme and gfx to the DX stable being created. I've just selected Karrion Kross at random as I know the ID for his trons .

SAVE. The go to VICTORY MOTION SETTINGS.

You will observe the D-Generation X victory is also not listed for selection, but it's in the game. The ID is 6700. Same ID that was used in previous games.

In it's place, select the DEGENERATE RENEGADES motion for the FACE and HELL victory, then select the TITLE MOTION FACE AND HEEL motions of your choice. Ensure you select what you want since you cannot edit the motions after adding the data in cheatengine or the gfx will reset since its not listed.

Set the theme music and all gfx as Karrion Kross

Save the team when done, then open cheatengine.

What I want to do now is locate the team_info data in cheatengine.

perform a search for the custom team name. In this case , its D-GENERATE123. Ensure you have the search settings as shown. You have quite a few results listed here. You will be changing the data in one or two regions.

wTWqewY.jpg

Right click on the first and select BROWSE THIS MEMORY REGION. You should see the name of the team. Scroll up a bit above as shown and you should see the data structure I have circled here. 

The info data is located above the name of the team not below it . 

The circled region in the screenshot contains the data for the entrance and victory motions. 

Take note of the 14 05 . I had mentioned this earlier. That is the ID for the DX entrance motion.

NkxJIgC.jpg

The next screenshot shows the data we will be changing. I will explain

As I mentioned before, the 14 05 is the entrance motion ID (514 = 1300 in decimal)

The E1 03 or 03 E1 is the theme ID for Karrion Kross. 2K22 uses a different theme ID structure to that of previous games. In previous games, it was usually based on the character ID . In this game, things are a bit different. Also Theme music doesn't use string values like other entrance parameters. There is a file in the game which contains the ID's of the theme music and their names which is loaded in create entrance and create victory.

The Theme for DX is B2 03 so we change the E1 03 to B2 03 ( remember you can't change these in game or the gfx and theme will reset )

after the E103 is F0 68 01 ( 01 68 F0) This ID converted to decimal is 92400. This is the ID for Karrion Kross Trons which is based on his character ID 924.

For DX , there is the new gfx and the overlay titantron which was used in previous games. This titantron has a different ID to the ID for the new gfx.

The ID for the overlay DX titantron is 101202 which converted to hex is 1 8B 52. This will be flipped as 52 8B 01 - The ID 101202 is the same ID as used in previous games. The new trons have the new ID 

The ID for the other gfx is 105200. Convert this to hex is 1 9A F0. Flip as F0 9A 01.

The first F0 68 01 is the titantron ID so this is changes to 52 8B 01 while the others are set as F0 9A 01.

oPAFuGK.jpg

You will notice I have a line drawn across where FF7F is. Below that line is the data for the victory motion.

The 41 1A ( 1A 41 ) is the ID for the Degenerate Renegades victory motion selected . The ID is 6721.

l1N2E4P.jpg

We need to change this to the ID for the DX victory motion which isn't selectable in the game. The ID is 6700 which is the same as previous games. Converting 6700 to hexadecimal gives 2C 1A.

Replace the 41 1A with 2C 1A , the E1 03 to B2 03 for the theme, and the F0 68 01 with F0 9A 01 as shown .

c8e85Pz.jpg

Then go to team edit to preview the entrance and victory motions.

TAKE NOTE. You need to exit without saving when you preview. DO NOT SAVE and exit even if you don't make any changes.

You can now rename the team in team edit. One thing to note is, if you name the team as D-GENERATION X. and try saving, you might get a prompt that the team name already exists. There is indeed a DX team which is locked but not really functional as there aren't any DX trio or 4 man motions assigned. If this is the case, just alter the name slightly then save the team.

For Universe mode, you'll need to set up the team in team edit mode. Just follow the same process and you'll get the desired results.

That's all for now. 

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey dude, I literally just created an account to say THANK YOU FOR THIS!!

I hope people appreciate the amount of detail you went into in this tutorial, it was the easiest and friendliest tutorial to follow and you are genuinely trying to teach people what each step is rather than just telling us what to change etc. Thank you so much dude.

On a follow up note, I'm not sure if you would know how, but is there any possibility that by using a similar method (by editing hex, etc) you can unlock Shawn Michaels' DX attire in edit superstar mode? To explain, I have the DX HBK CAW model downloaded from CC. I've also used Mike's unlocker to unlock a lot of locked content, which includes the DX attires of HHH, Road Dogg and XPac in creation suite, however, I believe the DX Attire that HBK uses in myfaction mode is locked and unable to be accessed in creation suite. The only way I have seen it accessed is by selecting HBK '97 (the one that gets unlocked by the unlocker) in an Exhibition Match and then selecting the second attire which is simply named as "-". He then comes out in his genuine DX attire, however it is inaccessible in creation suite.

Is there any way you can suggest applying this DX attire to my HBK CAW?

Edited by poptdp

10 hours ago, poptdp said:

Hey dude, I literally just created an account to say THANK YOU FOR THIS!!

I hope people appreciate the amount of detail you went into in this tutorial, it was the easiest and friendliest tutorial to follow and you are genuinely trying to teach people what each step is rather than just telling us what to change etc. Thank you so much dude.

On a follow up note, I'm not sure if you would know how, but is there any possibility that by using a similar method (by editing hex, etc) you can unlock Shawn Michaels' DX attire in edit superstar mode? To explain, I have the DX HBK CAW model downloaded from CC. I've also used Mike's unlocker to unlock a lot of locked content, which includes the DX attires of HHH, Road Dogg and XPac in creation suite, however, I believe the DX Attire that HBK uses in myfaction mode is locked and unable to be accessed in creation suite. The only way I have seen it accessed is by selecting HBK '97 (the one that gets unlocked by the unlocker) in an Exhibition Match and then selecting the second attire which is simply named as "-". He then comes out in his genuine DX attire, however it is inaccessible in creation suite.

Is there any way you can suggest applying this DX attire to my HBK CAW?

Hi,

I'm glad you found the tutorial easy to follow.

The attire you are referring to isn't in creation suite unfortunately. The attire is only in the model's files. It might be included in a future patch, but as at now, the game has the default Shawn 97  attire assigned to both the attire 1 and attire 2 slots in the CAS attire data . There are separate attire files for CAS those of the original models. A few other models don't have the original attires in CAS eg Roman Reigns Myfaction and Hulk Hogan  Myfaction

With the Triple H 98 you've mentioned, you might have the attire unlocked in CAS mode , but the model on the 2nd slot isn't the new one  added. 

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

Is there a list of the hidden titantrons and gfx anywhere? Specifically looking to change the titantron of a triple h CAS I have to have the old school triple h tron. (I know I can copy over one that already has it, but I'm using custom music as well)

6 hours ago, JayTabortooth said:

Is there a list of the hidden titantrons and gfx anywhere? Specifically looking to change the titantron of a triple h CAS I have to have the old school triple h tron. (I know I can copy over one that already has it, but I'm using custom music as well)

Hi, there isn’t a compiled list anywhere. The old school trons usually have the same ID used in previous games. Try using the hex value for 35802 for the titantron and 35800 for the other gfx. See if that works. 

4 hours ago, mason44441 said:

can it be done on later versions or can they still ban you for using cheat engine

Hi,

I did this using v1.12. You can’t be banned for using cheatengine.

Hello Sir BlindedByTheGrace. Irrelevant to this discussiom but may I know the process of removing a character's mask, specifically Mankind's. I've seen your Dude Love but I would like to create someone who may or may not be technically part of the *cough* dlc *cough*. I don't expect a full in-depth tutorial, but anything would be appreciated!

Not sure where I can go to contact you personally so I figured I'd just drop this here for now :)

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2022 at 10:44 PM, Bulgarian605205 said:

The IDs for the tron and gfx keep resetting in cheat engine when I preview the entrance.

if you add gfx ID's that aren't listed, you can't make changes in the preview or it will reset. Make sure you have set the entrance and all other attributes you want in create entrance first.

Also when you preview, exit without saving.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, Bulgarian605205 said:

The IDs for the tron and gfx keep resetting in cheat engine when I preview the entrance.

Edited by truthtmoney

• 9 months later...