why does wwe2k22 load so slow with cacs?

Ren

On 5/22/2022 at 2:24 AM, Ren said:

i've noticed my game loads alot slower when using cacs.

Is this the same on next gen consoles as PC? I notice mine on PC is slow even using a NVME drive. 

5 hours ago, jamesmichaels said:

Is this the same on next gen consoles as PC? I notice mine on PC is slow even using a NVME drive. 

I don't know how fast the game will load on next generation consoles, as nothing is known about those yet.

However, the game loads a tiny bit slower on my current-generation Xbox Series X than my desktop PC (although the game loads faster on the XSX than on my Steam Deck). It's the way the game works, sadly. Comes from building on top of decades old legacy code. I wish they'd have actually started from scratch.

• Woo 1

17 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I don't know how fast the game will load on next generation consoles, as nothing is known about those yet.

However, the game loads a tiny bit slower on my current-generation Xbox Series X than my desktop PC (although the game loads faster on the XSX than on my Steam Deck). It's the way the game works, sadly. Comes from building on top of decades old legacy code. I wish they'd have actually started from scratch.

nah, more important for them is to change the file structure every single time than focussing on those kind of things...File structure change happened even with Yukes since 2k15-2k19...

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the recent update notes said that they improved load times with use of created content.  Has anyone tested this to find out? I  didn't notice much of a difference personally. 

It's not the CAWs themselves - it's the logos that slow the game down. Some CAWs come with tons of logos for the gear etc. I deleted everything and started again and everything sped up by a ridiculous amount. I've been downloading CAWs, changing their gear and deleting all the logos other than anything important like the face, tats or vital logos. 

I kid you not,  takes me like 15-20 minutes at times to load a match with a custom arena and custom characters on PC. It's terrible. 

Someone on Reddit mentioned that the new patch seems to have fixed the long load times on PC but I tested a Fatal 4 way with all caws that had about 60 images total and it seemed the same for me.  It takes a minute or 2 to load up all the caws.  I do run the game on a gen3 NVME SSD so it is not the fastest available, but I really did not see huge improvements.  On PS5 there is a streamer that does a lot of universe mode with caws and the load times are noticeably faster than on PC so I think any improvements they ever mention are for console only.  

• 1 month later...

I noticed the load times getting a bit faster, but I have to try removing images to see if it improves it significantly. Thanks for that tip, petebaldwin.