It's been a few years

bhman79

It's been a few years since I really got into the WWE game.  Before I buy it, I'm wondering if there is a chance we get the old school tools for 2k22 like Custom Character Tools and WrestlePlus.  

Thanks

4 hours ago, bhman79 said:

It's been a few years since I really got into the WWE game.  Before I buy it, I'm wondering if there is a chance we get the old school tools for 2k22 like Custom Character Tools and WrestlePlus.  

Thanks

bro the modding tool for wwe 2k22 is currently under developing.

the codders here r engineering those tools. so it may take time. but soon it will be released!!

15 hours ago, bhman79 said:

Thanks

Hi,

There is a tool for modding 2k22 being developed which is the same as the one for modding 2k20. Its unlikely the tools you have mentioned will be developed for 2k22. A lot of changes have been made to the file data structure of the game in 2k20 and 2k22 are  incompatible with how those tools work .For instance , 2k20 and 2k22 don't use pac files. You also can't install a character mod just by placing a file in a folder then injecting a pofo and moveset, amongst other changes.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

Ummm... Unless I've missed some positive news, it's not looking good for 2K22. The last patch completely locked all files so they can't develop any tools. Maybe they'll unlock stuff again once the DLC comes out but maybe not.... 

It's a shame that pwm not only seemingly gave up on modding 2K22 completely but they also refuse to release the tool. Buggy or not it'd be better than nothing. At least we'd be able to extract models/textures at the very least.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DexPac said:

It's a shame that pwm not only seemingly gave up on modding 2K22 completely but they also refuse to release the tool. Buggy or not it'd be better than nothing. At least we'd be able to extract models/textures at the very least.

As it stands now (and I can't see Take Two's policy about mods changing anytime soon), if modding tools, methods or even videos about modded stuff get out, 2k will render them unusable (as has been the case with current tools in the past couple of patches).

If people hadn't released tools, modding methods or uploaded modded things to the Community Creations or made youtube videos about them before the last DLC/patch for the game was out, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in right now.

Hopefully the AEW game will be friendlier towards the modding community.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DexPac said:

Well you can't release a tool that doesn't currently work. The last patch 1.12 uses a new encryption which essentially breaks the tool so it can't read any of the cak files in the 1.12 update . It is indeed clear that they are going to block any attempt to open the file with game patches so its no point going on a cat and mouse chase. Releasing any tool in development for public use simply enables the developers to gain access to the same tool and block any methods it will use to open the files. What they've done so far is not  just encrytpting the files, but ensuring you can't run additional baked files which you can add modded files into .

PWM did not state they have given up on modding, but when you clearly don't have the freedom you had in previous games, it can become frustrating. People haven't realised there are a lot of things you will not be able to do or add to the game with the changes the developer has currently implemented. 

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

I do not get the point on this.

If they refuse mods to work this will  - in my opinion - result in 2k19 being one of the most used wrestling games due to the great mods here. 

For me I purchased 2k22 but with these results I will stay with 2k19 "forever" and will not buy any new WWE game. So I think their goal went into the wrong direction, as I believe many people may act the same

9 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

I do not get the point on this.

If they refuse mods to work this will  - in my opinion - result in 2k19 being one of the most used wrestling games due to the great mods here. 

For me I purchased 2k22 but with these results I will stay with 2k19 "forever" and will not buy any new WWE game. So I think their goal went into the wrong direction, as I believe many people may act the same

Alas, they probably don't care, since they've reportedly sold more copies of 2k22 already than 2k19 and 2k20 combined (of course, releasing the game right in Wrestlemania Season and skipping a game probably played into it, but still). And perhaps 2k devs care, but there is an edict from the parent company Take Two to combat mods in their games. It probably won't change until their leadership changes (and even then it may not), which could be a long time.

So it's probably best to put the modability hopes into the AEW and other wrestling games in the forseeable future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Alas, they probably don't care, since they've reportedly sold more copies of 2k22 already than 2k19 and 2k20 combined (of course, releasing the game right in Wrestlemania Season and skipping a game probably played into it, but still). And perhaps 2k devs care, but there is an edict from the parent company Take Two to combat mods in their games. It probably won't change until their leadership changes (and even then it may not), which could be a long time.

So it's probably best to put the modability hopes into the AEW and other wrestling games in the forseeable future.

Devs love the mods, publisher and WWE don't. Sad scenario.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:14 PM, Cave Waverider said:

I bought 2K22 for modding, it's what got me back into WWE games. If this is the way they're going, I'll just lose interest in buying 2K23 etc, maybe if enough people did that (they won't) 2K would care.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 4:44 PM, Kivos said:

I bought 2K22 for modding, it's what got me back into WWE games. If this is the way they're going, I'll just lose interest in buying 2K23 etc, maybe if enough people did that (they won't) 2K would care.

Alas, the same sheep 🐑 that are still watching WWE programming regularly (even though it's so bad and unenjoyable these days that even their mostly clueless competitor AEW has superior and more enjoyable programming much of the time) will keep buying WWE games. :(

On 5/25/2022 at 5:23 PM, Cave Waverider said:

Alas, the same sheep 🐑 that are still watching WWE programming regularly (even though it's so bad and unenjoyable these days that even their mostly clueless competitor AEW has superior and more enjoyable programming much of the time) will keep buying WWE games. :(

Hopefully the AEW games will be open to modding, and with time grow to a decent game series or that other game The Wrestling Code. I don't know too much about that though

On 5/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, Kivos said:

Hopefully the AEW games will be open to modding, and with time grow to a decent game series or that other game The Wrestling Code. I don't know too much about that though

I'm pretty hopeful for the AEW game in that regard.  It's YUKES and YUKES tended to be mod friendly with their past games.