WWE 2K22 CAW modifications tutorial 3 : USING IN-GAME SUPERSTAR COMMENTARY DATA WITH A DOWNLOADED SUPERSTAR CAS MODEL

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

In this tutorial, we will be looking at using  commentary data for a superstar on CAW model.

First I will explain a few things.

In WWE 2k22 , unlike previous games, the commentary data and ring announcer data is now located in the profile data (pofo file) which is injected into memory. 

Here is the 2k22 pofo data file for Edge (ID 349) - The bytes I have highlighted on top are the slot ID and slot number.

Take note on the bottom right you have two sets of 4 bytes both ending with 00 00

The first 87 27 00 00 is the ring announcer  ID while the second 77000000 is the commentary ID.

yTIcyIN.jpg

Here below ids the pofo data for Roman Reigns. The ring announcer and commentary ID's are both 17 01 00 00.

nvWYw5P.jpg

This is the pofo data for a Rob Van Dam CAS model downloaded from community creations. Take note of the 0400 I highlighted. We'll come back to that later. The bytes below FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF are the offset positions where the ring announcer and commentary ID should be located, but they are not used. All CAS models and pofo data for unused  and some unplayable character models without commentary or name  announcement will have this set at 0. 

For CAS models, the presentation name data isn't located here. Its at the same region as shown in TUTORIAL 2 with the SUPERSTAR announcement. The game is coded to read presentation names for CAW's and will not read the ring announcer ID in the pofo for CAS models.

DrwWHTm.jpg

Now lets move on. Lets assume I have a Rob Van Dam model and I want to assign the commentary data for Roman Reigns to this CAS model. This isn't overwriting any other data but duplicating so the commentary works with both characters.

First thing to do here is search for the pofo data of the CAS model. This is the tricky part which you'll have to do carefully. Its best to temporarily change the name so its easy to search for .

For the purposes of this tutorial, I will be temporarily change the name of ROB VAN DAM to ROB456 so its a bit unique and easy to search for.

Open cheat engine and connect. to your game. Then perform a string search for the CAS mode name. If the name is in uppercase, the perform a string search using UPPERCASE letters. I have showed this in the previous tutorials.

In the search results, you usually just need to check the first few listed. The name format should be as shown below. Take note how the data is  set in the file. The first on top is the name. You will remember thnis from the previous tutorials I posted. In that example , we scrolled down till we located the text Hey!

GCJzfDj.jpg

In this case, instead of scrolling down, we scroll up. The CAS name data sits right above the pofo data.

Here is the pofo data for the Rob Van Dam CAW. Take note of the highlighted FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF bytes. This is for the ring announcer and commentary ID's. 9rem,eber its just for the commentary as the ring announcer data here is not read for CAS models)

Also remember the 0400 I mentioned before. and the highlighted bytes after it. The highlighted block of bytes is the Slot ID and slot number for the CAS model. Here it's 17 00 17 00 FF 03

lvdVMVU.jpg

I will briefly explain the CAS model ID naming before moving on.

The 17 here means this is the value in hex of the last model installed. so convert 17 to hex gives 23. This is the 23rd CAS model I have created/downloaded on this save.

The game has storage slots/memory blocks  for 100 CAS models. 

The first CAS model downloaded or created will have the slot number 0. This is fixed in the game. The first CAW is automatically assigned slot 0, 2nd CAW is slot 1, the 100th CAW is slot 99. Its fixed. Its not like character mods which you can just place in any slot you like.

The slot number / Slot ID for the 1st CAS model will be 00 00 00 00 E803, the second  01 00 01 00 E9 03, The third, 02 00 02 00 EA 03, 4th 03 00 03 00 EB 03 etc.

Moving on. 

What we are trying to locate is the slot ID slot number blocks as we need to search for these in memory as they are in multiple locations and assigned to different modes in the game, Exhibition. Universe mode slots 1 2,3, My GM etc.

What I will do next here is highlight and copy the bytes 04 00 17 00 17 00 FF 03. In the memory viewer, highlight these bytes for you CAS model, select copy to clipboard. Now perform a hexadecimal search for the array of bytes.

As shown here, you will find about 4-5 results 

TxvbVol.jpg

Right click on each and BROWSE memory region. Locate the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF block of bytes in this position as shown here for all 5 

nqXrBBv.jpg

Remember from one of the previous screenshots, Roman Reigns ring announcer and commentary ID's are 17010000 17010000. Highlight and copy these , then paste over the FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bytes as shown.

You need to do this for all 5 results.

UeO0jte.jpg

Go into CREATE SUPERSTAR EDIT mode, open the model and perform a save. That's it.

I will post some ring announcer and commentary ID's of a few superstars below. If there is any you require and can't locate, do post on the forum and Ill look it up and post here.

The Rock - 49 01 00 00 49 01 00 00

Triple H  -  4F 01 00 00 4F 01 00 00

Hulk Hogan - 98 00 00 00 98 00 00 00

Seth Rollins - 2D 01 00 00 2D 01 00 00

The Rock 91 - 69 4F 00 00 49 01 00 00

Triple H 98 - 6F 4F 00 00 4F 01 00 00

Edge - 87 27 00 00 77 00 00 00

Becky Lynch '15 - 50 75 00 00 20 00 00 00

Becky Lynch - 20 00 00 00 20 00 00 00.

That's it for tutorial 3. Tutorial 4 will cover assigning a CAS presentation name to a model and using a workaround for PC modders which will enable you assign a random presentation name to a CAS model, then inject a custom ring announcer name over the CAS presentation name using sound editor. This is for PC modders only as it will not catty over to consoles.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

Do you know what the slot id is for the 'Big Dog' Roman Reigns commentary? Or if there's any Fiend Commentary in the game? That way, I can be more accurate. 

Edited by Nyan4Krunex

7 hours ago, Nyan4Krunex said:

Do you know what the slot id is for the 'Big Dog' Roman Reigns commentary? Or if there's any Fiend Commentary in the game? That way, I can be more accurate. 

Hi. No. The developers used the same ID as in 2k20 which means they replaced the commentary lines. There isn’t left over commentary for removed 2k20 characters in the game. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all these tutorials. I'm sorry if I missed something, but do you know how to access hidden models and bring them into the game? Like what Status does, accessing HHH '98, MyRise Road Dogg (that works in CAS, not the official model that you unlock in Cheat Engine and can't edit the attire) I wasn't sure how easy that would be to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Thank you for your work!

I just have a question for this matter, as I have been able to remove the superstar call name as announced, but am having a hard time adding a superstar's call name to a custom superstar, i.e, Ric Flair. Can someone help me? I'm a modding noob. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so very much for this!

Downloaded Asuka CAW with vintage makeup and she had no commentary. Found myself!

Asuka's announcer and commentary ID values are: 19 00 00 00 19 00 00 00

• 4 weeks later...

Any way to do this but instead of a CAW, do it copying Rock '98 to have commentary without having to activate Cheat Engine with all the weird ass chracters, or swap Cactus Jack be called Dude Love?
It seems that searching for 04 00 isn't working, or I'm blind as hell

On 8/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, Threule said:

Any way to do this but instead of a CAW, do it copying Rock '98 to have commentary without having to activate Cheat Engine with all the weird ass chracters, or swap Cactus Jack be called Dude Love?
It seems that searching for 04 00 isn't working, or I'm blind as hell

A bunch of creators already posted creations of Dude Love and Mankind either as costumes to Cactus Jack or on CAWs, and WorldsFinest and WhatsTheStatus at least already fix their commentary, music, entrance graphics etc., just download them. So yeah, that's easy.

With Rock 98, I am not sure if you can still download him as a CAW (definitely can't Triple H or ingame model of Mankind, which is irrelevant since masked CAW or Cactus look just fine) but there are other versions of young Rock available. Personally, you CAN actually search ingame hidden Rock 98 offsets with CheatEngine and set playable byte to 1 and only remove character limit WITHOUT making the endless NPCs show... But you will be locked with his default costume.

Instead, I just added the commentary on the copied Rock 98 I downloaded before the patch ruined a bunch of these hidden ingame model-based CAWs. Unfortunately, I didn't get NOD Faarooq 98 and Godfather, so I have to use Cheatengine for them, but again, you can just set playable byte and remove restrictions without filling the selection screen with crap.

Unrelated to your question, I found Charlotte's commentary bytes, it's

4C 00 00 00 4C 00 00 00

Can be added to OP along with Asuka's:

19 00 00 00 19 00 00 00

both tested and working...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there... Do you have the ring announcer and commentary ID for Macho Man Randy Savage? When I try searching for his name in Cheat Engine Memory Search, I get commentary text showing up which I presume is from GM mode! If you could please help me out with this 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 2:55 AM, j3trko said:

I got the Commentary to work but announcer name still doesn't work. Can anyone help? 

+1

Btw, great tutorial on how to change the commentary!! 

I would also like to know how to change Announcer name as well.

I updated my Triple H 98 from CC to have his correct commentary... it is SOOO much better now. He even has unique commentary if he is going against The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Batista (that I have found so far). Now I just need him to have "Triple H" as his announcer name instead of "The Superstar"

Would be much appreciated!!

Edited by poptdp

9 hours ago, poptdp said:

+1

Btw, great tutorial on how to change the commentary!! 

I would also like to know how to change Announcer name as well.

I updated my Triple H 98 from CC to have his correct commentary... it is SOOO much better now. He even has unique commentary if he is going against The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Batista (that I have found so far). Now I just need him to have "Triple H" as his announcer name instead of "The Superstar"

Would be much appreciated!!

You can change commentary name by assigning the names available in CAS listing. That's why some Caws only have commentary and no call name. There names are not available in CAS announcer names listing. I don't think Triple H is a name in that menu so you'll have to select something similar to it or leave it empty. I hope that makes thing clear.

Is there a way to change to commentary ID to something general like what a CAW would end up with? For example, I would like the change to commentary ID for characters that I have modded in that do not have any commentary already in the game. I just want to remove the in-game commentary that is linked to them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.