Does anyone know a different way to add custom songs other than sound editor?

datkido

does anyone know of an alternate way to inject sound files into the .pck files? I don't care how complicated it is, I'm just not comfortable installing software that requires access to my registry, I'm sure its fine but i just don't understand why you you program a piece of software to operate this way if its not malicious, Again i'm not bashing the sound editor software IM SURE ITS FINE, but i'm a paranoid person i always have to consider the worst case scenario.

edit:

very sorry please delete this. I found a tutorial in this section.

Edited by datkido
found an answer to my question
  • Yes! 1

On 5/21/2022 at 3:42 PM, Kivos said:

Anyone know the reason why it does require access to the registry though?

It reads your installed Wwise (version and path) and WWE 2k22 main directory from there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 3:11 AM, TheVisitorX said:

It reads your installed Wwise (version and path) and WWE 2k22 main directory from there. 

In other words, like 90% of the well-functioning apps out there.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:57 PM, datkido said:

does anyone know of an alternate way to inject sound files into the .pck files? I don't care how complicated it is, I'm just not comfortable installing software that requires access to my registry, I'm sure its fine but i just don't understand why you you program a piece of software to operate this way if its not malicious, Again i'm not bashing the sound editor software IM SURE ITS FINE, but i'm a paranoid person i always have to consider the worst case scenario.

edit:

very sorry please delete this. I found a tutorial in this section.

Why go through all of this complicated stuff, just for installing custom music? If you really don't trust the creator you can run the program on a virtual machine.

Edited by Waldoocs