WWE 2K22 CAW modifications tutorial 1 : ASSIGNING A DOWNLOADED CC character model as an alternate attire for a different character.

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

I will be posting a few tutorials on my discoveries in a bid to answer a few questions which have been asked by modders  but haven't been provided any answers. I'm just sharing my little knowledge here so I don't claim to know anything.

One question that has been asked regarding downloaded CAW  alts is, 

1. How do you make a downloaded Character CAS model  based on one character an alternate attire for a different character in the menu.

2. is it possible to remove the annoying THE SUPERSTAR announcement  for a downloaded Character CAS model  if not used as an alt ?

3. Is it possible to assign in-game superstar commentary to a CAS model?

4. Is it possible to use CAS presentation names for a Character CAS model as it can't be modified in the menu.

This first tutorial will answer the first question. Questions 2 to 4 are possible. All these require modifications to the data loaded into memory using cheatengine.

So lets get on.

For this tutorial, I have downloaded a random CAW of a modified attire for Alexa Bliss Goddess which isn't selectable in the game by default. 

What I will show here is how to make this CAS model selectable as an alternate for Alexa Bliss 21.

What you need :

Cheatengine

A list of the character ID's in the game. https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/WWE_2k22_Wrestler_ID_List

A hexadecimal calculator (You can use the windows calculator set to PROGRAMMER mode.0

Here is a screenshot of the model I will use in this tutorial. Its just selected at Random.

I will download this and save to my game.

w1DpotL.jpg

Next go to CREATE SUPERSTAR, select the downloaded model -EDIT and Select PERSONAL INFORMATION so you can view the names and social media names assigned to the model .

Ive taken note of the save slot name. I will search for this name in cheat engine. Try to use a unique name. You can change the name to something unique temporarily so you get fewer search results in cheatengine.

Next I will open cheat engine and using the STRING OPTION , type in ALEXA BLISS SEP 

JcgTtIz.jpg

I have obtained multiple entries in the search results. What you need is usually found  in the first few entries . You will ned to locate one with the names and social media handle listed in this format. Take note of how the data is structured so you know the right one.

hJWFFO2.jpg

When you locate this data, you ned to scroll down the memory viewer carefully as we need to locate the additional data for the CAS model right below it. Scroll down till you see the text HEY! on the right

as shown.

REMEMBER THE KEY WORD IS Hey!

I have highlighted 3 sets of bytes here. The first one is what we will be modifying for this tutorial. 

B1 03 ( flip the bytes as 03 B1 or 3B1 and convert to decimal . 3B1 in decimal is 945. 945 is the ID for Alexa Bliss Goddess which is the model used for this attire. 

This data tells the game to place the alternate attire selector under character ID 945. It hasn't got anything to do with the character model. This can be placed anywhere else.

hUoWJlS.jpg

Now we lookup the ID for Alexa Bliss 21  in this sheet 

https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/WWE_2k22_Wrestler_ID_List

. This is 620. Convert 620 to hexadecimal gives 26C which will be broken as 02 6C and flipped as 6C 02

Replace the B1 03 with 6C 02 

jYGdwPa.jpg

Open the CAS model in edit Custom Superstar , then PERSONAL INFORMATION - SET AS ALTERNATE ATTIRE set to YES.

When you now select Alexa Bliss 21, you will see the Alexa Bliss SEP 3 attire listed under it as shown here

9rdZweP.jpg

That's about it. If you have any questions, do post on this thread . 

Tutorial 2 will cover removing the SUPERSTAR announcement from a Downloaded CC model if you are not setting it as an alternate attire.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question, and I'm not sure if this was changed because of the 1.12 patch, but for me the numbers where you change the values of the alternate attire id, are different for me. For you it shows, B1 03 01 00, but for me it shows, 00 01 B1 03. I went along with it and changed the B1 03 to 6C 02, but when I save it and get out of the CAS menu, I notice that the values quickly revert back to B1 03. It doesn't stick, tried it with other characters and it reverts similarily to how if you were to unlock The Rock '98 and then once game is closed, it reverts back to being hidden, similar case here. My question would be if this is maybe fixed/patched as of version 1.12? If it's the case, so I can make an effort to revert my game back to a prior a version.

3 hours ago, WorldsFinest said:

I have a question, and I'm not sure if this was changed because of the 1.12 patch, but for me the numbers where you change the values of the alternate attire id, are different for me. For you it shows, B1 03 01 00, but for me it shows, 00 01 B1 03. I went along with it and changed the B1 03 to 6C 02, but when I save it and get out of the CAS menu, I notice that the values quickly revert back to B1 03. It doesn't stick, tried it with other characters and it reverts similarily to how if you were to unlock The Rock '98 and then once game is closed, it reverts back to being hidden, similar case here. My question would be if this is maybe fixed/patched as of version 1.12? If it's the case, so I can make an effort to revert my game back to a prior a version.

Hi. Can you post a cheatengine memoryviewer screenshot of the data you have tried editing? It might be in the wrong region.

16 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi. Can you post a cheatengine memoryviewer screenshot of the data you have tried editing? It might be in the wrong region.

Hi. I figured a work-around and nope it was actually in the correct region. For some reason, the place where the slot id goes was in the opposite side. Your example: B1 03 01 00. My example: 00 01 B1 03. Also, when I would change these values, they would revert back to normal just a second before the game exited CAW mode. What I did since they were reverting last second, I froze the values so that they wouldn't change once I exited, and WALAHH! It worked!

• 5 months later...