Help with X Packer versions for 2k14

DafyddGof

Hi everyone. My first post.

I'm trying to find out which version of Tekken's X-Packer tool works best with 2k14. I've seen a lot about 9 beta 4 and also 10.4 and been through a lot of posts that are many years old (I'm obviously a newbie to all this!)

Does it matter which version I get? Does the latest version 2019 still work with 2k14?

I'm on a JTAGed 360, not PS3. Looking to use mods for 2k14 only. CBA with the games that came after it, and I don't have the next gen console so won't be playing 2k19 or 2k22 for a while.

Any help or advice from those who are far more experienced than me on this would be much appreciated.

Diolch / Thanks 

• Too Sweet 1

I have the latest version and it works perfectly for 2K14. I'm not sure what version that is (the number), as I'm not at my home computer right now, but I can assure you it works great. Fantastic tool. I've modded belts, renders, arenas and wrestlers for 2K14 and X-Packer handles it smoothly. 

• Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Denbigh.

Does this latest version you mention allow for loads of CAW injections on 2k14 too?

If it does, 2k14 with the X-Packer is probably the last WWE game I'll ever need!

Thanks again

• Too Sweet 1

Happy to help. 

So, this version of X-Packer (which now that I'm home I can tell you it's version 2019.3.0.0) does not allow for the injection of CAWS. However, that's not to say it's not possible via another tool. I use the WWE2K14 mod tool to inject renders for CAWS. I'm including a tutorial video on how to do that, and in my YouTube description is a link to download the WWE2K14 mod tool. I didn't create the tool, but I have it and I believe it's free to share.

I'll also say this: I've never injected a CAW using this tool, only a CAW render. It should be the same concept and it's one of the functions of the tool, but again...I've never done it, so I can't really help you with it. I've always just created my own CAWS for 2K14, never injected anyone else's. 

Lastly, I'll testify to your statement that 2K14 is probably the last WWE game you'll ever need! 2K19 has certainly been modded more than 2K14, but it's just not as fun to play (in my opinion). And 2K22 is fresh and new, but is less moddable than 2K19. So yeah...I don't think you can go wrong 2K14/Wrestling Legends. Best wrestling game ever, in my humble opinion.

Edited by denbigh7
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

This is Pur3 Raf3x tool that I'd seen talked about! I read somewhere that it had been removed by the author for some reason. Thanks for directing me to it. It may be that I need 2 or 3 different tools to do everything I want, but it will be worth it.

Massive thanks for all your help. I'll speak to Tekken and get the X Packer this week.

Just a final quick question (and I realise how noobie it will be) but what is the difference between a render and a CAW? I haven't watched your video yet as I'm at university so, sorry if this question is answered in that.

Cheers

12 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

Happy to help. 

So, this version of X-Packer (which now that I'm home I can tell you it's version 2019.3.0.0) does not allow for the injection of CAWS. However, that's not to say it's not possible via another tool. I use the WWE2K14 mod tool to inject renders for CAWS. I'm including a tutorial video on how to do that, and in my YouTube description is a link to download the WWE2K14 mod tool. I didn't create the tool, but I have it and I believe it's free to share.

I'll also say this: I've never injected a CAW using this tool, only a CAW render. It should be the same concept and it's one of the functions of the tool, but again...I've never done it, so I can't really help you with it. I've always just created my own CAWS for 2K14, never injected anyone else's. 

Lastly, I'll testify to your statement that 2K14 is probably the last WWE game you'll ever need! 2K19 has certainly been modded more than 2K14, but it's just not as fun to play (in my opinion). And 2K22 is fresh and new, but is less moddable than 2K19. So yeah...I don't think you can go wrong 2K14/Wrestling Legends. Best wrestling game ever, in my humble opinion.

Just watched the video. Totally understand now.

Well off-topic, but that is one of the most relaxing tutorial videos I've seen. If that's your voice, you have proper ASMR voice. You should do readings of wrestling books, or wrestling history or something.

I've also just ordered the X Packer. Looking forward to getting home from uni and giving it a go.

Haha! Thanks man. That's funny you say that....I actualy sing and play music for a living and I've had numerous friends over the years tell me that they put their kids to sleep by playing my CDs. I was always like "Thanks?" 🤣

I'd like to do some more tutorial videos, just haven't had the time. I like watching those wrestling bios videos....never thought of doing one myself. May give it a shot.

If you have any issues with X-Packer, feel free to message me. I'm no expert by any means, but I've modded enough on 2K14 to figure a few things out. 

• Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1