Anyone Else Getting This Error..? Help Please

TheJStale

I keep getting this stupid error pretty often and my game closes. I've been trying to play through the Showcase and I'm on the Kane match at Cyber Sunday and its happened the most times during this match and I have had to keep reopening my game and try again. 

OgxbSg8.png

Has anyone had this problem before and how did they fix it? I am running my game on my PC. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card and I am running the game windowed at 1600x900 resolution with Vsync on, timed game update set to no,  action camera fps set to 60, and model quality set to standard. I had it set to High when I first downloaded it yesterday but when I got the above error the first time, I changed it to standard thinking it would fix it.

Also every time I boot up the game, I get this message:

QxwA0Uo.png

But I did not get it the very first time I loaded it up.

I started getting the same error this evening when trying to edit Custom Superstars in Create a Superstar.

I don't know what caused it but it seems to load someone fine the first time, then the second time it causes the game to crash.

13 hours ago, Smacktalks said:

I started getting the same error this evening when trying to edit Custom Superstars in Create a Superstar.

I don't know what caused it but it seems to load someone fine the first time, then the second time it causes the game to crash.

So the problem is not on my end, its the game? Hopefully this will be fixed within the next update or something.
The first time that graphics device removed error popped up was when I was just watching entrances. It was working all fine until Booker T. He did his ramp pyro thing and just moments later, the screen froze and that error popped up.
As for the showcase, for the past couple years I haven't really been PLAYING the games per se. I would simulate Universe mode and watch the matches. But I saw that you need to play through the showcase to unlock certain things that do not unlock with the Supercharger so I've been playing the matches and I haven't really been "good" at playing since 2K14 lol so Kane is giving me a hard time and I am sick and tired of having to restart the match again and again and again.

The game doesn't crash on my Desktop (Intel Core i9 9900K CPU/Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 GPU) for me at all. However, it does crash frequently on my Steam Deck (which it does for everyone on Steam Deck). So far I thought it might have been because of SteamOS/Proton, but perhaps it's an issue with the game and certain hardware.

For those of you who are experiencing these GRAPHICS_DEVICE_REMOVED crashes, what are your hardware specs? Are you using an AMD GPU/CPU by any chance?

I'm experiencing this issue in CAS mode as well. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. On reddit, a guy wrote that lowering the graphics settings helped him. Try that. 

13 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

The game doesn't crash on my Desktop (Intel Core i9 9900K CPU/Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 GPU) for me at all. However, it does crash frequently on my Steam Deck (which it does for everyone on Steam Deck). So far I thought it might have been because of SteamOS/Proton, but perhaps it's an issue with the game and certain hardware.

For those of you who are experiencing these GRAPHICS_DEVICE_REMOVED crashes, what are your hardware specs? Are you using an AMD GPU/CPU by any chance?

My processor is: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.19 GHz

And I have 16.0 GB RAM

Already mentioned my graphics card in my OP (if needed)

3 hours ago, j3trko said:

I'm experiencing this issue in CAS mode as well. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. On reddit, a guy wrote that lowering the graphics settings helped him. Try that. 

Lowering it to what? By how much?
Anybody having issues with game crashing on PS4? I've played the game for 8 hours according to my Steam launcher so I can't refund it, but if PS4 users are not having trouble I might have to just buy it again for PS4... 

41 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Hm, the GTX 960's 2GB of VRAM may just not be enough. It's definitely below the minimum system requirements.

Dang... :/ that sucks.

3 hours ago, TheJStale said:

My processor is: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.19 GHz

And I have 16.0 GB RAM

Already mentioned my graphics card in my OP (if needed)

Lowering it to what? By how much?
Anybody having issues with game crashing on PS4? I've played the game for 8 hours according to my Steam launcher so I can't refund it, but if PS4 users are not having trouble I might have to just buy it again for PS4... 

It's probably something 2K needs to fix anyway. It was just a suggestion. Also I'm experiencing some graphical glitches whenever I hit a finisher on an opponent.

I've been actively looking into this glitch, as well as a MyUniverse Corruption and CTD Glitch I've been experiencing lately...

The Graphics_Device_Removed error popped up for me for a while, but somehow, by getting it down to Windowed mode, turning the shading off and Anti-Aliasing, it stopped it... Seems to be an issue with nVidia cards...

This one, however, is my only issue... Driving me insane, but hopefully, I'll find the fixes... Downloaded a ton of Created Shows just to try this out for this video... It ends when it CTDs....

Not trying to be rude or anything but i want to ask you, why did you buy this game and your PC cant even support it? you are below the minimum spec card and you are wondering why you are crashing? this game is very graphics heavy im surprised you were even able to run it at all

On 5/6/2022 at 7:10 PM, TeeGeeYouTube said:

Not trying to be rude or anything but i want to ask you, why did you buy this game and your PC cant even support it? you are below the minimum spec card and you are wondering why you are crashing? this game is very graphics heavy im surprised you were even able to run it at all

I have been able to play the previous games with no issues so I just figured 2K22 would be no different. I realize that it was stupid to not check the requirements to see if I could still run it before buying and I should not have assumed anything. Oh well, you live and you learn. 🤷‍♂️

Oh trust me i had to learn the hard way myself lol, i tried running 2k20 on a GTX 960 and had the worst experience ever, pc would crash hard with black screen and card would malfunction i almost killed it a few times, i had to upgrade

Same error crash problem. in steam discussion so much player have that error. Even 1080-1050-3080 graphic cards. It's because of the game and it started my game after 1.09 update. I hope next update will fix that. 

Also i can play 60 fps and no lag eveymatch. Just 2-3 match will crash eveytime. 

Check that topic: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1255630/discussions/0/3184613366902282297/

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

Saw this was posted a while ago, but I thought I'd answer as I kept having this issue, particularly after the most recent update with the Stand Back Pack.

Basically every time I loaded CAS mode, the game would get laggy, and eventually I would crash and get the "Graphics Device Removed" error,

I have a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 game card, and have never had issues at running most games at full specs at 60fps, and likewise with 2K22 I never had a problem with running matches at full specs.

I asked this question to a friend, who asked on Discord, what we got back was that you needed to check if your Graphics System has something called Vulkan.

For me I searched Nvidia Vulkan, and found a page on the Nvidia Website, that allowed me to download Vulkan specifically for my Graphics Card, I ran the installer, and have being playing the game in CAS mode for the last few days and have not had any more issues with this. I really use a lot of parts for my CAWs, and have had no lags, or bugs in the mode.

Just search Vulkan in your browser it will be the first website,

Hope this helps anyone that is still having this problem

Edited by HarryPotterFan95