Injecting video replacements for trons and mini-trons?

CaptainJonny

I've been away from modding these games since 2K16, I know at one point there was a way to inject videos to replace in-game trons and minitrons. Do you guys think this will be possible with 2K22? One of the main problems with Universe Mode right now is that it crashes if your save goes over 100mb (stupid), and custom videos eat up a huge chunk of that save space, clocking in anywhere from 10 to 40mb each. This could help work around that by avoiding custom videos altogether.

Thoughts?

Just like you, I am very interested in replacing titantrons..

Unfortunately it seems after WWE 2K19, WWE 2K20 & WWE 2K22 .bnk (video) files are hard corded.

I have not used the mod tools called cak tools before. It was developed to unpack the hardcoded .bak files in WWE 2K20.

There's one currently in development for WWE 2k22 as well.

Temporary Solution:

1) Use Custom videos to create simple titantrons with less than 5mb file size. You can check the size of your custom videos in 

the game or in the save files.

There's a library of stock videos in the game itself for you to use and make custom titantrons. But it's best to limit the time of 

the video to less than 10 seconds.

Also Universe mode was problematic for me as well for the reasons you mentioned and also because of custom arenas which i created.

However after limiting the CAW to only 10 and using Custom Video with less than 5mb file size, I have played an entire season of

Universe mode without any crash.

My total save file at the point of Universe mode was around 60mb, So I guess keeping it around this range works for Universe mode.

Edited by Kanetaker

On 4/26/2022 at 6:19 AM, Kanetaker said:

Just like you, I am very interested in replacing titantrons..

Unfortunately it seems after WWE 2K19, WWE 2K20 & WWE 2K22 .bnk (video) files are hard corded.

I have not used the mod tools called cak tools before. It was developed to unpack the hardcoded .bak files in WWE 2K20.

There's one currently in development for WWE 2k22 as well.

Temporary Solution:

1) Use Custom videos to create simple titantrons with less than 5mb file size. You can check the size of your custom videos in 

the game or in the save files.

There's a library of stock videos in the game itself for you to use and make custom titantrons. But it's best to limit the time of 

the video to less than 10 seconds.

Also Universe mode was problematic for me as well for the reasons you mentioned and also because of custom arenas which i created.

However after limiting the CAW to only 10 and using Custom Video with less than 5mb file size, I have played an entire season of

Universe mode without any crash.

My total save file at the point of Universe mode was around 60mb, So I guess keeping it around this range works for Universe mode.

Does that CAW limit include alt attires? Because I'm kinda big on those.