WWE 2k22 Devs remove exclusive fullscreen from pc

Stav88

Developers of WWE 2k22 have removed exclusive fullscreen mode from the game and this in turn doesn't allow you to alter the resolution or refresh rate in the game.  Message from 2k staff

Hello Stav,

Thank you for your precious time.

This is now intended by Design. This is because users on Full screen are no longer able to change the resolution as that was causing a crash for many users.

I hope you will understand that.

Best regards,

Lucas S.

2K Support

Video of the issue to prove to support of the issue

never in my life gaming on pc has changing resolution crashed the game. This is the worst excuse I've ever heard. Ontop of that the game worked absolutely fine before the launch of patch 1.09 which removed exclusive fullscreen

• Like 1

What a dumb explanation by these 2k guys. Instead of fixing their bugs, they just lock things down that are bugged. :(

Anyway, for those that want to work around the issue on Windows, you can install AutoActions which allows you to create various profiles that are enabled when you start a game and disabled when you leave it. You can make profiles for Resolution, HDR, Refresh rate, etc. (at least on Nvidia cards, not sure if all functionality is there for AMD and Intel cards as well yet).

With that tool you can create a profile that sets your desktop to the desired resolution and/or refresh rate for the game when it starts up and sets it back to your default resolution once it's done.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What i do to fix this is set my pc display to 1080p while im playing and once im done i put back to 4K

Edited by TeeGeeYouTube

For me i have my Desktop in 4K and scaling to 300% to get all to normal. Before I start the Game I must scal back to 100% and start the Game and everything is OK and after playing I change it back to 300%.

But it's ridiculous that they can't do it like it is in any other game.