Cheat Engine Newbie (Asking for Tips/Advices)

Nyan4Krunex

I had no idea how cheat engine or modding worked, but I wanted to try helping with the data analysis. So, I binged a lot of old YouTube videos especially Pozzum. As I was playing around with some wrestler ids provided in a thread, it suddenly worked and I am having the most fun I have ever had in a WWE game. So far, I am able to change who I want to play as and change their attribute points. I have been trying really hard to change their entrance motion and moves in moveset via 'string' search but to no avail. So, I would really appreciate if anyone could give me pointers or suggestions on how to do those or what I should look for or what to search by. I am open to any other advices and tricks for having fun or getting started with Cheat Engine or modding as well! 🙌rr.png2k22.pngbr.png

Edited by Nyan4Krunex

Entrances and moves aren't strings. They're id's just like superstars. So for example if you're loading like Roman Reigns in CAE you'll have to search for his EVT ID which is something like "561"(idk his real ID) 

• Glorious 1

2 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Entrances and moves aren't strings. They're id's just like superstars. So for example if you're loading like Roman Reigns in CAE you'll have to search for his EVT ID which is something like "561"(idk his real ID) 

I see, that makes sense. I can make that work for entrances I think, possibly moves too. I do have a question regarding the efficiency of all this though. Is there a way that I don't have to scan over and over again each time? I save the addresses, but they are different each time I get out of a menu, so they need to be rescanned. There must be a better way of doing it, I hope.

Edited by Nyan4Krunex

18 hours ago, Nyan4Krunex said:

I see, that makes sense. I can make that work for entrances I think, possibly moves too. I do have a question regarding the efficiency of all this though. Is there a way that I don't have to scan over and over again each time? I save the addresses, but they are different each time I get out of a menu, so they need to be rescanned. There must be a better way of doing it, I hope.

Hi,

These memory addresses are dynamic , which is the main issue, unless you ran a cheatengine script which will automatically scan the addresses and make changes, but you still have to run cheatengine . These arent data values that can be saved in a file which the game reads.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

These memory addresses are dynamic , which is the main issue, unless you ran a cheatengine script which will automatically scan the addresses and make changes, but you still have to run cheatengine . These arent data values that can be saved in a file which the game reads.

I gotchu. That's what it seems like so far that I have been messing with it with them constantly changing. To update on earlier though, I haven't been able to find the evt ids or wtvr, so unfortunately couldn't change their moves or entrances individually. I can only copy a whole moveset or entrance to another superstar, but that's it.

2 hours ago, Nyan4Krunex said:

I gotchu. That's what it seems like so far that I have been messing with it with them constantly changing. To update on earlier though, I haven't been able to find the evt ids or wtvr, so unfortunately couldn't change their moves or entrances individually. I can only copy a whole moveset or entrance to another superstar, but that's it.

Hi, At present, there isn't a compiled list of evt ID's or moves for 2k22. Without this, you wouldn't be able to locate the data you require.

5 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, At present, there isn't a compiled list of evt ID's or moves for 2k22. Without this, you wouldn't be able to locate the data you require.

Yeah I understand, I was just trying to find the evt IDs from scratch, it can be tough.