Patch 1.09 - Now can't change Screen Resolution - wtf is wrong with these developers..

CeLioCiBR

xkcYMyU.png

So, yeah.. the new patch seems really cool and all but..
Why are they blocking the Screen Resolution ?
Why i have to change my desktop resolution if i want a higher or lower resolution ?
It was FINE before that patch. Wtf is wrong with them..
With Patch 1.08, i was using 5120x2880
It worked as it should, because i was using DLDSR from Nvidia.. now, i have to change Desktop resolution too..
Damn.

In 1.09 they changed the fullscreen mode from being Exclusive Fullscreen in 1.08 to Borderless Fullscreen in 1.09 so not sure if it was a mistake and they meant to have 3 fullscreen options like most games or maybe in order to be able to give us the 60fps Action Camera they had to make the game Borderless Fullscreen for some reason.  The only thing you can do is send in a CS Ticket and if they get enough of them maybe they will add Exclusive Fullscreen back or at least as a 3rd option.

• Like 1

Their full screen mode was bugged on certain systems (My GTX 1080-based laptop wouldn't run at native full screen resoltion of 1920x1080, for example, had to use Windowed mode) , so instead of properly fixing it they did what 2k does best, took the easy way out and disabled it. :(

On the bright side, the game is now playable in "full screen" on Steam Deck/Steam OS with the Experimental Proton layer because of it (alas, it still crashes frequently).

As a workaround on Windows, you can try using AutoActions to set your desired desktop resolution automatically once you start the game and set it back once you exit it, although I don't know if that suports DLDSR resolutions. But it's worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...