Lynch's 2K22 Mods & Ports Emporium - RELEASES HAVE BEGUN!

Pepsiguy2

21 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

trons are editable the same as always excepted theyre now all condensed into a single bk2.

did u guys know we can add physics to custom items now?

Oh my the goodness. Now I REALLY need to see Sephiroth from FF7: Remake in this game. That will look glorious. @_@

4 hours ago, Foxhounded said:

Oh my the goodness. Now I REALLY need to see Sephiroth from FF7: Remake in this game. That will look glorious. @_@

Im not sure theres a hair skeleton thats long as that, maybe Bianca??

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, Pepsiguy2 said:

I stopped guessing. I don't know. I don't make it. He keeps adding to it. Patience is a virtue. 

Anyway 

WWE_2K22_4_2_2022_1_47_44_PM.jpg WWE_2K22_4_2_2022_1_47_41_PM.jpg 

Is this stuff still possible with the new update 2k made recently? I heard they put a halt to modding.

Edited by eggie25

2 hours ago, eggie25 said:

Is this stuff still possible with the new update 2k made recently? I heard they put a halt to modding.

Long story short, we have to patch the exe every time they update the game, kinda like GTA modding or FIFA modding or something like that, so I think they're going to wait until the final patch in July to drop the tools so users dont have to constantly find the address to patch

2 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Long story short, we have to patch the exe every time they update the game, kinda like GTA modding or FIFA modding or something like that, so I think they're going to wait until the final patch in July to drop the tools so users dont have to constantly find the address to patch

Oh ok. I was kinda nervous this would be out of the question. Im looking to purchase a new gaming laptop,  but if this isn't possible anymore i would've simply said forget it til next year or so. Thanks for the response. 

9 hours ago, eggie25 said:

Oh ok. I was kinda nervous this would be out of the question. Im looking to purchase a new gaming laptop,  but if this isn't possible anymore i would've simply said forget it til next year or so. Thanks for the response. 

Even if it ends up not working there's always ways you could go to 1.08

On 5/5/2022 at 7:31 PM, johnnytigre2 said:

When go to release that new cake tools doesnt matter if its in beta all we need it 

Nope. They aren't releasing any public betas. The tools are too messy right now. Once it's out, it'll be a full and complete bug free package where the end user should almost never have to update it. 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:09 PM, Pepsiguy2 said:

Nope. They aren't releasing any public betas. The tools are too messy right now. Once it's out, it'll be a full and complete bug free package where the end user should almost never have to update it. 

so you can't use 2K20 cake tools even though it's the exact same file structure as 2K22?

On 5/11/2022 at 3:54 PM, RDNCowboy said:

so you can't use 2K20 cake tools even though it's the exact same file structure as 2K22?

1) Is not the same structure. Caks have encryption keys. The keys for 22 are not the same for 20 

2) every file format is newer, and more optimized. They will probably do this every year like any competent dev, so none of the 20 files are natively compatible in 22.

On 3/30/2022 at 3:00 PM, Pepsiguy2 said:

Its my favorite wrestling game since WWE 12

It feels most like '12 to me. Largely due to the impact effects and audio when hitting a special or finisher. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey welcome back.   Great work.  Just curious though.   Considering the news about the game patch etc.   Many people are under the impression that the game won't be moddable.    If that's the case will these previews every be something usable to the community?    I'm trying to word this the most polite way possible as this isn't intended to he rude.   

But if modding 2k22 won't be available what as a community are we to do with these previews? 

I'm just asking on behalf of anyone else who may be curious as to the ability to implement anyone of these.  

Thanks.   

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

16 hours ago, matt2282p said:

Hey welcome back.   Great work.  Just curious though.   Considering the news about the game patch etc.   Many people are under the impression that the game won't be moddable.    If that's the case will these previews every be something usable to the community?    I'm trying to word this the most polite way possible as this isn't intended to he rude.   

But if modding 2k22 won't be available what as a community are we to do with these previews? 

I'm just asking on behalf of anyone else who may be curious as to the ability to implement anyone of these.  

Thanks.   

So, long story short

Anyone running below 1.08 or below can use mods when mods are released.

1.09 introduced an exe block, which is easily patchable to enable mods.

1.12+ introduced a new encryption on the caks, which prevents extracting of files.

2K has since messaged folks at PWM, saying the next patch will "impact modding for everyone", what they mean by this, we have no idea.

Tool development has ceased til July, until 2K makes their stance clear. In July after the last DLC, they will do another look at the tools to see if we can bring back modding.

Regardless if they do or not, I am going to be posting everything by July, and people can figure out if they want to downgrade 1.08 (via cracked, or never upgrade their game) themselves. 

• Thanks 1

I don't get why 2K is so against modding, the mods is what got me back into the WWE games otherwise I haven't bothered since 2K14

If they keep this up I might not even buy 2K23

4 hours ago, Kivos said:

I don't get why 2K is so against modding, the mods is what got me back into the WWE games otherwise I haven't bothered since 2K14

If they keep this up I might not even buy 2K23

WWE doesn't want their characters edited in any way shape , or form, they are very protective of their IP which is why you cant change hair and stuff on the superstars in CAS, it took them years to convince them to allow us to change the clothes.

Not to mention modding for 2K can lead to many legal issues, like discovering things that shouldn't be datamined, stuff like that.

They have whole corporate lawyers to argue against this shit. Nothing we say or do online will ever matter to them lol

PC is also meaningless to them. 2K22 sold more than all other previous PC titles combined and yet it still makes up, maybe maximum 5% of the total player base, so really they could just cut out a PC release altogether and be fine financially.

Support indie wrestling games ;)

On 5/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, Pepsiguy2 said:

WWE doesn't want their characters edited in any way shape , or form, they are very protective of their IP which is why you cant change hair and stuff on the superstars in CAS, it took them years to convince them to allow us to change the clothes.

Not to mention modding for 2K can lead to many legal issues, like discovering things that shouldn't be datamined, stuff like that.

They have whole corporate lawyers to argue against this shit. Nothing we say or do online will ever matter to them lol

PC is also meaningless to them. 2K22 sold more than all other previous PC titles combined and yet it still makes up, maybe maximum 5% of the total player base, so really they could just cut out a PC release altogether and be fine financially.

Support indie wrestling games ;)

Were tools being worked on to your knowledge to port over entrances from past games? I only ask because i really want to see an old-school 80's Hogan entrance. 

14 hours ago, eggie25 said:

Were tools being worked on to your knowledge to port over entrances from past games? I only ask because i really want to see an old-school 80's Hogan entrance. 

In pretty sure it's not possible. The animation format is massively changed

40 minutes ago, eggie25 said:

Oh no. That's not good at all.

Its great for the developers so they can add easily, not so much for us for porting. But that shouldn't ever be a consideration when developing new technology , so I do not blame them one bit.

10 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Its great for the developers so they can add easily, not so much for us for porting. But that shouldn't ever be a consideration when developing new technology , so I do not blame them one bit.

Well hopefully you guys at least one day find a way for Hogan 88 to have his shirt actually tear. I've been enjoying this game so far. It's fun.

11 hours ago, eggie25 said:

Well hopefully you guys at least one day find a way for Hogan 88 to have his shirt actually tear. I've been enjoying this game so far. It's fun.

eh it can be done in some workaroundy ways im sure, like replacing the default hogan or something

10 hours ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

eh it can be done in some workaroundy ways im sure, like replacing the default hogan or something

I was thinking that might be the way to have his shirt rip.

2k needs to chill on the mod crackdown. It's an unnecessary waste of time. They should just focus on improving this game or the next one. They seem to want to make things harder and harder, but you guys who mod will eventually figure them out.