1 hour ago, petebaldwin said:

Nah - you’ll be fine. I’ve changed a bunch of songs (both on this and 2K19) and have never had an issue. 

They only seem to care about you uploading things to the creation centre that they don’t like.

The game can't even detect mods unless you put them onto the server anyway (e.g use a custom hogan on an online match)

So I've managed to get Jericho and Adam Cole themes working in game replacing 80's 1 & 2. But I've tried replacing 80's 3 & 4 with Cody and Hangman themes and in game they are silent. I go back to check the sound editor and they are gone completely.

They were .wem files and the songs played fine before I converted them to .wem so I'm not sure where I've gone wrong. I used the same thing for the 2 that work.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, TheDa said:

So I've managed to get Jericho and Adam Cole themes working in game replacing 80's 1 & 2. But I've tried replacing 80's 3 & 4 with Cody and Hangman themes and in game they are silent. I go back to check the sound editor and they are gone completely.

They were .wem files and the songs played fine before I converted them to .wem so I'm not sure where I've gone wrong. I used the same thing for the 2 that work.

I experienced this as well! You're going to have to replace the .pak with the backup in order to get those songs back. Moving forward I suggest only using the converter within the sound editor and not use wwise. Using the converter within the sound editor I had zero issues with silent songs and missing songs. I don't know why some songs don't work when you convert using wwise but using the editor all songs work. At least for me. Also preview each song after replacing it. If it goes silent, replace the song again with a file you know works and close the editor. When you reopen the editor the song will still be there but if you don’t replace it with a working wem file, the song will dissapear once you reopen the editor. I hope you understand what i'm saying. For example when you preview cody theme it will be silent so replace it with coles theme temporarily so that the song doesn't disappear when you reopen it. You won't have to go through all of this if you use the converter within the sound editor though.

Edited by fundango69
  • Thanks 1

My Sound Editor says can't play source file when i right click the song and press play to test it, I've reinstalled sound editor, updated Wwise, Verified my wwe2k22 in steam, it plays the songs i had when i first got the sound editor, but will no longer play ANY new song i import in

I'm having a particular issue with imported .wem files. Everything works fine but for an unknown reason, the volume in some songs get really messy when i import them, going up and down as if someone was operating a volume button.

Any answers on this?

Edited by clever_nickname

On 4/13/2022 at 9:39 PM, fundango69 said:

I experienced this as well! You're going to have to replace the .pak with the backup in order to get those songs back. Moving forward I suggest only using the converter within the sound editor and not use wwise. Using the converter within the sound editor I had zero issues with silent songs and missing songs. I don't know why some songs don't work when you convert using wwise but using the editor all songs work. At least for me. Also preview each song after replacing it. If it goes silent, replace the song again with a file you know works and close the editor. When you reopen the editor the song will still be there but if you don’t replace it with a working wem file, the song will dissapear once you reopen the editor. I hope you understand what i'm saying. For example when you preview cody theme it will be silent so replace it with coles theme temporarily so that the song doesn't disappear when you reopen it. You won't have to go through all of this if you use the converter within the sound editor though.

how do you replace the .pak file with the backup? The same thing happened to me also

This is a great tool!! I added some themes replacing some generics but deleted the ring announcer calls...somehow? Like even in title entrances the game omits even showing the champion poses. Like The ring announcer is in the ring at the beginning of the entrances but then disappears, and also it wont call out anyone in any mode. Not even in create a victory. I have done something, surely. Any ideas how to fix it?

Edited by Tyguy2364

10 hours ago, Ways Dead said:

Are you still wanting custom_data xml files? Ive started on inring commentary

Sure. In-ring commentary is still welcome, so feel free to send my your files.

Im new to this, but looking to import some custom themes. Can I ask, where's the best place to get the entrance music on?  Im hoping for more attitude era music, I only really have some on CD and don't have a DVD drive?

Ok Ill send the lines_ps_xx ones once they are done (unless you want me to send what I got so far). So far I have identified and tagged line_ps_1, 2, 3, and 4. Working on 5 right now. Hoping to have all done in a months time since each file takes me roughly 2 days and there are 16.

• Glorious 1

Hey Guys!

I always get the message "generating soundbanks failed with an error" if i want to convert to wem.

Could you please tell me how i can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone know what Music pack Umaga's theme is? Either I'm just blind on not seeing it or I just cant find it.

Edit: Just realized steam didn't download the Update DLC for people with the season pass for some reason yet. Which is probably why I'm not seeing it.

Edited by Mushroomhead17

On 4/19/2022 at 8:26 PM, buzzkill3r92 said:

how do you replace the .pak file with the backup? The same thing happened to me also

On your computer if you navigate to the sound editor 2022 download folder you should find a folder inside called backup. Just find the earliest created .pck file of the numbered .pck you want to restore. Just copy and paste that into your sound folder within the wwe 2k22 download folder. Your going to have to rename the file.  You may wanna do that first and just copy, paste and replace the file. For example my backup says "music_7.pck_22_03_25_05_42_04." I copy and paste that somewhere of my choice outside of that folder and rename it to "music_7.pck" or just delete everything after .pck same thing. I would then copy the renamed file and paste it into the wwe2k22 sound folder and hit yes to replace the file. Your missing songs should be restored then. Sorry for the late reply, life has be hectic lately. Hope this helps and for anyone else experiencing the issue.

Hey Visitor, such great work on the tool. I was wondering, is there any way to change the in-game strings for the song names, as well as the jukebox information to whatever we want? I hate Machine Gun Kelly (for non-music related reasons) and I want to scrub all trace of him out of the game and replace him with other artists.

edit: upon research i realise that most of the game files are locked behind .cak files (fuck take2 for making vc do that). if there is any way i can help get this information and help the community i would be glad to join the cause. lets just hope the .cak files dont have different encryption per-file😅

Edited by kye

• 2 weeks later...

This tool is amazing  - thanks for making and sharing it! 

I was wondering whether there is any way to do batch replace.  In other words, something like an "Import All" analog to "Export All."  For example, if I want to replace 100 wem in a PCK, I would like to extract the entire PCK to a folder, replace the 100 sounds in the folder, and then build a new PCK from the folder.  That way, whenever the game updates and clobbers my modded PCK, I can quickly rebuild a new one without having to manually replace all 100 files again one-by-one in the GUI.  Thanks!

UPDATE:  I figured out that "FIle -> New PCK Archive" already does exactly what I was asking for.  I'll keep this post up in case anyone else was also curious about how to do the above.  Since it's creating the PCK from scratch, the WEMs seem to be inserted into the PCK in a different order than the original, but the resulting PCK seems to work in-game, at least for the streaming_install.pck which I tested.  It would still be cool to have the ability to take a folder containing just the wems I want to replace, and have the tool batch-replace all the corresponding wems in the PCK, keeping the original order, but the main thing is that the existing solution re-creating the entire archive from scratch appears to work perfectly in-game and is a much easier way to quickly replace a large number of WEMs than going one-at-a-time.

Edited by peek6
  • Like 1