A first data update has been released. It is based on the official data source (Entrance Editor). More will follow when I have time to sort out all received data.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Woo 1

• TheVisitorX changed the title to Sound Editor 2022 [Released: Version 1.0.1.1] / Testing

I had this game for PS5 already, but I bought it again for PC as soon as I saw this was released. I had no idea these tools would be available so quickly. Thank you again. This is awesome

• Like 1

I've started naming id's in the ring announcer files for those who plan to do custom callnames. Can't say when it'll be finished though with work and whatnot getting in the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Yes! 1

If I wanted to replace a sound effect (such as that hideous ring mat sfx), how would I go about extracting bnk files? Possible?

And as always, much thanks for your incredible work on getting a Sound Editor out so quickly, @TheVisitorX. The genius of some of you modders/tool creators on this forum astounds me.

1 hour ago, brienj said:

Nice update naming a lot of the files.  I can't believe you missed Shawn Michaels though.  He's right after Santos Escobar in music pack 6 for anyone wondering, lol

Looks like most of the unlockables were not filled in yet.

12 hours ago, brienj said:

Nice update naming a lot of the files.  I can't believe you missed Shawn Michaels though.  He's right after Santos Escobar in music pack 6 for anyone wondering, lol

11 hours ago, CaptainJonny said:

Looks like most of the unlockables were not filled in yet.

Yeah, they are all labelled in the data I sent (because I just went by what the music actually is, except for some obscure stock music that neither myself nor AI-based recognition tools were able to recognize), he just hasn't come around to integrate my stuff yet (again, I didn't use the in-game names of the tracks, so there may be a little bit of work to be done to match those still). :)

As correctly stated, the list is not complete, being purely based on the Entrance Editor, with no unlockable characters. I have already received more data, thank you again for that. I just hadn't found the time to merge them yet. I'll catch up on that and release an update in the next few days.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 8:32 AM, Cave Waverider said:

Yeah, they are all labelled in the data I sent (because I just went by what the music actually is, except for some obscure stock music that neither myself nor AI-based recognition tools were able to recognize), he just hasn't come around to integrate my stuff yet (again, I didn't use the in-game names of the tracks, so there may be a little bit of work to be done to match those still). :)

Ok, I see that's how you did it now, I thought you manually did it, so not having Shawn Michaels was really surprising to me, I definitely didn't mean anything bad when I said it, lol

I really appreciate your work on this, great job.

• Like 1

There will be a new version today. This version adds more missing entries in data.xml file and I have reworked the error handling when injecting files. Before injecting any data, it is now checked whether the file can be written. If it's readonly, SE will try to remove that attribute first. If this is not possible, a clear error message is displayed. This is also the case if the file is locked and therefore cannot be written. This should help users with related issues. Before there was just a general error like: Couldn't inject file data.

Update:

Version 1.0.1.2 is out!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

• TheVisitorX changed the title to Sound Editor 2022 [Released: Version 1.0.1.2]
2 hours ago, shrimbo98 said:

Getting Couldnt Inject File, reason: Generating Soundbanks failed with an error. Whats the reason for this? Or any solutions?

Your Wwise doesn't seem to work correctly. Use wem instead of any mp3 or wav files. In the next release I will remove import from other media except for wem. If you want wem files, simply download them or convert them before with the internal sound converter. 

3 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Your Wwise doesn't seem to work correctly. Use wem instead of any mp3 or wav files. In the next release I will remove import from other media except for wem. If you want wem files, simply download them or convert them before with the internal sound converter. 

Yeah i havent had much luck with the sound converter either. Keeps failing and telling me to run with admin rights even though i already am. It did work for the first few hours until i ran into these problems. Ill keep troubleshooting it but any other info about what may be going wrong would be awesome haha

2 hours ago, shrimbo98 said:

Yeah i havent had much luck with the sound converter either. Keeps failing and telling me to run with admin rights even though i already am. It did work for the first few hours until i ran into these problems. Ill keep troubleshooting it but any other info about what may be going wrong would be awesome haha

Hey I've just had a similar issue as you. I had to change the extension on the file name to .wem instead of .wav and that fixed it. It looks like the uploaders might have converted them to .wem but then changed the file name before uploading

3 hours ago, Anreal said:

Hello, it said couldn't inject file data, maybe any solution to this, I have searched and found nothing, in previous games it worked well

Do you have the latest version? If so there will be a more precise error. 

7 hours ago, shrimbo98 said:

Most things are done in an external program. All that SE does in that case is calling an external Wwise file with some parameters. Unfortunately there is no other way to convert to wem without Wwise involved :( So there is not much I can do on my end. You are also able to do it manually in Wwise, but it's a bit more work. Do you have the right path to Wwise set in your SE-settings? 

21 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Do you have the latest version? If so there will be a more precise error. 

Most things are done in an external program. All that SE does in that case is calling an external Wwise file with some parameters. Unfortunately there is no other way to convert to wem without Wwise involved :( So there is not much I can do on my end. You are also able to do it manually in Wwise, but it's a bit more work. Do you have the right path to Wwise set in your SE-settings? 

I have tried doing it through Wwise but its been hit or miss aha. I disabled the dynamic audio normalizer in the sound converter tool and everything seems to be working again

3 minutes ago, shrimbo98 said:

I have tried doing it through Wwise but its been hit or miss aha. I disabled the dynamic audio normalizer in the sound converter tool and everything seems to be working again

Interesting. If that is working, then it should be another issue. Could you reproduce this by enabling that option again? And it's only the case if it's enabled? 

Edited by TheVisitorX

11 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Interesting. If that is working, then it should be another issue. Could you reproduce this by enabling that option again? And it's only the case if it's enabled? 

Yeah enabling it again causes the error to happen. Consistently working with it disabled though.

6 hours ago, layto said:

Hey I've just had a similar issue as you. I had to change the extension on the file name to .wem instead of .wav and that fixed it. It looks like the uploaders might have converted them to .wem but then changed the file name before uploading

If you use Firefox to download the .wem files, firefox automatically turns the .wem files to .wav files. But chrome doesn't do this