WWE 2k22 Bugs and Issues

Cave Waverider

If you encounter any bugs or issues with the game post them here instead of creating a separate thread for each bug/issue so people can see if anybody else has experienced a bug before. Also include the game version (it's displayed on the start screen of the game) and the system (Steam PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Playstation 5 or Playstation 4) you're playing on.

Note that this thread just serves as an overview for the community and isn't a bug report channel - if you encounter any bugs, please report them via the official 2k Support Channels.

• Cave Waverider changed the title to WWE 2k22 Bugs and Issues

The game just won't start, no error or anything. 
I have Windows 10 Home 21H2 SO 19044.1586
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 2400 WITH RADEON VEGA GRAPHICS
Nvidia geforce GTX 1060 6GB
24 GB RAM

PlayStation 4 Pro, v1.05

In classic Universe mode, when I announced cash in money in the bank (with Cesaro) on smackdown on the Men’s champion and won the title, every show (Raw, Nxt, Smackdown and PPV) after that featured a Cesaro vs Cesaro match for the Universal Championship.

Be very careful about using the deletion utility. I just used it to delete only a handful of things (2 CAWs, 1 alt attire, and maybe 3 or 4 images) and while it was deleting, the entire game crashed. When I restarted it, some of my data is now corrupted (3 CAWs and 2 arenas/shows, all unrelated to the prior stuff I tried to delete).

The game crashes when selecting Create a Show and when changing match settings in PLAY.
I deleted my save game, thinking that it was corrupted and all when back to normal.

Today I had exactly the same issue....
I deleted a a few custom images (10) via the Deletion Tool (that crashed also the first time I tried to use it) and all went back to normal once more.

It can happen at any time now and I have no idea what's happening.

I am pissed because 2K had 2 years and a half to figure out the coding of this game.
since 2K22 is obviously a port from 2K20... so don't tell me it's a new engine from the ground up because it's not.

It became obvious when they got rid of create a custom entrances because that was crashing the game in.... 2K20!
They still can't figure out the codes of their own game so unfortunately I have little hop of anything being fixed again this time...

Also, there is 1 arena missing in arenas selection in create a show.
It shows only 31 arenas instead of the 32 available.
At first I couldn't select Starrcade, then because I had many bad crashes, I deleted my saved game.
Then, when I went back to Create a show, Starrcade was available but not NWO sould out.....

Can anybody upload a blank show with the NWO Souled Out arena so I can download it and see if I can use it?

Edited by nsieniski

55 minutes ago, nsieniski said:

The game crashes when selecting Create a Show and when changing match settings in PLAY.
I deleted my save game, thinking that it was corrupted and all when back to normal.

Today I had exactly the same issue....
I deleted a a few custom images (10) via the Deletion Tool (that crashed also the first time I tried to use it) and all went back to normal once more.

It can happen at any time now and I have no idea what's happening.

I am pissed because 2K had 2 years and a half to figure out the coding of this game.
since 2K22 is obviously a port from 2K20... so don't tell me it's a new engine from the ground up because it's not.

It became obvious when they got rid of create a custom entrances because that was crashing the game in.... 2K20!
They still can't figure out the codes of their own game so unfortunately I have little hop of anything being fixed again this time...

Also, there is 1 arena missing in arenas selection in create a show.
It shows only 31 arenas instead of the 32 available.
At first I couldn't select Starrcade, then because I had many bad crashes, I deleted my saved game.
Then, when I went back to Create a show, Starrcade was available but not NWO sould out.....

Can anybody upload a blank show with the NWO Souled Out arena so I can download it and see if I can use it?

It's been discovered the game has an invisible save data LIMIT. No one knows what it is, but it's after so many Community Creations have been downloaded (AKA all the images that come with CAWs, arenas, etc.). Once that invisible limit is hit, the game crashes like crazy.

It happened to me too. The moment I deleted all my arenas and a handful of CAWs, the crashing stopped. However, I still hover somewhere around the limit because with my 28 CAWs, if I try to download even ONE arena, the crashes occur all over again and I have to delete either the arena or some more CAWs to stabilize the game again.

Basically, there's nothing we can do about it except avoiding downloading too many Community Creations until 2K HOPEFULLY fixes this issue.

1 hour ago, The Anti Source said:

It's been discovered the game has an invisible save data LIMIT. No one knows what it is, but it's after so many Community Creations have been downloaded (AKA all the images that come with CAWs, arenas, etc.). Once that invisible limit is hit, the game crashes like crazy.

It happened to me too. The moment I deleted all my arenas and a handful of CAWs, the crashing stopped. However, I still hover somewhere around the limit because with my 28 CAWs, if I try to download even ONE arena, the crashes occur all over again and I have to delete either the arena or some more CAWs to stabilize the game again.

Basically, there's nothing we can do about it except avoiding downloading too many Community Creations until 2K HOPEFULLY fixes this issue.

This is crazy!
Thank you for the info.
I have around 20 caws and 1 custom arena.
This is bad.

Ps5 version here. My game crashed multiple times while I was making a caw and it didn’t save anything. In addition, the game keeps crashing when I try to select a different arena for a match. I deleted all my images and hoping that will help but the game clearly can’t handle community creations. I didn’t have many downloaded…. Very disappointing 

The game constantly crashes. I can’t use free play, I can’t join my friends online lobbies and now my MyGm save crashes whenever I try to load it. I’m in the process of uninstalling it on On My XB1. Another one of my friends has experienced constant crashes too; and he’s on pc. 

Edited by TheDukeOfDudes

Just like for 2K20, after the early patches the sweat mechanic is broken again.
Superstars and Caws don't show sweat signs during victory scenes.
When the victory scene is over and the superstar freeze at the end, then suddenly the sweat appears.
It's even worse for caws, they just sweat from head to neck during matches, the sweat doesn't appear after the neck (after the texture seam of the neck).
(It's easy to check with Highlight Real during a match)
Did the Tech Art guys forgot to check a box to allow sweat on the body material......?

It's the exact same bug as 2K20, I create a ticket 2 years ago about the very same issue and nothing changed back then.
I'm not going top waste my time this year.
The dev team has to read those threads, that's all.

This is no AAA quality and I didn't pay that much money for a game, HOPING everything is going to work the way it should.

2 of my caws,(out of 20), that used to work fine a couple of days ago are now displayed with 'glossy black material' on all clothes during matches.
Sometimes you can see the real material for a seconde but it's looks like a rendering/lighting issue.
I play with in-game arenas so it's not an issue related to custom arena lighting.

2 other caws that used to work fine a couple of days ago (not the 2 same ones as the bug mentioned above) are now displayed with the same short hairstyle during matches instead of the hairstyles assigned to them in the Creation suite.
This game is a mess and it's getting ridiculous...........

Anyone notice any broken wrestler models or ones that suffer really bad texture issues? 

Scott Hall and Triple H both seem to have some noticeable texture issues that are surprising that they made it through QA testing.  The default Scott Hall model has a really bad bug where these big black boxes at the top of his legs clip through his tights and block out half the word CHICO on the front of his tights. You can see the bug when the character is walking during his entrance or moving around in a match doing moves and the bug appears on the front and back of the model.  The Razor Ramon model does not have this bug and I do not own the nWo Edition so I cannot test that version of Scott Hall to see if it has the same issue.  The bug looks like some transparency texture was not added to the top of the leg model so instead the black texture at the top of the legs is what is clipping through the CHICO tights attire model when the character moves around. 

Triple H has a weird big black texture under his beard which seems like another transparency bug so during his entrance and while moving around it looks really unusual as there is this big black blob on his neck.  Below are a couple pictures of the issues which hopefully they can fix especially the Scott Hall bug since so many players will be remembering Hall through this game this year.  

Scott Hall Texture bug

Scott Hall Texture bug

Triple H Texture bug

Triple H Texture bug

Edited by Darkness Muta

I'm on PC. I just started the MyRise mode, which is seeing minor bugs and glitches on my end. None of them break gameplay, or anything major. They're just annoying. The main one I've noticed is that, when you select a superstar, or member of management to speak to in between matches, the camera is pushed far back. The camera is pointing in the direction of your CAW, and whoever he/she is speaking to, but it's at a distance, and at first, I thought it was maybe intentional, and wondered why they would make such an odd choice. As I continued on, I would see the same thing happen again and again, but it started to to expose the entire room, behind the walls, exposing complete darkness. I looked it up on YouTube, and found nobody else going through the same thing.

Another thing, I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, and 5223 mb of graphic memory. My texture quality is set at standard, and I'm assuming it's because I need more graphic memory, but I've seen some people online claim that you need 16 gbs of RAM to run texture quality at high, and I have 16 gigs of RAM. So, should I be seeing my texture quality on high?

(PC, on Steam) I created a custom arena, when I try to use it for a match (or show), the game crashes back to the desktop.

Edited by Lion_72 ASW

it seems player 1 for some reason has the gamepad icon even though i don't have one plugged in. with a custom match i only have the option to play as 2P or let it be an AI match. 1P is skipped and left at the bottom

this may explain why there is no way to input (even use escape) either with kb&m or gamepad inside of matches but can outside of them on the menu

Edited by sirdingus

On 3/16/2022 at 10:16 AM, freejordn said:

I'm on PC. I just started the MyRise mode, which is seeing minor bugs and glitches on my end. None of them break gameplay, or anything major. They're just annoying. The main one I've noticed is that, when you select a superstar, or member of management to speak to in between matches, the camera is pushed far back. The camera is pointing in the direction of your CAW, and whoever he/she is speaking to, but it's at a distance, and at first, I thought it was maybe intentional, and wondered why they would make such an odd choice. As I continued on, I would see the same thing happen again and again, but it started to to expose the entire room, behind the walls, exposing complete darkness. I looked it up on YouTube, and found nobody else going through the same thing.

Another thing, I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, and 5223 mb of graphic memory. My texture quality is set at standard, and I'm assuming it's because I need more graphic memory, but I've seen some people online claim that you need 16 gbs of RAM to run texture quality at high, and I have 16 gigs of RAM. So, should I be seeing my texture quality on high?

Have the same MyRise issue as well with the camera and it happened out of a sudden. No idea on how to fix it as well. 

• Like 1

I came across a major limiting issue that I can't figure out, I'm stuck at the Start Menu. The game isn't registering my controller, my keyboard, all I got is Rey Mysterio staring at me like it's my fault I'm not starting the game.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I finally experienced the CAW/image limit issue today.  I thought I'd be fine so long as I kept a low amount of CAWS.  Only got around 20 plus some renders for them before I started getting all the crashes. I hope they patch it soon. Of course, the means something else will break.