Are u excited for wwe 2k22

Therealjakereese

Sadly, no excitement here. The PC version is the last-gen version yet costs as much as the next-gen version on consoles. I doubt it will be very moddable or even bug-free.
I even heard they took features like Advanced Entrances out in 2k22. Does anybody know if that's true and if so, what other features are missing from previous games?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Sadly, no excitement here. The PC version is the last-gen version yet costs as much as the next-gen version on consoles. I doubt it will be very moddable or even bug-free.
I even heard they took features like Advanced Entrances out in 2k22. Does anybody know if that's true and if so, what other features are missing from previous games?

2k finally answered and said they did remove that feature. A lot of the influencers are saying the same.  I am torn on the game. Like on one hand, it would be GREAT to have a new game to build mods and characters around.  I bought it but will not hesitate to claim a refund within the 3 hour window if I am not liking what I see or they've blocked mods again.  I won't be too upset as my 2k19 has the best roster I could ask for in a game thanks to the modding community (and they keep adding to it).  The graphics still look good despite being 4 years old too. 

I will also add that the ability render CAWS may be a plus at least.  It won't be the same level as having mods but the best CAWS have always been on consoles and I usually play on PC.  Having the ability to download some of those creations (cross platform) and add renders sounds great. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 4:44 AM, Cave Waverider said:

watching now a twitch stream of pc version, looks like next gen

It seems like the graphics look pretty bad compared to WWE 2k19 on the PC (even on current generation versions for Xbox Series X/PS5), it's kind of like 2k20 in that regard. It seems the performance is good, though, they should port it to the Nintendo Switch as it should run at constant 30fps there, I'd think.

14 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

It seems like the graphics look pretty bad compared to WWE 2k19 on the PC (even on current generation versions for Xbox Series X/PS5), it's kind of like 2k20 in that regard. It seems the performance is good, though, they should port it to the Nintendo Switch as it should run at constant 30fps there, I'd think.

I personnaly think graphics looks awsome, especially in old school arena. That mist effect on wcw arena is perfect IMO.

Saw on tweeter we can upload render this year for caws ?

https://twitter.com/cmpuls3/status/1501128260544991236?t=fVCK3Z-IsEy-0ekpCQVkNQ&s=19

I got to play my friend's nWo copy of the game a bit on the Xbox Series X and Xbox One X today. Both generation versions seem to be exactly the same, just that one has the resolution and some graphics options turned down slightly (seems to also have physics simulation for cloth and hair set to a higher level, but it isn't much), but no real difference unlike what 2k claimed. That cross-gen bundle stuff is a complete farce. On the bright side, the PC version is thus likely the best version still.

It's also amazing how many bugs are still in even though they took 18 month extra to get it "right".

When I was checking if bugs from 2k20 were still there (the ones I could remember) I noticed that the way they "fixed" many bugs from 2k20 in 2k22 was simply removing things that were bugged instead of actually fixing them. For example Wrestlers that had floating hair when creating alternate attires (like the Long-haired Triple H model), those wrestlers are gone, just like Advanced Entrances were buggy, they are now gone, too.

I've encountered the first bugs when trying to create a team/stable. I created DX since there are five members of them in the game (after unlocking HBK in the third showcase match). 
Funnily enough, if you have more than 3 people in the stable, you can't set/edit their entrance or victory. You have to set that before adding the fourth member. Or if you want to edit the tag entrance/victory, you can only have two members in. Also, any teams you add yourself aren't selectable in the Create an entrance menu unlike pre-made teams, you need to go through the roster/teams thing then it works...kind of.
Also, while the DX tag entrance is in the game, it doesn't work because the DX Titantron with the transparency effects isn't in (neither is the DX theme, only X-Pac's) and you can't seem to set the Tron to none either, so you just see whichever tron you pick through almost the entire entrance.
In addition, the nWo stable that is there by default doesn't have nWo entrances/victories set, just some generic crap. And the nWo's victory names apparently haven't been added to the String file either, you get a nice "DUMMY_REAL_NAME_0000" instead. Great job as usual, 2k.
And that's just the beginning of the buggyness.
Also, the game doesn't register input from neither the Xbox Chatpad nor a USB keyboard (to type things in for names, search, etc..).

I played through the Rey Mysterio Showcase and encountered one bug where I was fighting next to the barricade and somehow warped into the crowd and I couldn't get back to the ring so I had to restart the showcase.

Another one was in the Bonus match, where I had to climb the turnbuckle to perform a dive but I couldn't climb any of the turnbuckles (or interact with tnem at all) as they bugged out. After restarting the showcase I didn't encounter it anymore.

Oh yeah, and the game wants me to read and confirm their EULA and privacy policy on every start, too.

And it doesn't like Xbox quick resume either (crashes).

I truly wonder what 2k spent all the extra time on here. The game isn't ready, it shouldn't have been released in this state.

On the bright side, the gameplay is pretty good. I like the slower pace, the new controls are alright, the animations are nice. And I just love the button mashing kickout/submission system, especially with the hold option on where I can just hold down the button instead of mashing it. It's a lot less stressful to yourself and the controller to just hold whichever button is needed down.

I think I'll get this on PC after all, because I like the gameplay better than 2k19 and I'm looking forward to some mods eventually (at least getting the proper DX music in instead of having to use X-Pac's theme for the stable would be a good start). Hopefully the bugs will be fixed in the future.

• Like 1
  • What? 1
  • Thanks 1