Is modding 2k14 worth it?

RyosSplitter

I recently got back into wrestling games, and the 360 games are by far my favorite. I 2k14's universe mode, but wish there were more characters. I decided I'd just import every superstar and attire into 2k14. As I've just been research and reading up on tutorials before I start modding anything, I've seen a lot of threads and so my question is: Is my "mod" worth the time? Even just importing characters seems to take up a lot of time,  and I don't know if I have months to dedicate to this. How long would you guys estimate it would take a complete noob to finish this? Would I be better off just paying someone else to do it? Is that even an option? 

I'd say you would spent up to a year depending how much time you can dedicate in a day and how many mods/attires you want to add.

I've spent somewhere around 2.5 years (that includes making caws) getting almost everything I need done. I'm still missing a few things still. I bet that will take me an extra month to polish when I have the time. Believe me this thing eats time in huge amounts.

It depends on what era you're looking for. The Wrestling Legends Mod has just about every wrestler from the 80's covered, as well as tons of the 90's and early 2000's as well. There are other mods that people have done that have completely overhauled the roster as well, but WL is what I'm familiar with. So again....it just depends on what era you're looking at recreating.

12 hours ago, Impaler said:

I'd say you would spent up to a year depending how much time you can dedicate in a day and how many mods/attires you want to add.

I've spent somewhere around 2.5 years (that includes making caws) getting almost everything I need done. I'm still missing a few things still. I bet that will take me an extra month to polish when I have the time. Believe me this thing eats time in huge amounts.

I just want to take in everyone from '12 to 2k17 and move them into 2k14, along with most of their attires. Again, I'm a complete noob. So if I dedicated two hours, would it be feasible to at least import one superstar with all their attires in a single day? 

30 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

It depends on what era you're looking for. The Wrestling Legends Mod has just about every wrestler from the 80's covered, as well as tons of the 90's and early 2000's as well. There are other mods that people have done that have completely overhauled the roster as well, but WL is what I'm familiar with. So again....it just depends on what era you're looking at recreating.

I'm just looking to take everyone from '12-2K17 and put them into 2K14. I understand that importing existing models is substantially easier than making and putting in new ones, but is importing one character + two to four attires a day still too steep of a goal?

On 1/21/2022 at 3:40 AM, RyosSplitter said:

I just want to take in everyone from '12 to 2k17 and move them into 2k14, along with most of their attires. Again, I'm a complete noob. So if I dedicated two hours, would it be feasible to at least import one superstar with all their attires in a single day? 

I have done pretty much just that plus superstar threads plus a lot of guys from the 90s - 2010s eras. If you are on PS3 and patient enough I might just release it one day. Within the next 6 months I hope.

• 2 years later...