Wrestleminus issue.

TheGrantPerkins

Hey guys, long time lurker etc.

I've been modding wwe2k19 for a while now and have a fun little roster, with updated mods, music names etc, and I am loving everything this community has brought.

Recently, though, I have hit a speed bump with Wrestleminus.

As it stands, my game plays perfectly, with all modded names loading as expected. However, any additional edits are proving impossible. I can edit my string file in wrestleminus, but it does not affect the game any more. I suspect that I am trying to edit an incorrect file as previous edits cannot be found on it, which, if this is the case, where is the file that I have edited previously that the game is currently loading from? Have I deleted it, and if so can I regenerate it?

Does this sound like an issue that has occurred before? Obviously, I could start over with a fresh string file and rename everyone all over again, but I'd much rather solve this little issue.

Can any of you guys offer any suggestions?

Many thanks.

G.

Hey Grant, welcome to the forums! 👋

What i'd suggest is checking your WWE 2K19 directory for a /mods folder and seeing if there's a string or superstring folder within it.

If there is that might be the string file that contains the edits as that takes preference over the original string file contained in the \pac\string\win folder.

If you do another string file within /mods/SuperString/pac/string try opening that file in WrestleMinus to see if it contains your edits.

Thank you for the welcome, I believe we are Twitter buddies.

No, it appears I must have deleted back up files for one reason or another and am left with a file I cannot edit (although as I say, all previous name changes appear saved in the game). Or a back-up file (which although editable is totally vanilla - if I use this file my game resets names, Matthew Rehwoldt becomes Aiden English etc).

Ideally, I guess I need a way to extract the information that must be somewhere in the save data and edit that. I must confess I didn't even notice until I installed a new mod and found that I couldn't prevent them from being called 5DD5, which although better than most NXT names, just looked odd in the game.

The file I edit is, as you say, kept in the mods folder.

It's not a game breaker by any mean, just a tad frustrating.

G.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, TheGrantPerkins said:

Hey guys, long time lurker etc.

I've been modding wwe2k19 for a while now and have a fun little roster, with updated mods, music names etc, and I am loving everything this community has brought.

Recently, though, I have hit a speed bump with Wrestleminus.

As it stands, my game plays perfectly, with all modded names loading as expected. However, any additional edits are proving impossible. I can edit my string file in wrestleminus, but it does not affect the game any more. I suspect that I am trying to edit an incorrect file as previous edits cannot be found on it, which, if this is the case, where is the file that I have edited previously that the game is currently loading from? Have I deleted it, and if so can I regenerate it?

Does this sound like an issue that has occurred before? Obviously, I could start over with a fresh string file and rename everyone all over again, but I'd much rather solve this little issue.

Can any of you guys offer any suggestions?

Many thanks.

G.

Hi, can you regenerate the chunk0.def file in CCT and upload (the chunk0.def file (WWE2K19 folder)

I've tried recently to rename 5dd5 to Bron Breakker, 6F95 to Hook and Maria Kanellis to Maria Bennett, but to no avail.

Edited by TheGrantPerkins

1 hour ago, TheGrantPerkins said:

I've tried recently to rename 5dd5 to Bron Breakker, 6F95 to Hook and Maria Kanellis to Maria Bennett, but to no avail.

Can you upload and send a link to the string_win.pac file you have been trying to edit?

1 hour ago, TheGrantPerkins said:

This is the string I've been trying to edit, although it doesn't appear to marry with what's in my game.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/85m5swoethl1wgi/string_win.pac?dl=0

Hi,

From the looks of it, you must be editing the wrong data blocks in the file.

If you are using ENGLISH LANGUAGE In your game's menu, The 0000 file you need to select is the one I have highlighted. The files below that are for different languages.

9UtF85a.jpg

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

Thanks man. Such a silly mistake, too! Now, if only there was a way to blanket remove all wrestler specific commentary, I'd be a happy bunny. Nothing worse that Michael Cole calling Yokozuna, Stephanie McMahon (that'll get him fired) or Hook, Renee!