SVR4EVER

nikethebike

Hello guys.

Here are some screen shots of what I've been working on during the holidays.

For those of you that have been able to find this deeply hidden classic part of the forum, I present to you what is currently going under the working name of SVR4EVER or SVR4EVERHD...

SVR4EverHD-02.pngSVR4EverHD-03.png

SVR4EverHD-04.png

SVR4EverHD-05.png

SVR4EverHD-06.png

Edited by nikethebike

1 hour ago, Red Rooster said:

Holy shit, long time no see.

Glad to see you are still modding. 

P.S. we can see the pics you have to upload them to a photosharing website like https://postimages.org/

Nice to hear from you too! 😉 I have a few more gray hairs today I guess... 😂

You should be able to see the images if you click them and accept the certificate of the domain they're on. Might move them to a photoshare site but I seem to not be able to edit my posts... The problem of those sites is that content get deleted over time. The SVR PS2 modding scene have suffered heavily from deleted content over the years.

I've been playing and doing a little modding for other games these last years but for some reason I was inspired to boot up SVR again on my new rig after not playing for years. Realized that I still enjoy this one more than the new ones I've played and I don't really watch wrestling anymore so very few of the new characters interest me.

It's just something in the stances and movesets etc that make each character unique in a way that the others never managed. That then made me dig out my svredit code and implement some 06 PAC file support in it (that was on my wish list ten years ago lol). After that I've been experimenting with special builds of PCSX2 to get depth buffer support for shading and that kicked this off.

The plan is for this remaster to have:

- HD textures (the previous PS2 texture size limitations will be no more)

- Improved shading (depth effects etc)

- Added characters

- My realism movesets

- GM popularity to reproduce realistic salaries in GM Mode (yes I've been going through publically published wrestler salaries to do this) etc.

- The plan right now is that the era to cover will be the era on the original game plus some additional wrestlers from around those years that could have been available for a brand in GM mode during that era. This might change. We'll see what happens.

It is PC only and I call the game SVR Remastered or SVR4Ever or SVR4EverHD.

Progress will be depending on the time I will have to work on this when work starts again but I will post some updates. 😊

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some more actual ingame footage. New WrestleMania font. New HD textures for Taker and Cena, SD arena etc, even though all textures like the momentum meter and Lawler jacket has not been converted yet. For those of you familiar with the quality of the default ingame textures, I do think the screen shots give an idea of what is possible.SVR4EverHD-07.pngSVR4EverHD-08.pngSVR4EverHD-09.pngSVR4EverHD-10.png

• Like 1

Here is a comparison screen shot of Goldberg. The right is the original texture, while the left is just an upscaled version of the default HCTP texture.

SVR4EverHD-11.png

Edited by nikethebike

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 5:56 AM, Eudy99 said:

Really excited with this project. 

I'm glad you are. :)

Working more on shading, no real good results to show off yet though. It strikes me that some of the old skin textures from HCTP kind of looks better than the SVR ones colorwise.

Edited by nikethebike

• 2 weeks later...