Issues with name changing & adding new wrestlers

bizzlezx10r

I recently started modding so I apologize for the newbie questions.  I changed a few wrestlers names successfully, but then today when I tried to change Ambrose to Moxley and Bryan to Danielson it wouldn't stick and then i noticed all of the names i changed went back to their default names. However in WrestleMinus it still shows the names i changed it to. 

I'm also having a huge issue with adding new wrestlers. I followed videos online to a tee by importing pac files, movesets and pofo's (clearing and regenerating pac files) and they don't pop up in game either. 

25 minutes ago, Capoveli said:

Sometimes you just have to try it again in wrestlrminus, it's happen to me before too. If that doesn't work, get a pofo for ambrose and bryan and that should change their names.

'Thanks man i'm going to try that. What do you suggest i do with all the other wrestlers who reverted back to default? Do i just keep saving in WrestleMinus and then clearing and regenerating my pac files in CCT?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 3:11 PM, bizzlezx10r said:

'Thanks man i'm going to try that. What do you suggest i do with all the other wrestlers who reverted back to default? Do i just keep saving in WrestleMinus and then clearing and regenerating my pac files in CCT?

You might have two different strings in your directory. 

There's one in the mods folder, the "superstring" and then there's the original string_win.pac that is in the wwe2k19/pac/string folder. 

Make sure you are only using one of them to make your changes. And make sure you delete the .bak file it creates after editing.