Mods and how they're distributed in the wrestling game community

imetral

yeah yeah, i'm sure you've all heard it numerous times before, but what's up with all the paid mods? in p much any other community this kinda shit would be severely looked down on, just look at what happened with that whole paid mods fiasco with Skyrim a few years back. i understand that countless hours of work goes into stuff like this, but locking off tools that perform required functions for modding behind a paywall just seems shitty. especially when certain modders will allow semi-popular youtubers to use their mods for free just because it can get them exposure.

this whole thing especially bothers me when it comes to mods that add in current/former wrestlers. most ppl in this community have a v strong stance against piracy, but it's cool to sell mods that contain copyrighted content?

I'm not here to be argumentative, I'm legitimately curious: can you give examples of required tools that are being locked behind paywalls?

As far as I'm aware, some of the tools to create mods (not mod the game itself) are paid but you shouldn't need to pay for anything aside from the game itself if you're looking to put mods in. If people are selling mods themselves, tools, etc behind a paywall, that's both illegitimate and (in the sense of modding the game) unnecessary.

"Whats up with ALL the paid mods?"         

The only tools that are locked behind a paywall are xpacker and xrey.    Those are only required if you are looking to do some seriously advanced level modding.   You can add mods to your game, sounds, trons,  etc all for free.  there is a large selection of free modding tools that allow people to mod their own characters and do all of that as well at a basic to intermediate level.    There really is no complaint to be had.  I already offered to list the names off all the tools necessary in DM and he left it at read.     This is searching for an issue in the absence of one.   He has 2 total post, this one above being the second overall with zero likes, complaining about 2 programs that are used by elite modders.   This page shouldnt even exist. 

Edited by matt2282p
  • Yes! 1

lmao, the expected response. and ofc nobody addresses any other points i made besides the tools.

yeah, not everything u need is locked behind a paywall but enough is to be quite annoying. especially when it comes to the older games.

• Haha 1

I asked you what tools you were referring to.  I'm not here to argue if that is what your intention is.  Do you need something specific?  I'm offering my help and it's become pretty apparent that it's not a solution you're looking for.   What is it exactly that you need.   You other points are "all the paywall mods"   I'm not aware of any other than that.  I  asked you yesterday and you left it on read.   Do you want a solution or just to be the one who found a problem.  Be honest.  I've made hundreds of mods and can make them all without a paid tool.  Are you on an alt account? 

I mean I did address your problem by asking you to specify exactly what you needed and offered assistance in finding it.  I feel like if you were actually sincer you wouldn't be on an account that hasn't been used but once in 4 years. 

I mean the worst of it is that you're aware of enough things that you, someone who has never contributed a positive thing ever to this community, you are annoyed?!   

You're just some troll on am old burner account who feels the need to be validated online somehow.  

Edited by matt2282p
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, cosmiccryptid said:

I'm not here to be argumentative, I'm legitimately curious: can you give examples of required tools that are being locked behind paywalls?

As far as I'm aware, some of the tools to create mods (not mod the game itself) are paid but you shouldn't need to pay for anything aside from the game itself if you're looking to put mods in. If people are selling mods themselves, tools, etc behind a paywall, that's both illegitimate and (in the sense of modding the game) unnecessary.

for the modern games, yeah, theres plenty of free stuff, i'll admit i'm wrong there. but in the case of the older games (WWE 13 in my case) the free stuff is either lost or outdated. this leaves me with KG's stuff as the only option, which would run me $30 each for a save editor and logo injector, which is quite frankly ridiculous for a game that can be found used for like $15 at most.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 3:55 PM, imetral said:

for the modern games, yeah, theres plenty of free stuff, i'll admit i'm wrong there. but in the case of the older games (WWE 13 in my case) the free stuff is either lost or outdated. this leaves me with KG's stuff as the only option, which would run me $30 each for a save editor and logo injector, which is quite frankly ridiculous for a game that can be found used for like $15 at most.

I dont think you would find many people who would disagree with that but KG isnt part of this community so theres not much point in complaining about it here.

Unfortunately if you are wanting content for an 8+ year old game then lots of the links will be dead and the creators no longer contactable, people move on, sometimes you have to just accept that you missed the boat.

Edit: One other thing I would add is tools like Tekken57's Xpacker & Xrey are still available and supported by the creator and without those tools modding last gen WWE games would not even exist.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Yes! 2

Yeah all that nonsense was just for the sake of claiming that this community is just overrun with paid apps and everything.   Thats why i said something about it.   When you boil it down its about some old ass game that people arent still around 9 years later keeping links updated.   And some person selling a tool that isnt even a part of this community.   Its amazing that someone would come out of the woodwork exclaiming such a pile of garbage and nonsense, and for what?  Ill tell you why, because he has nothing to contribute and wants to be validated for nothing at all.  A compulsive liar too.  1 post from a 3 year membership,  talking about a 9 year old game.  Come on Man!  I cant stand people like that.   Why dont you update and maintain tools for 2k13 a game that absolutely zero people pIay.  You want that job?  I usually dont waste comments like this but people like that need to be called out.   Im sure he thought it was cool to just spew some dogshit and then everyone is just going to accept it.    Not here pal.  

Edited by matt2282p
  • Like 1