Hello, question for the modding community

brodbeckchris

Hi there, my names Chris, been a member here for some time but didn't really get into the WWE2K games for quite awhile and so I wasn't around much.

First of all thanks to all the content creators, for your hard work, I've looked around here for the last couple of days and many of the mods out here are absolutely amazing! How some of you people are not hired as coders and/or artists is beyond me. Thanks for everything, I know modding is often a thankless job with no financial gain, simply driven by the love and passion for the game and content you are working on and its simply mindblowing how much great art has been created for this game over the years as far as I can tell from looking up mods for the past couple of days.

With that said, here's my (longwinded) question: So I come from the NBA2K community, my active modding days are long past (around 2010-14 ish) but I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember. For the last 2 years I've been gratually getting back into wrestling thanks to AEW, I really enjoy their product. I bought 2K19 on a sale sometime last year, never really touched it until now. I found this awesome spreadsheed by iHAidan pointing to many available AEW mods and I've been trying to convert as much of the game into a full AEW save, and dont get me wrong there is A LOT of great stuff still available, from arenas, gfx, themes, renders, models, nameplates, belts etc ect. Absolutely mindblowing. I've been able to make pretty good progress modding the game for the last couple of days, but I just couldn't help but wonder about some of the things I read and saw in some of the threads around here.

Many threads are locked, creators retired, mods deleted. I'm sure there's good reason for that, and I'm not trying to judge anything especially just having been around reading for a couple of days, but it just seems that content is spread out far and wide and everything is semi hard to find. Is that by design? As a modding community, woulnd't it be far more efficial to work as a unit and collecting assets together, for example providing stuff like pofo/moveset/model/gfx/render in one post in form of a project of multiple people instead of working on everything alone? Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for an "easy" access nor am I not willing to take the time to look everything up by myself, thats totally fine, I was just wondering from your guys's perspective.

In the NBA2K community theres both: people who provide art files like faces, textures etc. and people who work in groups, often using those assets, with permission offcourse, to create packs or conversions and stuff. Also, using the NBA as a reference, everytime a player has a new haircut, a new jersey is released, it takes mearly hours, 2-3 days max before somebody creates it and makes it available. That doesnt seem to be a thing for WWE2K19 at the moment, provided that pro-wrestling is like made for this given the always changing looks and gear of people. Theres like no "Roman Rains" thread or "updated models of the week/month/" thread where people can use assets to create the latest gear, then post it and the thread gets updated for example.

In my opinion this is kind of a bummer, given that there is so much great stuff around and sooooo many talented and driven people are making mods here. I dont have all the names down yet, so please dont be mad, but theres an amazing 80s-90s arenas thread, another one with legends from that era, and currently the Howard Finkel announcer mod is set to release a commentary overhaul. To me that just SCREAMS "put this together and make a 80s supersave"? At least some form of sinergy where this content is easier to access together? I dont mean streamlining for casuals or a comp save download necessarely. It just seems everyone is "ONLY" working on their own stuff without there beeing a collective effort to put these works together in some form. Which is totally fine btw, but there could be both, maybe?

Same goes for the AEW stuff. There are arenas, belts, custom nameplate animations, even a menu overhaul out, but nobody seems to have the incentive to put all of it together? I'm not sure, maybe many around are just not interested in AEW mods? Again, not trying to be a dick, and thankful for all the free, custom, amazing content thats available, but it bogles my mind that within a lifespan of 3+ years, there are mostly 1 to maybe 2 attires/models available for most of their main eventers, often none for mid/lower card and tag team wrestlers, literally no managers with the exception of Don Callis who was released in september this year. I'm just wondering why that is. Is it a lack of interest in AEW in general? Is there no demand for it? Or is the game on its last legs and everybody is waiting for the next game?

I hope I don't come off as a dick, its certainly not my intention. If my wording comes off as demanding, I apologise, I know how much it sucks when you spend your free time creating and providing content free of charge only to have people demand more/something else and beeing critical without even the slightest bit of knowledge of how much time and effort goes into making anything.

I'm just curious about your guys's opinions, especially about the "lack" of big projects and group efforts when there are so many possibilities given the rich history of wrestling companies/eras etc.

Again, thanks for all the great content. I hope to stick around and maybe get back into modding, I'm into AEW that much right now, got the tools set up and reading through your guys tutorials.

Have a nice day

it cant be put all together for the masses. the issue lies within the save file, and how the addition of characters is handled. there are plenty of mods out there that could turn your game into whatever company/era you want. but the thing is, each character will have to be installed individually. gamesave files dont work on different accounts.