Uninstalling and Reinstalling a modded Wrestler

Ace_Hunt82

Hey there,

I have a Problem regarding uninstalling and reinstalling a Mod. I have backed Up my current Game and Save folder. This is the current Era with WWE and AEW. Now I wanted to make a new Game with the Golden era. I deleted the Game in the Steam folder and put my Vanilla files in. So the Game was back without any Mods.

Now I installed the Ported Moves and Entrances, the Wrestlefest Menu Mod, the Eras Mod and changed a few Themes in Sound Editor. Clear and Regenerate Chunk and started the game. Now I see the Names of my formerly injected mods. For an Example, I put Tanahashi from my Current Era Save in Hulk Hogans Slot So I injected Hulks CH files and put in a Render. Again, cleared and regenerated. Tha Game starts and I go to my WWE and selected a CAW at the top. Now I injected hulks pofo and moveset via cct. Changed the Crowd Reaction and saved everything. I went out of My WWE and back in and there was noch Hulk Hogan. Instead Tanahashi looked like Hogan. I tried another Hogan pofo and moveset and still nothing changed. So I uninstalled another mod via CCT, closed the game and tried to install a completely new one in the mod slot I just uninstalled. I also imported an moveset and pofo when the game was running again but now the slot seems to be gone. What am I doing wrong and can somebody help me?

37 minutes ago, Ace_Hunt82 said:

Now I see the Names of my formerly injected mods.

This happened to me when I started from "fresh." I did the same thing, backed up everything and boom. I saw names and old string from my old version of my modded game. 

From what I can tell, it has to do with the saved game file. I read this page here and tried to figure out what went wrong : https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_Mods#Backup_your_Game_Directory 

"

Restore original Game Files via verify the Integrity of Game Files via Steam

In case you've forgotten to backup your game directory, you can always open Steam, right-click on the game, click Properties, then click Local Files and Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will tell Steam to check your files and replace any files that are corrupted or changed from the original files with the original ones that Steam will re-download. Note that any modded files that aren't in the \mods\ folder will be replaced, so backup any modified files from the \sounds, \movies\titantron\ and other folders you may have had modified files in that you wish to keep first. Once again note that this will not affect any files inside the \mods\ folder, they are safe and you will be able to continue to use those. All you'll have to do is Clear the Chunk0.arc file and Regenerate the Chunk0.def file via CCT again after Steam is done verifying the game files. If you don't do this, the game will run in it's original state without mods instead, which may be good for testing any stability issues, etc. (do realize, however, that any mods you applied to your save game, like .pofo, .moveset, .team_info files etc. will still be there, however, but the game may crash when accessing the .pac files associated with them)." 

I think that last part I bolded, is what went wrong with mine. Somehow, something got saved, when I tried to start fresh. I just gave up and started from that point to fix some issues I was having. But, was really annoying to see names of characters I had. Some were grayed out, some were completely unplayable, of course because there were no mods. *shrugs* 

I hope you get an answer. 

Thank You for your answer.

Yes it helped. I already verified the Integrity of the Game Files yesterday but forgot to mention it. So I went the other way. I didn`t know it was because of my Savegame. I deleted that one and now the names are gone and the Mods like Menu, Eras, Imported moves an Entrances are still there and working. Now I`ll start and try to Mod the new Wrestlers in from scratch but it seems to work now.

• Like 1