How do I edit the initposition.pac?

nwofan4life

Hey everyone! I want to use BLXCKHEART's new NXT 2.0 arena on PWmods NXT 2.0 

In the instructions, there is a photo of the initposition and what should be edited. 

I found the pac file in pac/prop/propdata

Do I open this in HxD? Or with Wrestleminus? 

I tried using pac editor...But, I can't find an "8A' string anywhere. How do I know which offset to edit? 

If it's in Wrestleminus, do I click on "weap pos view" or something else? 

LOL HELP!

• Like 1

Good question, my bet would be to open it with HxD. I took a look at the picture and it makes sense. Now, I have not installed this arena. sometimes I would make a copy of the file and play with it with these programs. It might as well help me to discover something I didn't know. 

Another option would be to ask the modder directly. Check his twitter or any other platform he has, most people would help you specially if it is related to their mods.

Edited by LexRed

56 minutes ago, LexRed said:

Good question, my bet would be to open it with HxD. I took a look at the picture and it makes sense. Now, I have not installed this arena. sometimes I would make a copy of the file and play with it with these programs. It might as well help me to discover something I didn't know. 

Another option would be to ask the modder directly. Check his twitter or any other platform he has, most people would help you specially if it is related to their mods.

I opened the file in both programs, HxD and in Wrestleminus. I just don't understand or know how to actually edit it. In HXD, I'm trying to look for the string in question, in the pic...But, I can't find it. All I know is that I am trying to modify it for the 138 arena, as per the instructions. But, don't know where to look for it. 

In Wrestleminus, it's like...I see the section for 138, but looks NOTHING like the picture. So, I figured it has be in hxd somewhere. Ugh. 

As for tweeting them...I did. Last night. No response, or even on his mod page from another commenter. 

*shrugs* 

That's the exact same thing happening to me and it's not simple like REVONIKO's instructions which has been on point and step by step ;) !
I don't know where to begin,  i go to Wrestleminus, Pac, prop, propdata, initposition.pac, underneath there's a 16 digit numbers and letters then underneath that there are 5 more starting with W's and numbers, I checked one by one and  I only see on the tab a Hex view (which looks promising to add or find the number to edit and replace) and a Hex view which is complicated  I tried both WrestleMINUS and HexD and nothing and I don't want to start the game and mess it up! :/

• Yes! 1

I'm having the same EXACT issue! 

I have the darn file open. I tried both HxD and Wrestleminus. In Hex, I thought it would be something simple like looking for a string to replace like the soundp30 file. But, I scroll and scroll and there is no "8A" string with 16 characters. 

I open Wrestleminus, and I can see the exact same string as in the picture...But you can't edit it. Then, I see the 5 W's. Click on the first one, it says "arena"...But, looks nothing like the picture provided. 

Hmm...

• Yes! 1

I figured out that they say you have to install a Backlash 01 Arena made by ABHILASHBMWABHI 
at the prowrestling mod io site and it's titled 2K15-2K18 ARENA PORT
Now I have a problem! Why in the world the author has to make an NXT 2.0 To replace ABHILASHBMWABHI's Backlash 01 instead of having it vanilla version ready to replace the default nxt show? No freakin' wonder I could't find the 8A or the mentioned 138 arena and I am not installing Backlash to replace it again because ABHILASHBMWABHI Didn't separate the arenas they're all in the pac folder already and don't want to add the whole folder and replace other arenas and start a conflict in the game! SMH!! 😔😒🙄 

Edited by CrimsonRed

Okay, so like I have the Abhilashbmwabhi arena's installed. All the graphics pacs. Everything is working. 

I even did the Raw 21 arena, which works. I have AEW Dynamite. Graphics packs an all. I even have the new Rampage 21. 

But, I guess maybe I just copy/pasted the initposition.pac that came with those? 

I have it in my pac/prop/propdata section. When I open it in hex...I see all the string. I know that in hex 138 is 8A 00. 

So, I look and look and look. I don't see it. I know I have the arena, because I have Backlash 01 

The heck am I doing wrong here? LOL

The only thing I can find in the help pages is this: 

"Announcer Table Areas

Different arenas have different announce table and ringside seating arrangements. Some arenas don't have announce tables at all. But how can we remedy this? The table placement is controlled by the initposition.pac file in the /pac/prop/propdata folder. Specifically it is controlled by the WPAR file inside of the initposition.pac.

There are 70 entries in the WPAR file. Each entry corresponds to a different arena and has 3 key bytes (each separated by 00 spacers) and starts with an ID/slot byte (ex: the first byte of the SDLIVE slot is 00, the first of the RAW slot is 01, etc etc). By changing these key bytes you can alter the table positioning or remove it entirely.

But when you do this you will often bork the barricade physics. To remedy this you need your arentrance file to have the collision data files from an arentrance that has the configuration you would like. You also need to set the proper barricade in the arena misc, and set the proper barricade geo in the 02 STG file." 

And, now...my brain hurts :(

holy crap...I think I found it? 

I open the initposition.pac with pac editor. 
I then extracted the 0000.wpar file. 

You can open that file in hex...Boom! I see the 8A 00 string! 

I'll edit it like the pic and inject it back in. See how that works! 

• Woo 1

5 hours ago, mattfick said:

if you check out the pwm discord, i have a writeup on that file there

Thank you for the reply!
I joined the discord pwm I just need to make those files from nxt 2.0 to replace the original nxt and not the Backlash 01 Arena made by ABHILASHBMWABHI
because I have already tons of arenas and the only replacement I want to do is the nXt Capitol Wrestling Center and turn it to nXt 2.0 to continue universe mode! Thanks in advance 

6 hours ago, CuddlyCorey said:

Okay, so like I have the Abhilashbmwabhi arena's installed. All the graphics pacs. Everything is working. 

I even did the Raw 21 arena, which works. I have AEW Dynamite. Graphics packs an all. I even have the new Rampage 21. 

But, I guess maybe I just copy/pasted the initposition.pac that came with those? 

I have it in my pac/prop/propdata section. When I open it in hex...I see all the string. I know that in hex 138 is 8A 00. 

So, I look and look and look. I don't see it. I know I have the arena, because I have Backlash 01 

The heck am I doing wrong here? LOL

The only thing I can find in the help pages is this: 

"Announcer Table Areas

Different arenas have different announce table and ringside seating arrangements. Some arenas don't have announce tables at all. But how can we remedy this? The table placement is controlled by the initposition.pac file in the /pac/prop/propdata folder. Specifically it is controlled by the WPAR file inside of the initposition.pac.

There are 70 entries in the WPAR file. Each entry corresponds to a different arena and has 3 key bytes (each separated by 00 spacers) and starts with an ID/slot byte (ex: the first byte of the SDLIVE slot is 00, the first of the RAW slot is 01, etc etc). By changing these key bytes you can alter the table positioning or remove it entirely.

But when you do this you will often bork the barricade physics. To remedy this you need your arentrance file to have the collision data files from an arentrance that has the configuration you would like. You also need to set the proper barricade in the arena misc, and set the proper barricade geo in the 02 STG file." 

And, now...my brain hurts :(

holy crap...I think I found it? 

I open the initposition.pac with pac editor. 
I then extracted the 0000.wpar file. 

You can open that file in hex...Boom! I see the 8A 00 string! 

I'll edit it like the pic and inject it back in. See how that works! 

I think you had to Clear Chunk and Regenerate in order to make the 8A string show up but because I don't want to replace my tons of data with the forementioned Backlash 01 and the other arenas that come with the package I would have done it as well, I just need the files as original to repace my already moded Capitol Wrestling Arena into 2.0 so I can continue the Universe Mode!

7 minutes ago, CrimsonRed said:

I think you had to Clear Chunk and Regenerate in order to make the 8A string show up but because I don't want to replace my tons of data with the forementioned Backlash 01 and the other arenas that come with the package I would have done it as well, I just need the files as original to repace my already moded Capitol Wrestling Arena into 2.0 so I can continue the Universe Mode!

I actually figured out the initposition.pac thing all by myself! LOL 

You open it in pac editor, extract the .wpar file. THEN, you can edit that file in HxD and then inject it back into the .pac after the changes. 

So, that I have figured out. 

9 minutes ago, CrimsonRed said:

I just need the files as original to repace my already moded Capitol Wrestling Arena into 2.0 so I can continue the Universe Mode!

Also, just download the NXT 2.0 arena first. 

Don't worry about the init or the misc files right now. 

Then, go to this channel: 

Follow this STEP BY STEP! I did it, and replaced my original NXT arena with the new one. And it works for create-a-show! :)

The only problem I'm having, is that when I close the game for whatever reason (smoke, pee, whatever)...I start the game up and some of the GFX like the "etc" part of the create a show, doesn't show the new graphics. SO, I restart the game...and then, boom. There they are. It's like 50/50 that they will be there or not. 

I"m thinking the game isn't reading something right. All the pacs have been updated, and I go into the main directory just to check them all. They are all updated. But, sometimes they are in game, sometimes they aren't. (shrugs) 

• Too Sweet 1

8 minutes ago, CuddlyCorey said:

I actually figured out the initposition.pac thing all by myself! LOL 

You open it in pac editor, extract the .wpar file. THEN, you can edit that file in HxD and then inject it back into the .pac after the changes. 

So, that I have figured out. 

Also, just download the NXT 2.0 arena first. 

Don't worry about the init or the misc files right now. 

Then, go to this channel: 

Follow this STEP BY STEP! I did it, and replaced my original NXT arena with the new one. And it works for create-a-show! :)

The only problem I'm having, is that when I close the game for whatever reason (smoke, pee, whatever)...I start the game up and some of the GFX like the "etc" part of the create a show, doesn't show the new graphics. SO, I restart the game...and then, boom. There they are. It's like 50/50 that they will be there or not. 

I"m thinking the game isn't reading something right. All the pacs have been updated, and I go into the main directory just to check them all. They are all updated. But, sometimes they are in game, sometimes they aren't. (shrugs) 

Thank you so much!! I'm going to save this tutorial for tomorrow as soon my brain cools off 
of today's crazy day lol! I'll reply as soon it works! Can't wait to try it already 🤣

• Glorious 1

5 hours ago, CuddlyCorey said:

your issue is happening because you have 2 different gfx files pointing to the same locations.

most (nearly ALL) arena mods require the installation of the unpacked gfx mod to be installed. 

either A: you dont have it installed.

or B: you have it installed but didnt follow all the steps in the install instructions.

Edited by mattfick

Good morning! Now that I started comparing the files between NXT CWC vs 2.0 the 2.0 is incomplete! The matchcard is not formated (pac/menu/win/assets) wwe19_anime is missing and that's where match_up folder goes and inside it should be the file "ltag_002_nxt_2017_win.pac" and you need to inject that and I think that is the folder that says matchcard (do not copy) and NXT 2.0 Matchcard BG.bk2 is not injected, the movie intro is not made either you have to do that as well and so the music, the only folder extra that 2.0 have in Pac/Arena is the commentaryst folder.

Here's the NXT intro v2 in case you want to add! Best of luck, for me that's a lot of work and I'll wait if someone release a full version and if not then oh well!

10 hours ago, CuddlyCorey said:

Should I then, redownload and re-install? Thank you for your response. 

no, just delete the files it tells you to delete. install instructions are included for a reason. not everything is drag/drop or copy/paste

20 minutes ago, mattfick said:

no, just delete the files it tells you to delete. install instructions are included for a reason. not everything is drag/drop or copy/paste

I deleted those itag files the first time I installed the Unpacked Arena graphics. I didn't save them. Just deleted them. Just checked and made sure they aren't anywhere in my WWE 2K19 folder. 

17 hours ago, CrimsonRed said:

Good morning! Now that I started comparing the files between NXT CWC vs 2.0 the 2.0 is incomplete! The matchcard is not formated (pac/menu/win/assets) wwe19_anime is missing and that's where match_up folder goes and inside it should be the file "ltag_002_nxt_2017_win.pac" and you need to inject that and I think that is the folder that says matchcard (do not copy) and NXT 2.0 Matchcard BG.bk2 is not injected, the movie intro is not made either you have to do that as well and so the music, the only folder extra that 2.0 have in Pac/Arena is the commentaryst folder.

Here's the NXT intro v2 in case you want to add! Best of luck, for me that's a lot of work and I'll wait if someone release a full version and if not then oh well!

If anyone wants the new NXT intro I encoded it to bk2 ready for injection.

https://rapidshare.io/2CMa/NXT2point0Intro.zip 

On 10/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, CrimsonRed said:

Hi,

The reason it's like that is because NXT 2.0 is assigned to an added slot. Added slots do not have ltag match-ups like the regular in-game match up screens do. the matchcard(do not copy) folder includes 2 dds' and a BK2 because most arenas on PWM have match card backgrounds and foregrounds that you have inject over a create a show match card slot and assign to the arena slot. The Bk2 is there for if you want to reassign the arena to NXT's slot then you can inject the BK2 into the base NXT ltag. Here's a tutorial for how to assign the create a show match cards correctly to arena slots.

Sorry all for the confusion

Hi all!

Just released an update for NXT 2.0 that replaces the base NXT slot

You will still have to make edits in misc01, misc04 and initposition.

Please message me with any issues!!

Easiest way to contact me is on Discord - GTS#1186 .. Not Twitter and if you do contact me on Twitter, please tag me

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:14 PM, Blxckheart_GTS said:

Hi all!

Just released an update for NXT 2.0 that replaces the base NXT slot

You will still have to make edits in misc01, misc04 and initposition.

Please message me with any issues!!

Easiest way to contact me is on Discord - GTS#1186 .. Not Twitter and if you do contact me on Twitter, please tag me

Thank you so much and sorry for all the confusion and that you had to do all that over again! The moment I make it work and post a video you'll definitely be credited for all that hard work!
Once again a huge thank you!

On 10/11/2021 at 4:19 AM, Smacktalks said:

If anyone wants the new NXT intro I encoded it to bk2 ready for injection.

https://rapidshare.io/2CMa/NXT2point0Intro.zip 

Thank You! I'll add it onto the game and as soon I upload the gameplay on YouTube I'll credit you as well! 

On 10/10/2021 at 5:46 AM, mattfick said:

your issue is happening because you have 2 different gfx files pointing to the same locations.

most (nearly ALL) arena mods require the installation of the unpacked gfx mod to be installed. 

either A: you dont have it installed.

or B: you have it installed but didnt follow all the steps in the install instructions.

No worries, it all got fixed by Blxckheart_GTS and made the replace pac folder version for the NXT Base slot
I very thankful that there are awesome folks on the community that replied and took their time to fix the matter 
@Blxckheart_GTS RESPECT!respect.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 11:44 PM, CrimsonRed said:

One more thing by the way! I wonder why the comments on PWM.io got disabled . . . . . :huh:
futurama-sospecha.gif

Is this comment really necessary? I explained it on my twitter as to why I'll be disabling comments for now on. Because people don't need to run to my comment section to ask for help or complain about why their game won't work with the arena. If people need help, hmu on Twitter or Discord and i'll help the best I can.

And please tell me for the love of god that you didn't leave the comment on my CWC arena saying "Bro!!!! You did this awesome mod which by the way I used and replaced the base files easily, and you couldn't do it the same way with 2.0? Are you kidding me?!!!! :rolleyes: thanks for the "help" on discord but I not in an age when diabetes waits for no one so if I wasn't wanted in a group I was invited then I'll simply leave! But thanks anyway!"

A comment like that is seriously unnecessary dude. Comments like that are why my comments will be disabled for now on.