Porting 2k19 Mods to 2k20

rjhelms84

Are there many problems with doing this? There are so many high-quality character mods for 2k19 that I'm surprised we aren't seeing them being ported over to 2k20,
since we do have methods of importing custom models now. I'm wondering if there are issues with doing it, or is there just a general lack of interest on the modders end.

1 hour ago, rjhelms84 said:

Are there many problems with doing this? There are so many high-quality character mods for 2k19 that I'm surprised we aren't seeing them being ported over to 2k20,
since we do have methods of importing custom models now. I'm wondering if there are issues with doing it, or is there just a general lack of interest on the modders end.

Hi, 

2k20 uses a different format for character model files, so you just can't take a 2k19 pac file or any pac file and inject it into 2k20. The second issue with mods is we haven't found a way to add characters to unused slots or as alternate attires , which means a default character ingame will have to be replaced to add a mod to the game.