Removing modded data from SAVEDATA file

jd24

Hi,

Is there a way to completely remove all modded related data from a savedata file. 

I have used CCT to uninstall mods from the superstar section where I added the mods and then made the game save to keep the changes but every time I re-load the game I still get the ghost (non-rendered) superstars showing up at the bottom of the superstar selection screen.

The reason I need to remove this data is because when I try to download anything from the community server I get the error message this file is damaged. And from searching this forum I've found out that its because of a damaged file or mod in my save file. I have tried to revert to older saves but the mods are still present in those files.

image https://ibb.co/LRjS2vT

regards

16 minutes ago, jd24 said:

Hi,

Is there a way to completely remove all modded related data from a savedata file. 

I have used CCT to uninstall mods from the superstar section where I added the mods and then made the game save to keep the changes but every time I re-load the game I still get the ghost (non-rendered) superstars showing up at the bottom of the superstar selection screen.

The reason I need to remove this data is because when I try to download anything from the community server I get the error message this file is damaged. And from searching this forum I've found out that its because of a damaged file or mod in my save file. I have tried to revert to older saves but the mods are still present in those files.

image https://ibb.co/LRjS2vT

regards

Hey, the reason is you have too much logos in game, and you're over the limit. That's why a download caw, or arena in the community creation is called "corrupted".

You should try to reduce, or remove unused logos in game, or even some superstars, arenas, belts, that you can replace with mods.

for your image it seems that your superstars have no pofos, did you try to inject them directly via CCT to make them appear?
It also happens to me when I change the place of a mod, as there is twice the same pofo, one of the two superstars disappears or is blanck.

For the renders technically they are stored in the main 2k19 folder, subfolder Mods, CCT, Renders, pac >....> win
What I usually do to avoid duplicates, I cut this file "win" and paste it in the appropriate menu in the main 2k19 folder.

1 hour ago, BlackBen83 said:

Hey, the reason is you have too much logos in game, and you're over the limit. That's why a download caw, or arena in the community creation is called "corrupted".

You should try to reduce, or remove unused logos in game, or even some superstars, arenas, belts, that you can replace with mods.

for your image it seems that your superstars have no pofos, did you try to inject them directly via CCT to make them appear?
It also happens to me when I change the place of a mod, as there is twice the same pofo, one of the two superstars disappears or is blanck.

For the renders technically they are stored in the main 2k19 folder, subfolder Mods, CCT, Renders, pac >....> win
What I usually do to avoid duplicates, I cut this file "win" and paste it in the appropriate menu in the main 2k19 folder.

Hey Ben

thanks for getting back so quick,

Because the game said I still had quite a few CAW/images spaces left I didnt think that was the issue. But I will delete all my unused downloads as the next step.

Regarding the superstars I don't want to reinstall them back just yet. I did previously have them installed correctly (pofos, renders etc) but as I want to remove them completely I clicked the uninstall button from within the CCT tool and then deleted the mods folder as an attempt to get back a near enough vanilla version of the game.

But that obviously didn't remove every single trace of them so not sure if I've uninstalled them correctly?

• Like 1

@jd24 Okay, normally, you have a basic capacity of a little more than 200MB of image storage. That's often why when you reach that point, you can't upload to the Community Creations tool anymore.

Otherwise I confess that I have never uninstalled / deleted mods like you did.
The only thing to do, well I personally prefer, is to delete the .pac in the main folder of 2k19, subfolder mods, CCT, ch.

Then you just have to lock them with CCT by right clicking on the name of the slots when the game is running. I think that uninstalling them can crash some functions of CCT. But once you lock them, you won't see them in game anymore. Unless of course you unlock them again.

Edited by BlackBen83

1 hour ago, BlackBen83 said:

@jd24 Okay, normally, you have a basic capacity of a little more than 200MB of image storage. That's often why when you reach that point, you can't upload to the Community Creations tool anymore.

Otherwise I confess that I have never uninstalled / deleted mods like you did.
The only thing to do, well I personally prefer, is to delete the .pac in the main folder of 2k19, subfolder mods, CCT, ch.

Then you just have to lock them with CCT by right clicking on the name of the slots when the game is running. I think that uninstalling them can crash some functions of CCT. But once you lock them, you won't see them in game anymore. Unless of course you unlock them again.

thanks @BlackBen83,

I deleted all unused images and other content but unfortunately that hasn't work

As for your 2nd option just to confirm. I should delete the games vanilla pac \SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\WWE 2K19\pac (i will make a backup). The mods and subfolders have already been deleted. 

I'll try this but I had actually uninstalled then reinstalled the game via steam the other day which didn't work

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

You'll likely have to delete your save and start from scratch, unless you have save game backups from before the corruption occured. Check the Backup Save wiki entry for information on how to do that.

Yeah seems likely. Rookie mistake thought I backed up my main save file but only backed up the chunk.

What's odd is that the game won't even let me delete any unused images using the deletion utility. It starts processing but the images are still there. I even tried one at a time.

thanks for your help anyway guys