WWE 2K22 - All Confirmed Information (Roster, Arenas Trailers & Behind The Scenes Footage)

Smacktalks

This topic is to keep track of everything that has been announced for WWE 2K22.

WWE 2K22

Tagline: "It Hits Different!"

Systems (Expected): PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC/Steam
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports
Release Date: March 2022

WWE 2K22 Roster

The following Superstars are officially confirmed:

Bayley
Bobby Lashley
Booker T
Carmella
Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Finn Balor
Goldberg
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Rhea Ripley
Ric Flair
Ricochet
Roman Reigns
Sheamus
Shelton Benjamin
Shinsuke Nakamura
The Miz

WWE 2K22 Arenas

The following arenas are officially confirmed:

RAW
Smackdown

Official Trailers

WWE 2K22 Wrestlemania Teaser Trailer

WWE 2K22 SummerSlam Trailer

WWE 2K Dev / Behind The Scenes Footage

WWE 2K Dev Diaries Announcement

Behind The Scenes - Building A WWE Superstars Entrance

Behind The Scenes - Facial Scanning

Behind The Scenes - MoCap

Behind The Scenes - Entrance Animations

Topic last updated: 1st September, 2021

• 4 months later...
On 1/23/2022 at 8:14 AM, royalx said:

Kurt Angle's current contract with TNA expires this August. In recent months, Angle was not really vocal about his former organization WWE like he used to be in the first few months when he left it. In certain occasions, he even expressed his desire to leave TNA.

What century you living in, bro? Kurt Angle hasn't been contracted by TNA in years. 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:25 PM, dokoham said:

This would not be surprising considering the NBA games have followed this same trend.  I don't expect there to be a lot of difference in the games other than maybe slightly higher visuals on next gen and quicker load times. Some of this can be fixed by mods.  If the game is even moddable. Look how long it took to get there in 2k20? By the time people could do it, they just basically gave up.  No plans to remove my 2k19 either way. 

I really can't decide if it's going to be worth it. Alot of money just to play as the nwo and last time we got burned with a unplayable crappy game. Not really liking how wcw Rey is a ps5/ x series exclusive.

What happens if this game is a repeat of 2k20? 

Edited by steven1977
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steven1977 said:

I really can't decide if it's going to be worth it. Alot of money just to play as the nwo and last time we got burned with a unplayable crappy game. Not really liking how wcw Rey is a ps5/ x series exclusive.

What happens if this game is a repeat of 2k20? 

Personally, I feel like it will be better. My biggest concern is that they will make it near impossible to mod like they did 2k20.  That really burned me. Now I've got 2k19 modded to a near perfect roster. It will be hard to sell some of us on the upgrade. At least at full price.  Maybe over the next month, they will drop some info that really sells on it. I noticed they said cross platform CAS. Could be cool if they intend on making a PC creation studio so people can upload them like mods (I.E how Skyrim and others are doing it). 

I likely won't get the game unless it turns out to be good, not buggy, easily moddable and heavily discounted (unless I can find a sponsor for the nWo Edition pre-order). Especially if the PC version is inferior to the Xbox Series X/Playstation 5 versions and won't have things like 5 on 5 matches.
There's really no excuse to not have the best version on the PC, as porting games from a PS5 and especially Series X is easier than ever before, since they are both basically modern PCs and the Xbox Series even runs on a modified version of Windows and DirectX.

Although I could theoretically get it on my Xbox Series X as well, it still seems way too expensive and I wouldn't have all that much fun if I still wouldn't be able to at the very least add custom entrance music.

It's too bad there won't be a Switch OLED version either, I'd have liked to see a good WWE 2kXX port for it that actually performs well. Maybe there'll be a good discount for the PC version once the Steam Deck is out, or I'll just stick with WWE 2k19 instead.

• Like 2

A new Wwe 2k22 trailer has dropped today about a couple of hours ago showing off some news bits a pieces including some match types such as back stage brawl and steel cage as well as some members of the roster which are as follows. First up is Humberto of Los Lorithos who can be seen in a down on mat back first position as it looks like Rey Mysterio has just delivered the 619 and going for the splash of the ropes. Next up is one who i don't know if she's been included or not and thats Charlotte Flair as she makes her entrance. Next is one of the usos my guess its Jey as he does an uso splash into the corner of the smackdown ring to Xavier Woods. It looks like along with Jey will of course be Jimmy as there is an uso chant involved so it maybe confusing as to which Uso is chanting and which one corner splashes Xavier Woods. The next superstar that might be new is Sami Zayn as there is a match between him and Ricochet with Ricochet delivering a flip kick move to Zayn. The final star for now is Damien Preist as he can be seen grabbing a ladder from under the ring at smackdown and then going on to hit Sheamus with it. Other then the new stars we get other moments like Rhea Ripley throwing Alexa Bliss out of the ring and through a table which is recently seen during the 50 days to launch trailer between The Miz who slams Seth Rollins through a table outside the ring too. We also get Kevin Owens and Big E battling in a steel cage match, Drew Mcintyre and Bobby Lashley in a backstage brawl and Brock Lesnar and Undertaker making entrances along with a few entrance shots of Rey Mysterio and Sasha Banks. Thats most of the who trailer covered which also sees what looks to be a very great shot of the battle between Eddie Guerrero and Mysterio at Wrestlemania 21 in i think real life form but it has been announced as one of the mysterio showcase match this year. One more shot of Mysterio can is a ladder match moment between him and Aj Styles where Rey does the Ladder match Neckbreaker Finisher to Aj. Thats it guys and I would like to properly introduce myself as Wwe Striker 360. If you have any predictions of the roster members you wanna see in the game or favourite things you are gonna do when the game comes out let me know because I will like to hear what you reactions are. I'm also on here till the release of the game on March 11th so hope to hear from you all soon and I'm getting excited for the game coming out. Enjoy the Royal rumble 2022 and have a good day. 

As a fan of new superstars when they debut in Wwe Games each year i go through the best of the newest line ups when each game is released wherever it would be Mark Andrews in 2k20, Liv Morgan in 2k19, former Wwe star TJP back in 2k18 or even Tyson Kidd back in Smackdown v raw 2011 every superstar is a new test of abilities such as finishers and taunts. But that will not stop me from even enjoying the following 10 superstars when 2k22 comes out in March on the 11th. Here is part 1 of the list. 

Number 1 - Dominik Mysterio - He should be a lot of fun to play as his dad, focus of the showcase and cover star Rey has been since the very first Smackdown v Raw game. Much like his dad Dominik has been a big part of Wwe along other family members including his uncle Eddie Guerrero, sister Aalyah Mysterio and mum Angie mysterio. The big ladder matcg storyline for custody of dominik between Eddie and Rey kicked off this young stars carrer and sin e then winning tag team gold with his dad and his rivalries with Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy have shown why Dominik has been brilliant in Wwe. 

Number 2 - Joaquin Wilde - Hopefully alongside the other reps of Legardo Del Fantasma if announced Wilde will be a superstar to play as going back to his days a DJ Z in Impact Wilde has experienced his first tag team gold winning the impact tag titles with Andrew Everett while under DJ Z back then. But Wilde has yet to grab championship glory in Wwe and come 2k22 fans can turn his real life golden hunger into a game changer. 

Number 3 - Kay Lee Ray - Longest reigning Nxt Uk women's champion Kay Lee Ray has been announced for the 2k22 line up and its no surprise to us all. Her history in Nxt Uk combined with Talent as well as her long time reigning as the Nxt Uk Women’s Champion has given her hope and a successful outcome to make it into 2k22 so if you have the shots called right will KLR be Raw or Smackdown. 

Number 4 - Raquel Gonzalez - Her dominating time on Nxt has been huge in a monstrous was. To me Gonzalez reminds me of a women's version of The Great Khali with her brute strength, natural power and Forcefield styled Impact towards her Opposite side across the ring Raquel Gonzalez can even match the power of the likes of Kane, Chris Masters, Big Daddy V, Mark Henry, Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov just to name a few of Wwe's powerful names and 2k22 can let everyone experience that first hand while playing her for themselves. 

Number 5 - Shotzi - Its not secret that Shotzi is just that a secret waiting to be unlocked at a fast paced. Like her trusty TCB Tank that she rides in Shotzi is always ready to take care of business and in Wwe 2k22 you get to help her out with that. Just imagine Shotzi v Natalya, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch or Asuka among many of your huge ideas for Shotzi in 2k22 who knows you might even get to first whatever she shoots out of the tanks probably a nerf missle. 

Anyway that is Part 1 of my top 10 2k22 new stars to play as the game comes out so stick around for part 2 coming very soon. 

See ya later people have a great day. 

Edited by Wwe Striker 360
Spelling mistake

The latest Wwe 2k22 roster member has been announced to be the former women's tag team and Raw Women’s Champion Nikki A. S. H (formerly known as Cross). The recently heel turned superhero typed gimmick superstar has joined the roster after recent stars such as Humberto and The Usos were announced during the recent trailer along side Charlotte Flair, Sami Zayn and Damien Preist. Nikki has become as of today the 86th member of the 2k22 roster and with the game not released till march 11th but march 8th for thoses with a wait that you can't contain you can be sure that Nikki is not the last star as more are still in the mix to be announced soon such as Cedric Alexander, Shelton Benjamin, Liv Morgan, Drew Gulak, Angel and Mandy Rose. Its getting bigger amd better by the minute and as it draws near we can get hyped for more superstars, match types and more details towards the likes of My Rise, My Faction and Gm Mode. 

This is truly under way. 

Your boy 

Wwe Striker 360

• Like 1

It has been a match we have all wanted to see back in Wwe video games for a while now and it seems to be a heart-felt much loved match. Special Referee began its Wwe game appearances back in some of the very early smackdown series owned by sony and raw series owned by Microsoft as PlayStation had its game rights towards the smackdown side while raw was on x box. It even appeared in some of the very early smackdown v raw games however it was kicked off the list of match types back in Smackdown v raw 2008 and was off the match lists till the day Wwe 13 was released. After Wwe 13 got released players got to re experience the days of old wwe gaming memories and it felt like this right up until 2k16 (I think) after that 2k cancelled the special referee match for good. But now after the latest trailer was released a day or 2 ago news has been going on about the maybe possibility of 2k22 getting back special referee which will be amazing. I do remember if you did a bad job in wwe 13 that john laurinaitis came out and stripped you of your spot as the referee with your replacement being the in game charles Robinson typed ref. 

It seems to me that everyone out there wants special referee to come back and i will be definitely 100% right behind each and every one of you who play wwe games as it does make for interesting stuff when involving tag teams where 1 member might have a championship belt and your the team mate with the job of calling the match right down the middle. 

For example if your wanting to play as a member of Legardo Del Fantasma such as Joaquin Wilde and Santos Escobar is say Nxt Champion then special referee would add in great value and effort as you could make Wilde as the Referee and screw over say Tyler Bate in an Nxt Title match by taking time to count the pin, ignoring submissions that Bate would have on Santos or counting out Tyler very fast while taking time to slowly count out Santos or not even bothering at all. 

It could also work if its an enemy of the ref say if its Bobby Lashley v Kevin Owens and the Ref is Brock Lesnar it could all work in your favour to make sure lesnar costs Lashley the match but hey same Could work on Roman reigns. 

Thats it for now and let me know what you think. Will special referee make its glorious return or be a long forgotten memory for another Wwe Game and another year. 

Have a great day. 

Your boy 

Wwe Striker 360

Edited by Wwe Striker 360
Spelling mistake

As of today Wwe and 2k have given us a new updated trailer of game work and it marks a lot from new showcase match moments, more weapons work and two new superstars as Beth Phoenix was confirmed in a performance center moment in 2k22 on the My Rise game mode and it is a perfect moment as she and Shawn Michaels are training new arrivals at the performance center. This follows the likes of other performance center coaches such as Albert in 2k18. Also added was Drew Gulak in an entrance scene and its brilliant as he has been updated completely following 2k20 where he had different hair and also different attire. Gulaks Titantron has also been updated too. 

Also it seems that rumours are in speculation about The Special Referee match has been going on as the ref was revealed to be an old type model of what looked like Angelo Dawkins but this is a tough moment to confirm. Byt hopefully it might get better. 

Let me know what you are all liking so far in 2k22. Between our 87th and 88th superstars confirmed despite 5 weeks till release it seems to be taking sliw time but at least it giving brilliant updates and news. 

Big thanks to Smacktalks for the latest YouTube video so cheers bros and super bros. 

Have a brilliant day. 

Your boy 

Wwe Striker 360 

• Cave Waverider changed the title to Striker's WWE 2k22 News Thread