How to change the title and media ID for any Xbox 360 game.

Hollywood Akeem

What does this do?

It changes the titleId to whatever you want. This is good for making a mod with a different title id so you can have multiple mods of the same game, all while leaving the vanilla copy alone on your hard disk.

Things to note:

• Keep in mind When the game saves, it will create a save file in the titleId that was chosen, NOT the original titleID. So when you search for the game save in the content folder, make sure you've jotted down the titleId you gave the xex file.
  • Also if you are installing dlc, atleast for wwe2k14, DO NOT CHANGE THE TITLE ID for the dlc. Dont change it in the hex or create a new file using leFluffie. It only causes problems down the line, trust me. Simply, copy WWE 2k14's dlc into a folder with the new titleID.
  • If you want to transfer a save file from vanilla 2k14 to 2k14 with a new title id, change the title id using hex editor and rebuild using lefluffie (i think. I'm not sure if the lefluffie part is true, it's been a while since i've done this).

How to change title id in xex:
Get vanilla xex, go to TitleId Changer, update title to whatever you want. Change the media to whatever, it doesn't matter.
Go to gamehack.exe, check remove compression, done!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to do it with injecting the 1.01 patch into the xex.

Make sure you read this first:

2. locate default.xexp for the default.xex, or default_mp.xexp for the default_mp.xex and move it to your xextool folder

3. move your default.xex or default_mp.xex to your xextool folder

(note: I wrote the note above along time ago. i think what I was saying was to move default.xexp  and default.xex file in the xex tool folder).

4. go to your xextool folder and hold shift then right click in an empty area of the file manager, in the popup you need to choose "open command window here"

5. now to patch the xex's simply enter this code
xextool -p default.xexp default.xex

6. Go to title updater, update title to whatever title id
7. Goto xex tool check remove compression, done!

---------------------------

Download:

----------------------------

Title updater (Microsoft visual studio to open title updater):

https://github.com/Gualdimar/TitleID-Changer/releases/tag/first-release

Xex tool/gamehack:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Ck_CrqrtfG0yZQZHjc9S_GWo7d_Ppgz/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jvitorsantos05 said:

Okay that's a good thing to do, but.... For what?

Lets say you want to have Wrestling Legends on your xbox, but you also want to have vanilla 2k14. Since wrestling legends is already installed on your xbox with the titleID 545108BC, you can get a copy of vanilla wwe 2k14 running on your device at the same time by following the steps above.

Here's a better scenario:

You have wwe 2k14 installed with its original titleId, but you want to install WWE 2k14 Complete edition. No need to worry as the person who's making that mod (me) has already changed the title id. All you'd need to worry about is downloading and placing it on your hard drive. Now you have WWE 2k14 and WWE 2k14 complete edition installed on the same xbox without either of them causing conflict with their different saves, dlc's, or title updates.

Now imagine other creators like @Red Rooster updating his mod or @yumboy11 doing this for his svr11 mod. You can essentially have many rosters curated by different creators, all while keeping the original game intact all on your harddrive.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Hollywood Akeem said:

Lets say you want to have Wrestling Legends on your xbox, but you also want to have vanilla 2k14. Since wrestling legends is already installed on your xbox with the titleID 545108BC, you can get a copy of vanilla wwe 2k14 running on your device at the same time by following the steps above.

Here's a better scenario:

You have wwe 2k14 installed with its original titleId, but you want to install WWE 2k14 Complete edition. No need to worry as the person who's making that mod (me) has already changed the title id. All you'd need to worry about is downloading and placing it on your hard drive. Now you have WWE 2k14 and WWE 2k14 complete edition installed on the same xbox without either of them causing conflict with their different saves, dlc's, or title updates.

Now imagine other creators like @Red Rooster updating his mod or @yumboy11 doing this for his svr11 mod. You can essentially have many rosters curated by different creators, all while keeping the original game intact all on your harddrive.

Oh, i get it, thanks

3 hours ago, yumboy11 said:

Thanks for this tutorial, this was something I wanted to look into before I get the first version of my svr11 mod out.

no problem! Make sure you back up your files before anything, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to dm me 😀

• 4 months later...
On 8/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, Hollywood Akeem said:

no problem! Make sure you back up your files before anything, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to dm me 😀

@Hollywood Akeem I haven't had time to try this yet, but now I'd like to. tackle your method of having both games on my Xbox. 

Question though....if I already have Wrestling Legends installed on my Xbox hard drive, how do I get a vanilla version of 2K14 on there? Wouldn't installing that automatically screw up my WL files? I guess I'm just trying to understand everything before I start screwing around with it. Obviously, I'll back up my files before doing anything, but if I can avoid any problems ahead of time, I'd like to. 

On 1/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, denbigh7 said:

@Hollywood Akeem I haven't had time to try this yet, but now I'd like to. tackle your method of having both games on my Xbox. 

Question though....if I already have Wrestling Legends installed on my Xbox hard drive, how do I get a vanilla version of 2K14 on there? Wouldn't installing that automatically screw up my WL files? I guess I'm just trying to understand everything before I start screwing around with it. Obviously, I'll back up my files before doing anything, but if I can avoid any problems ahead of time, I'd like to. 

i'd recommend changing the title id of vanilla wwe 2k14 since with wrestling legends, you'd have to painstakingly change every caw and save file to the new id.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 9:28 AM, Hollywood Akeem said:

i'd recommend changing the title id of vanilla wwe 2k14 since with wrestling legends, you'd have to painstakingly change every caw and save file to the new id.

Ok, so I'm still a little lost on how exactly to get both the vanilla game and WL on my Xbox. (I'm sure it's not as hard as I'm making it, but I'm just concerned with screwing up my WL game and save). 

I agree with your above statement, in that I'd definitely not want to go back and rehash every CAW. So, I'll put the original 2K14 game on my hard drive and change it's title ID. But this is where I'm confused: Once I put in the WWE2K14 disc and save it to my modded Xbox, won't that automatically screw up my WL's save since there will now be 2 versions of the game on the hard drive? I'm asking this because a few years ago, I did exactly that.....tried to have both WL's and vanilla 2K14 on my hard drive at the same time and ended up with jacked up saves. I had to totally reinstall my WL game. 

If I save the vanilla 2K14 to my hard drive but don't boot up the game, and THEN change the title ID, is that how I'm supposed to do it? (because I believe the first time you boot up is when you first create a save file). 

Again, sorry for asking such basic questions, I just really want to get it right and avoid mishaps. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 9:44 PM, denbigh7 said:

Ok, so I'm still a little lost on how exactly to get both the vanilla game and WL on my Xbox. (I'm sure it's not as hard as I'm making it, but I'm just concerned with screwing up my WL game and save). 

I agree with your above statement, in that I'd definitely not want to go back and rehash every CAW. So, I'll put the original 2K14 game on my hard drive and change it's title ID. But this is where I'm confused: Once I put in the WWE2K14 disc and save it to my modded Xbox, won't that automatically screw up my WL's save since there will now be 2 versions of the game on the hard drive? I'm asking this because a few years ago, I did exactly that.....tried to have both WL's and vanilla 2K14 on my hard drive at the same time and ended up with jacked up saves. I had to totally reinstall my WL game. 

If I save the vanilla 2K14 to my hard drive but don't boot up the game, and THEN change the title ID, is that how I'm supposed to do it? (because I believe the first time you boot up is when you first create a save file). 

Again, sorry for asking such basic questions, I just really want to get it right and avoid mishaps. 

Short answer: If you follow the rules above, WWE 2k14 wont get confused reading different save files because it will only search for a save file with its own title id that's inside the save folder with the title id it's been assigned to.

Long answer:

bare with me:

You create a wwe 2k14 backup on your pc. It's copy of the wwe 2k14 iso you extracted from your wwe 2k14 disk.

You then extract that iso. Now that you have the wwe 2k14 directory, located inside is the xex file.

You follow the directions above to change the title id in the xex file.

You place wwe 2k14 into you RGH'd HDD.

You run the xex file that contains a modified title id.

If all above is done correctly you will not have any problems. The xbox will create a save pertaining to the new title id. It will not mix with wrestling legends. Doesn't matter if an exact copy of wwe 2k14, if the title id's are not the same, both saves are foreign to each other.  WWE 2K14 will not scub your HDD's directory for save files that are the same format as itself. WWE 2K14 (or any game as a matter of fact) never really needs to access the files from other saves located in other title id's. There are a few exceptions of course, like how mass effect 2 can pick up your save from ME1. Or how skate 3 gives you a bonus item if it detects a skate 3 demo save. Other save files can be read by games as long as its deliberately programmed to do so. WWE 2k14 doesnt fall under this situation so you should be good.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:40 AM, Hollywood Akeem said:

Short answer: If you follow the rules above, WWE 2k14 wont get confused reading different save files because it will only search for a save file with its own title id that's inside the save folder with the title id it's been assigned to.

Long answer:

bare with me:

You create a wwe 2k14 backup on your pc. It's copy of the wwe 2k14 iso you extracted from your wwe 2k14 disk.

You then extract that iso. Now that you have the wwe 2k14 directory, located inside is the xex file.

You follow the directions above to change the title id in the xex file.

You place wwe 2k14 into you RGH'd HDD.

You run the xex file that contains a modified title id.

If all above is done correctly you will not have any problems. The xbox will create a save pertaining to the new title id. It will not mix with wrestling legends. Doesn't matter if an exact copy of wwe 2k14, if the title id's are not the same, both saves are foreign to each other.  WWE 2K14 will not scub your HDD's directory for save files that are the same format as itself. WWE 2K14 (or any game as a matter of fact) never really needs to access the files from other saves located in other title id's. There are a few exceptions of course, like how mass effect 2 can pick up your save from ME1. Or how skate 3 gives you a bonus item if it detects a skate 3 demo save. Other save files can be read by games as long as its deliberately programmed to do so. WWE 2k14 doesnt fall under this situation so you should be good.

Thank you for getting back with me and for the help.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how do I make a backup of an Xbox game disk and/or get an iso from the disk onto a PC? Granted, I know how to make backups on my PC of games that are already stored on my RGH Xbox 360 and do so regularly. But are you saying to first save vanilla WWE2K14 onto my Xbox 360 (where Wrestling Legends also lives), and THEN make a backup onto my PC and extract the iso? This is where I'm confused, and again, I apologize for my lack of understanding. 

My biggest confusion is where to first put vanilla 2K14 or how I'm supposed to get the iso. (I do in fact have an original disc of the game).

Edited by denbigh7
info add

On 1/4/2023 at 11:26 PM, denbigh7 said:

Thank you for getting back with me and for the help.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how do I make a backup of an Xbox game disk and/or get an iso from the disk onto a PC? Granted, I know how to make backups on my PC of games that are already stored on my RGH Xbox 360 and do so regularly. But are you saying to first save vanilla WWE2K14 onto my Xbox 360 (where Wrestling Legends also lives), and THEN make a backup onto my PC and extract the iso? This is where I'm confused, and again, I apologize for my lack of understanding. 

My biggest confusion is where to first put vanilla 2K14 or how I'm supposed to get the iso. (I do in fact have an original disc of the game).

The way how I extract an wwe 2k14 xbox 360 copy is by using my rgh'd xbox 360. I do it through free style dash. You can then transfer the files to your computer. You can also just get the files on the internet.

• Glorious 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood Akeem said:

The way how I extract an wwe 2k14 xbox 360 copy is by using my rgh'd xbox 360. I do it through free style dash. You can then transfer the files to your computer. You can also just get the files on the internet.

Thanks so very much! This makes a little more sense to me now, and I think I’m ready to give it a try.

One last question, and this might need answering from @Red Rooster

Suppose I want vanilla 2K14 and 2 versions of Wrestling Legends all on the same RGH Xbox. Is there a way to do that? If I can change the title ID of the vanilla game, can I also make a copy of my WL game and change its title ID? (Reason being, I’ve modded and changed my WL game quite a bit from the original, but I wouldn’t mind having another copy on my Xbox to try different stuff with.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @Hollywood Akeem,

I recently ran into this little tut, and I've bascially done everything as outlined above. I changed the TitleID and MediaID of another mod I purchased to something random. But, once i fire the game up on XBox, an error screen pops up and out quickly. I wish I could could show the error screen but it comes and goes rather hurriedly. Any suggestions?

Never mind.

Edited by JH4ND04
Will discuss matter in private message.