bin / dat files containing textures

El Guapo

I often come across mods (arenas or wrestlers) which contain dat or bin files which contain the textures. WrestleMINUS and RePAC cannot read the file, so the only way to extract the dds files is to manually identify each in a hex editor (the file header tells you which order the textures are in) and copy/paste them into a new file.

Surely there must be an easier way of doing this?! It's not so bad for a 000C in a wrestler model as they typically only contain 3 dds files anyway, but for an arentrance file or whatever there are soooo many textures it takes for ever to identify each one and paste into a new file.

Anyone got any good tips?

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I often come across mods (arenas or wrestlers) which contain dat or bin files which contain the textures. WrestleMINUS and RePAC cannot read the file, so the only way to extract the dds files is to manually identify each in a hex editor (the file header tells you which order the textures are in) and copy/paste them into a new file.

Surely there must be an easier way of doing this?! It's not so bad for a 000C in a wrestler model as they typically only contain 3 dds files anyway, but for an arentrance file or whatever there are soooo many textures it takes for ever to identify each one and paste into a new file.

Anyone got any good tips?

Hi, The dat files which contain textures are actually texture archives. You can change the file extension of a .bin file to .dat and open as a texture archive in Repac or X-Packer.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Yes! 1

21 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, The dat files which contain textures are actually texture archives. You can change the file extension of a .bin file to .dat and open as a texture archive in Repac or X-Packer.

RePac doesn't seem to like them (the loading progress bar moves and then nothing happens) - I'll re-buy X-Packer and see if that is any more successful (my old license is gone after I switched out my motherboard and reinstalled Windows)

15 hours ago, TheCorePACH said:

also use repac or 2km arc to recreate the texturelibrary file after u done with the modding!

I actually forgot I had 2km arc as I generally just use PACeditor, RePac, and WrestleMINUS for pretty much everything

Thanks for the advise both!

• Like 1