Adding Transition videos?

El Guapo

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Hi there,

like the title says really - is it possible to add arena transition videos rather than replace them?

Thanks

Hi, Yes it's possible. If you have an arena transition and transition replay video , you can assign an unused ID to the file and set it in the misc01_start file (0002), in  both  SELECTNUM columns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, Yes it's possible. If you have an arena transition and transition replay video , you can assign an unused ID to the file and set it in the misc01_start file (0002), in  both  SELECTNUM columns.

Just to clarify - both SELECTNUM columns? I was under the impression that the first one was for the arenatrance ID

8 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Just to clarify - both SELECTNUM columns? I was under the impression that the first one was for the arenatrance ID

The second SELECTNUM column.

It's not working for me - the game hangs after I select the arena.

I'm trying to use vacant slot 18:

* Copy  \pac\mov\transition_replay\000017.pac

* rename it 000018.pac

* Inject my transition video into it

* do the same for \pac\mov\transition\000017.pac

* change the second SELECTNUM address for the arena to 18

* rebuild chunk file with WrestleMINUS

I had a look at the pac file in a hex editor to see if there was a header of some kind which might need a new hash string or something, but I didn't see one

Edited by El Guapo

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's not working for me - the game hangs after I select the arena.

I'm trying to use vacant slot 18:

* Copy  \pac\mov\transition_replay\000017.pac

* rename it 000018.pac

* Inject my transition video into it

* do the same for \pac\mov\transition\000017.pac

* rebuild chunk file with WrestleMINUS

I had a look at the pac file in a hex editor to see if there was a header of some kind which might need a new hash string or something, but I didn't see one

If you are using a 2k19 transiton pac file, it wouldn't work on a differet slot as you can't change the ID in a hex editor. You will need to use 2k16 EPK8 pac files which can be edited in Hxd offset row 800.

Here is a zip containing a transition pac file and transition replay pac file from 2k16. You can inject your transiton video into these and rename appropriately.

The file ID 14 is the transition, the file ID 15 is the transition replay

https://mega.nz/file/IEhmnILT#wsZcrDGecVPa2iok2qPcfQNr8Kd2rqN-sb2qAn43VJ8

1 minute ago, Fecks said:

This is super useful info - What process are you using for injecting a new transition video into the pac file? I have X-Packer and PAC editor.

Thanks

You can use both tools.

2 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

You can use both tools.

Not attempted this before, so would be grateful for steer. As I understand the process:

1. Create video(s) encoded as .bik files

2. Compress as using OODL Tools to create pac files

3. Inject pac files using X-Packer / PAC editor

Is that correct? Anything else I need to be aware of / avoid?

Thank you :)

1 minute ago, Fecks said:

Not attempted this before, so would be grateful for steer. As I understand the process:

1. Create video(s) encoded as .bik files

2. Compress as using OODL Tools to create pac files

3. Inject pac files using X-Packer / PAC editor

Is that correct? Anything else I need to be aware of / avoid?

Thank you :)

Hi,

You don't compress the bik file as oodl. You just inject the bik or bk2 file directly into the pac file. 

You can use the 2k16 epk8 pac files I posted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

You don't compress the bik file as oodl. You just inject the bik or bk2 file directly into the pac file. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

Got it working - thanks again 👌

Do you know if there's a maximum duration / file size for the transition / replay videos? Useful to know before creating new videos

10 minutes ago, Fecks said:

Got it working - thanks again 👌

Do you know if there's a maximum duration / file size for the transition / replay videos? Useful to know before creating new videos

Good question. Its not something Ive tried out, but if the file size is relatively large, it will probably take a while to load.

18 hours ago, Fecks said:

Bare in mind that the video will play twice while loading the match (once before and once after the "vs" screen) so I'd recommend you keep them relatively short

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Bare in mind that the video will play twice while loading the match (once before and once after the "vs" screen) so I'd recommend you keep them relatively short

Good point, thank you. Will do.

What settings are you using when encoding using RAD tools? I'm having issues getting any of my injected test videos to work. The game crashes upon selecting the arena.

My understanding is that the videos need to be 1920 x 1080 @ 30fps. Are there any other mandatory requirements?