4D Renders PNG to DDS

P Mac

Hello all you beautiful modders! I have some awesome renders here (Via Refat, Gamerzone, and Phenomenal modder) that I'm having trouble converting from .png to .dds format so that i can import them into 2k19. Could anyone point me in the right direction or walk me through the process so I know for future reference? Any help is greatly appreciated! :) 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, mattfick said:

photoshop, gimp, or paint.net

you will need to install either of those along with the dds plugin for the respective program 

I appreciate the reply @mattfick 

I used gimp to export the render to .dds however, the image isnt showing up in game :/ Should I change any settings when exporting in regards to Compression, Format, or Mipmaps? Or do you suppose the issue is in the original png files maybe? 

1 hour ago, P Mac said:

I used gimp to export the render to .dds however, the image isnt showing up in game :/ Should I change any settings when exporting in regards to Compression, Format, or Mipmaps? Or do you suppose the issue is in the original png files maybe? 

i dont really know much about them, but i do know there are dimensions that are required, and id double check the export settings

bro try using online converters 

https://www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-dds/  this is a free online convertor which converts png to dds 

but i recommand using photoshop with dds plugin

2 hours ago, P Mac said:

bro use DXT1 FORMAT

NO MIPMAPS

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:15 AM, TheCorePACH said:

bro try using online converters 

https://www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-dds/  this is a free online convertor which converts png to dds 

but i recommand using photoshop with dds plugin

bro use DXT1 FORMAT

NO MIPMAPS

You guys are the best!! I used gimp + dds plugin and compressed to DXT1 format and it worked. No mipmaps. Much appreciated! 

PunkHeyman.gif

• Like 2
  • Yes! 1