help. move animations port

Mehrshad

Hi, I port move animations from 19 to 17, but since the parameters of the 19's files are different from 17, I have to replace the new animation with a 17's animation whose data is similar. Now I want to know if it is possible to port the parameters from 19 to 17? If not, can I put new animations in a new, empty slot and use the same old parameters from 17?

57 minutes ago, Mehrshad said:

Hi, I port move animations from 19 to 17, but since the parameters of the 19's files are different from 17, I have to replace the new animation with a 17's animation whose data is similar. Now I want to know if it is possible to port the parameters from 19 to 17? If not, can I put new animations in a new, empty slot and use the same old parameters from 17?

Hi,

Motion parametric data from 2k18 and 19 can't be backported to 2k17 since the developers changed the data structure for these files after 2k17 by separating the motion data for each move into a pac file, which makes it easier to port over moves from other games to both 2k18 and 19 and copy the data into unused slot ID's.

It is possible to place animations in unused 2k17 slots but the way the motion data is structured in 2k15-2k17 makes it difficult to modify the data files without affecting those of other moves in the game.

The problem with the files in these games is, unlike 2k18 and 19 where the developers placed most of the data in one file, the data for the 2k15-2k17 moves is placed across different files. Not having any parametric data for the slot means the moves will freeze during gameplay and will not have any damage.

One other thing is, not every category of move can be backported. Some moves will cause crashes due to incompatible data, especially the new 2k19 moves.

In all honesty, as much as I like 2k17 ( have the game installed for testing purposes) , I will say its probably time to move on from it to 2k18 at least if 2k19 isn't running properly on your PC. There are just much more modifications possible with 2k18-19 which are a pain in 2k17.

1 hour ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

Motion parametric data from 2k18 and 19 can't be backported to 2k17 since the developers changed the data structure for these files after 2k17 by separating the motion data for each move into a pac file, which makes it easier to port over moves from other games to both 2k18 and 19 and copy the data into unused slot ID's.

It is possible to place animations in unused 2k17 slots but the way the motion data is structured in 2k15-2k17 makes it difficult to modify the data files without affecting those of other moves in the game.

The problem with the files in these games is, unlike 2k18 and 19 where the developers placed most of the data in one file, the data for the 2k15-2k17 moves is placed across different files. Not having any parametric data for the slot means the moves will freeze during gameplay and will not have any damage.

One other thing is, not every category of move can be backported. Some moves will cause crashes due to incompatible data, especially the new 2k19 moves.

In all honesty, as much as I like 2k17 ( have the game installed for testing purposes) , I will say its probably time to move on from it to 2k18 at least if 2k19 isn't running properly on your PC. There are just much more modifications possible with 2k18-19 which are a pain in 2k17.

Thanks, but my system does not support 2K18 and unfortunately it so slowmotion. I have ported several animations from 19 for 17 without any problems and they have run on 17, the problem is that I have to replace the old animations with new ones. I need a lot of old animations and I do not want anything to replace them, so I was thinking of an animation port on an empty slot, which is not possible as you say. All 17 parameters are in one file, it is not possible that the parameter Identified them with (hxd) and separated them?

19 minutes ago, Mehrshad said:

Thanks, but my system does not support 2K18 and unfortunately it so slowmotion. I have ported several animations from 19 for 17 without any problems and they have run on 17, the problem is that I have to replace the old animations with new ones. I need a lot of old animations and I do not want anything to replace them, so I was thinking of an animation port on an empty slot, which is not possible as you say. All 17 parameters are in one file, it is not possible that the parameter Identified them with (hxd) and separated them?

With the parameters , no. There is so much data the parameters contain which will be difficult to locate in 2k17.It just wouldn't work properly in gameplay and you will end up quite a few moves in the game having glitches. You also will not have sound or damage as you can't even duplicate the data for these since the developers didn't label the data and sort of merged it all together. 

Replacing is the best way you're going to get motions working without issues. 

14 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

With the parameters , no. There is so much data the parameters contain which will be difficult to locate in 2k17.It just wouldn't work properly in gameplay and you will end up quite a few moves in the game having glitches. You also will not have sound or damage as you can't even duplicate the data for these since the developers didn't label the data and sort of merged it all together. 

Replacing is the best way you're going to get motions working without issues. 

Ok, thank you for the information