help. i want to edit matches wwe 2k17

Mehrshad

I want to edit matches and add new matches to the game (2K17) Does anyone know anything about this? Match ID or anything. I and several other people really need this

10 minutes ago, Mehrshad said:

I want to edit matches and add new matches to the game (2K17) Does anyone know anything about this? Match ID or anything. I and several other people really need this

Hi,

When you say edit matches, what do you mean?

Edit options for match types ?

Add a new match type to the game ?

Add a hidden match type to the game?

As far as I know, the developers left over some match data for matchtypes from last gen in the game's files, but they don't work as a lot of the data is missing.

13 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

When you say edit matches, what do you mean?

Edit options for match types ?

Add a new match type to the game ?

Add a hidden match type to the game?

As far as I know, the developers left over some match data for matchtypes from last gen in the game's files, but they don't work as a lot of the data is missing.

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes, I want to change the match type options, for example i want to play ladder match as a tag team

Edited by Mehrshad

2 hours ago, Mehrshad said:

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes, I want to change the match type options, for example i want to play ladder match as a tag team

A one on one ladder match and two on two tornado tag ladder match are two different match types for instance.

Here is a sheet with the match types in the game's files before WWE 2K18. The  match types  in red is data left over from last gen which don't work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LHXjUdCH0RFy0u6l66mMTfXdZ8s5UiFYAbQkOazbDrE/edit#gid=2050562894

8 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

A one on one ladder match and two on two tornado tag ladder match are two different match types for instance.

Here is a sheet with the match types in the game's files before WWE 2K18. The  match types  in red is data left over from last gen which don't work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LHXjUdCH0RFy0u6l66mMTfXdZ8s5UiFYAbQkOazbDrE/edit#gid=2050562894

How does he do it?

3 hours ago, Mehrshad said:

How does he do it?

This is done using the wrestleplus match modified tool for 2k17 which is called 2k17+.

What you want is slightly different as you want to be able to play a match type which isn’t listed in the game but has data in the game’s files. 
One of the ways the tag team ladder match can be accessible is adding the match to the game’s match selection menu so it is listed for selection. One thing however is, it will probably replace another match type in the list as I’m not sure you can add to the menu without replacing.

This method  can also be used to add a few other match types which I believe also work in the game

Tag team ladder match

tag team table match

40- man Royal Rumble ( I’m not sure you can change participants but it works)

Elimination Chamber Tag match etc.

8 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

This is done using the wrestleplus match modified tool for 2k17 which is called 2k17+.

What you want is slightly different as you want to be able to play a match type which isn’t listed in the game but has data in the game’s files. 
One of the ways the tag team ladder match can be accessible is adding the match to the game’s match selection menu so it is listed for selection. One thing however is, it will probably replace another match type in the list as I’m not sure you can add to the menu without replacing.

This method  can also be used to add a few other match types which I believe also work in the game

Tag team ladder match

tag team table match

40- man Royal Rumble ( I’m not sure you can change participants but it works)

Elimination Chamber Tag match etc.

I will do what you said, but I need to know how? In which file is the match information located?

Edited by Mehrshad

The data files with the match type information are inside the misc_01_start.pac file in the pac folder. You open this folder and extract the 0008 and 0009 files. These are data files containing the menu info for each match type . The 0009 is the options menu data which the game reads to determine the options set for each match type.
However if you want to replace a match in the menu so that a different match type loads, you will only need to edit the menuflow_p40 file in the pac \menu folder. This file contains the match types you see  listed in the menu along with the ID’s for each match type according to the list I sent you.

For instance the first match is the singles match (normal) ID 0, Royal Rumble 30 man has ID 22. If I wanted the 40 man Royal Rumble to replace the 10 man Royal Rumble, the ID for the 10 man Royal Rumble in the menuflow file will have to be reaplaced with that of the 40 man Royal Rumble.

This will be replacing the values in Hexadecimal.

THE ID for the 10 man Royal Rumble is 20 (14 in hexadecimal) This value will be changed to 17 ( 23 in decimal) which is the ID for the 40 man Royal Rumble from the list.

15 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

The data files with the match type information are inside the misc_01_start.pac file in the pac folder. You open this folder and extract the 0008 and 0009 files. These are data files containing the menu info for each match type . The 0009 is the options menu data which the game reads to determine the options set for each match type.
However if you want to replace a match in the menu so that a different match type loads, you will only need to edit the menuflow_p40 file in the pac \menu folder. This file contains the match types you see  listed in the menu along with the ID’s for each match type according to the list I sent you.

For instance the first match is the singles match (normal) ID 0, Royal Rumble 30 man has ID 22. If I wanted the 40 man Royal Rumble to replace the 10 man Royal Rumble, the ID for the 10 man Royal Rumble in the menuflow file will have to be reaplaced with that of the 40 man Royal Rumble.

THE ID for the 10 man Royal Rumble is 20 (14 in hexadecimal) This value will be changed to 17 ( 23 in decimal) which is the ID for the 40 man Royal Rumble from the list.

Apparently 2K17 it does not have menuflow_p40 file, but a file named (menu) is available. Are they the same or different? 

4 minutes ago, Mehrshad said:

Apparently 2K17 it does not have menuflow_p40 file, but a file named (menu) is available. Are they the same or different? 

No it’s not the same file. I’m very sure it does have a menuflowp40. Do you have the DLC installed ?

2 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

No it’s not the same file. I’m very sure it does have a menuflowp40. Do you have the DLC installed ?

I think the version of the game I downloaded is the full version and includes dlc

2 minutes ago, Mehrshad said:

All files are available except this file. Will it work if I download this file alone?

I believe it should. As long as you have other p_40 files in your game

5 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

I believe it should. As long as you have other p_40 files in your game

yes i have other p_40. In (hxd) on which bytes should I find ids?

Edited by Mehrshad

You open the menuflow file in hXD .

For instance, lets say you want to replace  the tornado tag elimination match with tag team table match, you will first have to lookup the ID's for both in the sheet I sent you. 

The ID for the Elimination Tornado tag match is 10 which is 0A when converted to hex

The ID or match number for the hidden Tornado tag ladder match is 56 which is 38 in Hex

Look for the hex number 0A as shown here.

The 0A I have highlighted is the ID for the match. The 8920 is the ID for the string name (ELIMINATION TORNADO TAG) in the string-win.pac file 

0OJvRe8.jpg

If the 0A is changed to 38 and the file saved, then the string name ID  changed to F787 (That is the string name for  TORNADO TAG TEAM LADDER in the string file) then saved, you will see the match listed as TORNADO TAG TEAM LADDER in the menu and that match type will load in the game.

HNPAAxa.jpg

11 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

You open the menuflow file in hXD .

For instance, lets say you want to replace  the tornado tag elimination match with tag team table match, you will first have to lookup the ID's for both in the sheet I sent you. 

The ID for the Elimination Tornado tag match is 10 which is 0A when converted to hex

The ID or match number for the hidden Tornado tag ladder match is 56 which is 38 in Hex

Look for the hex number 0A as shown here.

The 0A I have highlighted is the ID for the match. The 8920 is the ID for the string name (ELIMINATION TORNADO TAG) in the string-win.pac file 

0OJvRe8.jpg

If the 0A is changed to 38 and the file saved, then the string name ID  changed to F787 (That is the string name for  TORNADO TAG TEAM LADDER in the string file) then saved, you will see the match listed as TORNADO TAG TEAM LADDER in the menu and that match type will load in the game.

HNPAAxa.jpg

It worked :) Thank you very much for your time.

But one more question, can I add new matches to menu and not replace them? In this way, I have both the old and the new

53 minutes ago, Mehrshad said:

It worked :) Thank you very much for your time.

But one more question, can I add new matches to menu and not replace them? In this way, I have both the old and the new

There seems to be a limitation in the file itself. You can add a new entry but the name wouldn't be visible even though you will be able to select it from the menu or if it does, the name of the  last move in that section will be selectable but the name will not be visible .

1 hour ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

There seems to be a limitation in the file itself. You can add a new entry but the name wouldn't be visible even though you will be able to select it from the menu or if it does, the name of the  last move in that section will be selectable but the name will not be visible .

OK. Thanks for the explanation

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 9:00 PM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, this is possible in 2K16?

Edited by Mehrshad

On 6/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Is there a similar file (menuflow_p40) in 2K16 (for match edit)?

1 hour ago, Mehrshad said:

Is there a similar file (menuflow_p40) in 2K16 (for match edit)?

Hi, 

The menuflow data file in WWE 2k16 is located in the menu. pac file (pac\menu folder), but just like the 2k17 menuflow file, the menu data gets messed up when you try to add more entries to the menu. This issue doesn’t happen with the 2k19 menuflow file which will let you add more entries.

47 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, 

The menuflow data file in WWE 2k16 is located in the menu. pac file (pac\menu folder), but just like the 2k17 menuflow file, the menu data gets messed up when you try to add more entries to the menu. This issue doesn’t happen with the 2k19 menuflow file which will let you add more entries.

I understand, thank you very much

Edited by Mehrshad

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, 

Hello, do you have an X-ray? Can you help me and port only 2 jboy files to 2K16?

• 2 years later...

I understand how to decipher and mod the menuflow_p40.pac file. But I am still limited as there's only a few matches that can be replaced.

What I 'd like to do is change One on One's Falls Count Anywhere to a First Blood match for example. In order to accomplish this I'd need to go into the to misc_01_start.pac so I can tick each array accordingly. In the post you advise that we should extract the 0008 and 0009 files from the misc_01_start.pac. However, when extracting the 0008 and 0009 files with X-Packer/PAC Editor, I open them with HxD and there's no information to mod like the menuflow screenshot you highlighted for us. I understand this can be done at least on the fly with WWE 2k17+ but it doesn't recognize my game version anymore (despite me donating back in 2016-2017). Would you be able to offer any assistance regarding the misc_01_start.pac process?