CCT Broken

justbrennan

Help I've been using CCT for only a few days now and its just broken and everything is blank. I try to load it up and it says "Unhandled exceptions has occurred in your application" and "configuration system failed to initialize" please help what do I do? and it is the same with the sound editor.

Has Steam updated the game to the latest version?
Do you have the latest versions of Sound Editor and CCT installed (don't just run it from within a .zip file or whatever!) for the particular game?
Do you have all required dependencies for CCT and Sound Editor installed properly and are running them with administration privileges?

47 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Has Steam updated the game to the latest version?
Do you have the latest versions of Sound Editor and CCT installed (don't just run it from within a .zip file or whatever!) for the particular game?
Do you have all required dependencies for CCT and Sound Editor installed properly and are running them with administration privileges?

Everything has been working fine so I sure I do, then this morning when I tried to open them, and they both came up with the error messages and that's it just stopped working, I've tried uninstalling both software's and the game and then reinstalling, no luck.

Also I tried looking into the codes of CCT and Sound Editor, its just has nothing but rows and rows of "NUL", not sure what that means.

Edited by justbrennan

Have you moved your game directory, by any chance? In any case, check in CCT/Sound Editor settings if the directories are set properly.

Also, check if the data.xml files are intact for both programs.

Not sure what else could have happened. Have you updated anything else in your system? Perhaps some dependencies are no longer installed?

46 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Have you moved your game directory, by any chance? In any case, check in CCT/Sound Editor settings if the directories are set properly.

Also, check if the data.xml files are intact for both programs.

Not sure what else could have happened. Have you updated anything else in your system? Perhaps some dependencies are no longer installed?

I have not moved anything and I can't check the settings because the same pop up comes back saying the same thing about the JIT Debugging, as far as I know nothing had updating or occurred from when I went to sleep and when I woke up, I don't understand what has happened at all. 

also I have tried everything to enable JIT Debugging and nothing has worked.

Edited by justbrennan

I mentioned it before in the past, it seems to be an issue with the integrated update tool. Sometimes the configuration file is destroyed.

Try to delete the user.config file. The path to this file should be in the advanced error details. Something like: [Userfolder]\AppData\Local\[ProjectName]\[Version] After that, restart CCT/SE and check/change all your program settings, because they get lost if you delete that file. 

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1