Tutorial: How to modify the active window of the Chain Wrestling minigame

Fecks

This mod allows the active window of the chain wrestling minigame to be extended in match types where the minigame is available.. By default, the minigame is only active during the first 45 seconds in match types that allow it.

Step 1: Locate and open com.pac in WWE 2K19\pac\ingame\ai using HxD

Step 2: CTRL+G and enter 1A15A0

The two entries highlighted define the start and end active window for the minigame (in seconds). The default values below shows the window will activate 5 seconds from the start of the match (05) and deactivate after 45 seconds (2D = 45)

a%3E

Step 3: Modify these two entries as you wish. In the example below, the active window for the minigame is set to start from 5 seconds and deactivate after 1,000 seconds (3E8 = 1,000).

However, because the data is in reverse little endian format, the values need to be entered in reverse. In this example, 3 E8 needs to be entered as E8 03.

a%3E

Save the file, rebuild your Def file using a tool such as CCT and launch the game.

Important: Please backup your COM file before modifying it.

Limitations:

This mod changes the active window, however, all other limitations associated with the minigame still apply. For example, once started, the minigame is active for a limited time (it looks to be around 32 to 34 seconds) after which it cannot be used again in the current match. It also appears that the minigame can be activated a maximum of 3 times per match.

If anyone else is able to help figure out how to modify these limitations, please share your findings.

Thank you.

Edited by Fecks
Update to limitations section
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fecks said:

This mod allows the active window of the chain wrestling minigame to be extended in match types where the minigame is available.. By default, the minigame is only active during the first 45 seconds in match types that allow it.

Step 1: Locate and open com.pac in WWE 2K19\pac\ingame\ai

Step 2: CTRL+G and enter 1A15A0

The two entries highlighted define the start and end active window for the minigame (in seconds). The default values below shows the window will activate 5 seconds from the start of the match (05) and deactivate after 45 seconds (2D = 45)

a%3E

Step 3: Modify these two entries as you wish. In the example below, the active window for the minigame is set to start from 5 seconds  and deactivate after 1,000 seconds (3E8 = 1,000)

a

Save the file, rebuild your Def file using a tool such as CCT and launch the game.

Limitations:

This mod changes the active window, however, all other limitations associated with the minigame still apply. For example, once started, the minigame is active for a limited time (it looks to be around 37 or 38 seconds - can anyone confirm?) after which it cannot be used again in the current match.

If anyone else is able to figure that part out, please share your findings. Thank you.

Important: Please backup your COM file before modifying it.

This is a great find. Awesome. 

I know in wwe 2k15 the chain wrestling minigame occurs about 3 times in a match. The AI stategy data file for that game could provide some clues.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fecks said:

Step 3: Modify these two entries as you wish. In the example below, the active window for the minigame is set to start from 5 seconds  and deactivate after 1,000 seconds (3E80)

Hi,

The data value 3E 80 will be read as 80 3E instead of 3E8. The data is in reverse 9little endian format). For instance the byte 57 01 in the first line of the screenshot is 343 (01 57) which is brock Lesnar's ID (There is a reference to Suplex City below)

3 E8 will be written as E8 03.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

The data value 3E 80 will be read as 80 3E instead of 3E8. The data is in reverse 9little endian format). For instance the byte 57 01 in the first line of the screenshot is 343 (01 57) which is brock Lesnar's ID (There is a reference to Suplex City below)

3 E8 will be written as E8 03.

Thank you for pointing that out! I'll modify the OP :)

Hopefully we'll be able to figure out where the remaining chain wrestling minigame logic is to remove those other limitations.

Update: It appears the first data entry on row 1A15A0 (05 in the example above) does not relate to the start point of the active window, as the minigame becomes active only after 16 seconds in certain match types.

Edited by Fecks

Update: In order to extend the duration of the minigame, the "Chain wrestling Duration" slider in the "Game Balancing" menu needs to be modified (to force it beyond 100%).

I suspect this parameter can be edited inside one of the /menu pac files (possibly menu.pac). Unfortunately I'm unable to access all the sub files using WrestleMINUS.

If anyone is able to help me figure this out, or if this is possible using a Cheat Engine / Trainer, please dm me.

Cheers

17 minutes ago, Fecks said:

Update: In order to extend the duration of the minigame, the "Chain wrestling Duration" slider in the "Game Balancing" menu needs to be modified (to force it beyond 100%).

I suspect this parameter can be edited inside one of the /menu pac files (possibly menu.pac). Unfortunately I'm unable to access all the sub files using WrestleMINUS.

If anyone is able to help me figure this out, or if this is possible using a Cheat Engine / Trainer, please dm me.

Cheers

Its possible for the chain wrestling duration slider to be adjusted so its forced above 100%, though it will have to be done with cheat engine. Im not sure how that will affect the chain wrestling duration in-game as oftentimes there are other files which contain data which will override invalid entries.

55 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Its possible for the chain wrestling duration slider to be adjusted so its forced above 100%, though it will have to be done with cheat engine. Im not sure how that will affect the chain wrestling duration in-game as oftentimes there are other files which contain data which will override invalid entries.

Thanks for the heads up regarding Cheat Engine

The only way to know for sure is to test it - I'd like to modify that parameter to see what happens. At 100% the duration is approximately 33 seconds, so anything over that will confirm it works.

I've not used Cheat Engine before, but will take a look. If you know how to modify that parameter, could you point me in the right direction?