I did something stupid...

CuddlyCorey

Okay, so I got into modding the game with new superstars, etc. I decided to put an Eddie Edwards mod replacing Cole Quinn (Slot 763). 

Everything works fine. Great mod, playable. No issues. 

However, I got bored and decided to try out the MyCareer part of the game. LMAO 

The first cutscenes after creating my superstar, Matt Bloom is talking to a ghost. I hear the character of Cole Quinn, but he's invisible. Then, when I go to the very first match, it freezes. I'm assuming because there is no Cole Quinn anymore? 

Anyone have any ideas? Did I totally screw up MyCareer? LOL 

• Like 1

Hiya,

I just thought I'd reply, as I have a suggestion,

I'm still new-ish to modding myself, but I imagine it's because you replaced Cole Quinn. If you use CCT I would recommend using the Unused or PerfectPlextra slots. (I would use the Unused ones first) , some of the latter are  hard to find on Data Editor. 

I think you may have to start over. 

My suggestion is to go to your Steam Folder, (I'm guessing you have Steam has it is near impossible to mod without it) anyways, 

Go to your Steam folder, then go to userdata which will show a folder with I'm guessing Steam ID, click on that and then go to 817130 which is the Data Folder for 2K19, click on that and delete everything in there. 

Then go to your WWE game directory and delete the MODs folder as this will remove anything you had previously installed, 

Then go into Steam, and Right Click on WWE 2K19 go to Properties, then Local Files and Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files, let it do it's thing !!

This will completely rewrite everything back to how the game was when you first purchased it. From there redownload and install a fresh Custom Character Tool, and reinstall mods in an Unused Slot !! 😉

I know restarting sucks !! I have made soooo many mistakes like this haha !! 😂

Hope this helps !!

I have almost 300 wrestlers total. I can't fathom starting over. 

I think I'll just avoid the MyCareer mode. I thought I'd just try it out. I was hoping there would be an easier fix. :)

Thanks for the reply 

• Like 1

Not sure, but it might have to do with alternate attires. I think Cole Quinn has multiple ch pacs.

Or it might have to do with the Career Mode rendering things in cutscenes. Either way, avoiding Career Mode seems a good move. It's a bit overrated and highly flawed anyways imo.

This topic should probably be in the Discussion and Support area, not the mods region.

6 hours ago, CuddlyCorey said:

Okay, so I got into modding the game with new superstars, etc. I decided to put an Eddie Edwards mod replacing Cole Quinn (Slot 763). 

Everything works fine. Great mod, playable. No issues. 

However, I got bored and decided to try out the MyCareer part of the game. LMAO 

The first cutscenes after creating my superstar, Matt Bloom is talking to a ghost. I hear the character of Cole Quinn, but he's invisible. Then, when I go to the very first match, it freezes. I'm assuming because there is no Cole Quinn anymore? 

Anyone have any ideas? Did I totally screw up MyCareer? LOL 

Hi,

If you want to play career mode at some point, its best not to replace MyCareer characters with other mods as the game needs to load the character pac files when you play that mode. I will suggest restoring Cole Quinn and using a slot for a superstar you don't use. Please ask questions in Discussion and Support.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 1