How do I start completely fresh with a new install?

iliketurtles

Hey guys, my game got corrupted and I had to uninstall the game. When I re-install it, there's a bunch of remnants from my previous install still in the game.

I assume this is caused from a cache/backup file stored somewhere in my steam directory. Can someone tell me what I need to remove in order to start completely fresh with a brand new/unmodded 2K19?

I try to give my 2 cents and hope I can help you with it.

First: Look inside the games instellation if there is a mod folder and if there might still be files. If you uninstall games files and folders that don't belong to the oroginal/default installation remain, unless you delete or move them yourself.

If that's not the isse than go to you steam directory to the userdata folder. Then tehre is directory with a number and inside that more directories with numbers.

In my case WWE2k19 has a directory with the number 817130 but that can be different from user to user (at least I think it is that)

You might be on the right track if you find a folder the contains the files "Savedata" and "Savedata_Backup" in the remote.directory Delete those (make a backup copy of them, just in case. Same with the remotecache.vdf in the directory above.

Because those are the only 3 files I know thatt contain saves/memory of the games status.

If this also doen't help then maybe create a new install path with steam on a differnet hard drive. Becaue it is not required that you install all your games in the same folder and on the same drive. Just setup a different or additional installation path for your games, in you steam.

Edited by noobmodder

23 hours ago, noobmodder said:

I try to give my 2 cents and hope I can help you with it.

First: Look inside the games instellation if there is a mod folder and if there might still be files. If you uninstall games files and folders that don't belong to the oroginal/default installation remain, unless you delete or move them yourself.

If that's not the isse than go to you steam directory to the userdata folder. Then tehre is directory with a number and inside that more directories with numbers.

In my case WWE2k19 has a directory with the number 817130 but that can be different from user to user (at least I thing it is that way)

You might be on the right track if you find a folder the contains the files "Savedata" and "Savedata_Backup" in the remote.directory Delete those (make a backup copy of them, just in case. Same with the remotecache.vdf in the directory above.

Because those are the only 3 files I know thatt contain saves/memory of the games status.

If this also doen't help then maybe create a new install path with steam on a differnet hard drive. Becaue it is not required that you install all your games in the same folder and on the same drive. Just setup a different or additional installation path for your games, in you steam.

This is what I needed. Thank you so much.

• Like 1