Moving my loaded mods to a new computer

rynebrandon

Hello all!

I will be getting a new computer soon and I was wondering if there was a comprehensive guide for which files for my mods, arenas, etc. I would have to copy over from my current game in order to seamlessly transition to the new computer.

It's quite possible the answer is "everything" or "almost everything." Is it possible, once WWE 2k19 is installed on my new computer, I can just copy every file on my current install and replace them in 2k? It would be wonderful if it would be that easy. If it's "almost everything," what files should I not overwrite on the new game install?

Thank you all so much!

Pull the WWE 2k19 folder on a separate drive , if you made alot of changes pull the Mods folders and the Pac folder, then when your ready  that would cover pretty much everything, then when you install the game to your new computer use CCT to set up the new mod folder once those are set, the mods folder you pulled from the computer you are using now drag that mod folder to the new mod folder so it can over write it, do the same for the pac folder.

I'd suggest the following:

1. Fully install the game on the new computer (ensure Steam finishes the Download and Install before you proceed).
2. Start it once.
3. Exit it and Exit Steam.
4. Move the newly created game folder to a different location (as a backup).
5. Copy the game folder from your old Computer/HDD to the location where Steam installed the game to earlier.
6. [optional] If you don't have Steam Cloud saves enabled, you'll also have to copy the save game as well (If you have Steam Cloud saves enabled, the save data should be pulled from the cloud automatically).
7. Start Steam and there you go.

More information on the folder etc. can be found on the Wiki's Create Backups section.