New Retro Arenas for Wrestling Legends!! (AWA, UWF, World Class, etc.)

denbigh7

If you follow the WWE2K14/Wrestling Legends forum at all, you may have seen a lot of my posts and questions over the past 6 months about how to mod arenas, belts, etc. I wanted to take out some of the ECW arenas and replace them with AWA, Mid-South, World Class, etc. After much research, trial and error (and a lot of help from people like @Red Rooster ) I was able to accomplish it. I have some YouTube videos of my univserse that you can view in the WWE2K14 Chat thread.

I've had a few people ask for the arenas, and I'm happy to share. Here's what I have:

AWA arena, AWA/ProWrestling USA arena, UWF/Mid-South arena, World Class arena, NWA arena, Georgia Championship Wrestling Arena

Here is a link to the arenas as well as the arena thumbnails. 

https://mega.nz/folder/VAsi1SoS#HfG0RqmPlvSJasFTEHqiFg

First things first.....BACK UP YOUR FILES! Secondly: BACK UP YOUR FILES AGAIN!

I've messed up a lot of things while trying to mod, and backing up files has saved my bacon more than a few times. I'd hate for you to experience that, nor do I want to be held responsible for messing up your copy of WL.

After you've done that: to insert an arena, simply replace the bg file with one of my bg files. Simple. I've already sized them out so they are an exact match with the arena you replace, so literally all you have to do is drag and drop. Keep in mind that you'll be replacing an arena. For example, my Georgia Championship Wrestling arena (bg56) will replace the ECW Hardcore Heaven arena (bg56). 

If you'd like to go a step further, you can also replace the arena thumbnails, which I've included in the link above. It's not hard to do, but I'm not going to try to explain that tutorial here. You can easily find it in the WWE2K14 forum. 

Hope you enjoy!

kJ1oZShd_o.png

KoOEAJ3B_o.png

mIPuil7F_o.png

f4iKuMWR_o.png

• Like 4

Awesome. I was the one who requested on youtube. Thanks for this and hope to see more videos and other additions you add to the game. Definitely interested in some of the new caws you made too!! Wendi Richter, Moolah, SdJones etc. 

• Thanks 1

Nice work man, great to see someone taking the reigns.

One suggestion, when you make ring aprons, make the new logos an overlay on the original texture so that the creases and lines of the apron show through otherwise it just looks like its stuck on top.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, Red Rooster said:

Nice work man, great to see someone taking the reigns.

One suggestion, when you make ring aprons, make the new logos an overlay on the original texture so that the creases and lines of the apron show through otherwise it just looks like its stuck on top.

Got any good tutorials on this? I'm searching YouTube, but it's not really showing me what I need. 

Do you use photoshop to make your textures?

If so, when you add your logo, add it as a new layer then change the layer type from normal to overlay, then the apron texture will show through from the layer below.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Do you use photoshop to make your textures?

If so, when you add your logo, add it as a new layer then change the layer type from normal to overlay, then the apron texture will show through from the layer below.

Hey Rooster. I sent you a PM. Would be grateful if you could get back to me.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

@denbigh7 - Thanks for doing this! I wanted to do something similar with the rest of the Wrestlemanias of the 90s and early 00s not included in Legends, and some more Attitude Era arenas that were in 13/2k14, but I just never had the time or commitment.

It's great to see someone still adding more content to Legends, as if it wasn't already great and grand enough. 

I just wish I hadn't reset my Universe to default (from the original save file included in Legends) as it seemed to mess everything up and I lost the original save on my old laptop. Lol. Oh well. It just takes extra time to set up everything again.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1

1 hour ago, christoph said:

@denbigh7 - Thanks for doing this! I wanted to do something similar with the rest of the Wrestlemanias of the 90s and early 00s not included in Legends, and some more Attitude Era arenas that were in 13/2k14, but I just never had the time or commitment.

It's great to see someone still adding more content to Legends, as if it wasn't already great and grand enough. 

I just wish I hadn't reset my Universe to default (from the original save file included in Legends) as it seemed to mess everything up and I lost the original save on my old laptop. Lol. Oh well. It just takes extra time to set up everything again.

PM me if you want a copy of the WL save file

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

On 2/26/2021 at 4:36 PM, denbigh7 said:

If you follow the WWE2K14/Wrestling Legends forum at all, you may have seen a lot of my posts and questions over the past 6 months about how to mod arenas, belts, etc. I wanted to take out some of the ECW arenas and replace them with AWA, Mid-South, World Class, etc. After much research, trial and error (and a lot of help from people like @Red Rooster ) I was able to accomplish it. I have some YouTube videos of my univserse that you can view in the WWE2K14 Chat thread.

I've had a few people ask for the arenas, and I'm happy to share. Here's what I have:

AWA arena, AWA/ProWrestling USA arena, UWF/Mid-South arena, World Class arena, NWA arena, Georgia Championship Wrestling Arena

I've messed up a lot of things while trying to mod, and backing up files has saved my bacon more than a few times. I'd hate for you to experience that, nor do I want to be held responsible for messing up your copy of WL.

After you've done that: to insert an arena, simply replace the bg file with one of my bg files. Simple. I've already sized them out so they are an exact match with the arena you replace, so literally all you have to do is drag and drop. Keep in mind that you'll be replacing an arena. For example, my Georgia Championship Wrestling arena (bg56) will replace the ECW Hardcore Heaven arena (bg56). 

If you'd like to go a step further, you can also replace the arena thumbnails, which I've included in the link above. It's not hard to do, but I'm not going to try to explain that tutorial here. You can easily find it in the WWE2K14 forum. 

Hope you enjoy!

kJ1oZShd_o.png

KoOEAJ3B_o.png

mIPuil7F_o.png

f4iKuMWR_o.png

Hey man amazing job I’m new to modding 2k14 could you please direct me to a tutorial on how to replace arena thumbnails please 

• Yes! 1

6 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

Happy to help point you in the right direction. If you are wanting to just inject the ones that I've created, it's pretty easy. Here's a tutorial:

Thanks bro appreciate it man thank you 

• Too Sweet 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi man I followed the tutorial on how to put your arena thumbnails into matchhd.pac but when i try to inject the MCAS.pach i keep getting this message pretty much saying that it hasn’t worked and then the xpacker closes down any ideas what I could be doing wrong 

On 2/26/2021 at 4:36 PM, denbigh7 said:

Hope you enjoy!

kJ1oZShd_o.png

KoOEAJ3B_o.png

mIPuil7F_o.png

f4iKuMWR_o.png

hey man sorry to bother you again i saw in you're youtube videos that you changed the vs screen in universe mode could you please tell me what pac that these are in for both universe mode and the normal match modes please 

9 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

Hey really sorry man...been crazy busy lately. Glad you found them! 

Did you fix both problems you had? (arena thumbnails and the vs screen)?

that's ok man don't worry about it thanks

yeah fixed the problem I had with the MnLayHD.pac and i'v replaced the vs screen and arena thumbnails no problem the only things i can't locate is the loading screens that appear after the vs screen do you know here they are apart from that man I am really enjoying modding this game my universe mode is the NWA Wars NWA-TNA vs NWA currently Jarrett is the NWA World Heavyweight champion feuding with Flair i have the NWA title shared between TNA and NWA weekly shows and it almost has the classic 80s territories feel about it with Jarrett being on the TNA roster but wrestling on NWA as the champ but theres a twist Ric Flair is carrying the big gold belt around claiming to be the real worlds champion so thanks for making that epic NWA arena 

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

14 hours ago, wcwnwo2000 said:

that's ok man don't worry about it thanks

yeah fixed the problem I had with the MnLayHD.pac and i'v replaced the vs screen and arena thumbnails no problem the only things i can't locate is the loading screens that appear after the vs screen do you know here they are apart from that man I am really enjoying modding this game my universe mode is the NWA Wars NWA-TNA vs NWA currently Jarrett is the NWA World Heavyweight champion feuding with Flair i have the NWA title shared between TNA and NWA weekly shows and it almost has the classic 80s territories feel about it with Jarrett being on the TNA roster but wrestling on NWA as the champ but theres a twist Ric Flair is carrying the big gold belt around claiming to be the real worlds champion so thanks for making that epic NWA arena 

Just to be clear, are you talking about this screen:

6tSIqoH2_o.png

Or this screen:

TbfWM5nF_o.png

If it's the second one (with wrestlers on it), that's located in LoadHD. If you are using any of the arenas that I've created and you want load screens to match (like the Mid-South one above), you'll want to edit files 9014 (Mid South), 9009 (AWA/ProWresUSA), 9011 (NWA), 9016 (World Class), 9056 (Mid Atlantic), 9011 (AWA). It's not too difficult. 

If you're talking about the other screen, which is a moving graphic (like above it's the ECW one), then I haven't changed any of those. I'm sure that you can do it, it's just more work than I've had time to do. My understanding is that these are bik animations. Here's the tutorial on them:

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2

• 11 months later...

I discovered something looking through files in evtmov2.pac in Legends (which contains ring entrance nameplates for arenas.) I really liked using denbigh's old school arenas, but didn't like how they still contained the ECW nameplates. I discovered that files M070-M079 (which were nameplates for custom arenas) had been modded, but not in use. They are:

M070 = old school wwf logo nameplate
M071 = new gen wwf logo nameplate
M072 = attitude era wwf logo nameplate
M073 = wwe logo nameplate
M074 = red/blue generic lines
M075 = blue nwa
M076 = wcw purple w/ globe
M077 = wcw 99 logo
M078 = wcw invasion logo
M079 = black/silver generic block

Using XPacker, I simply extracted M075 (the blue NWA nameplate) and injected it into M012 (the slot denbigh's NWA arena replaces, which was originally ECW November to Remember) and loaded up the game, and now I have a NWA nameplate for my NWA arena. It feels more authentic. 

As well, M074 has a red/blue generic nameplate that would be good to use for denbigh's AWA arenas. For the WCCW arena, I may try to see if the nameplate from 2k17's WCCW arena would work.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

I discovered something looking through files in evtmov2.pac in Legends (which contains ring entrance nameplates for arenas.) I really liked using denbigh's old school arenas, but didn't like how they still contained the ECW nameplates. I discovered that files M070-M079 (which were nameplates for custom arenas) had been modded, but not in use. They are:

M075 = blue nwa
M077 = wcw 99 logo
M078 = wcw invasion logo

Using XPacker, I simply extracted M075 (the blue NWA nameplate) and injected it into M012 (the slot denbigh's NWA arena replaces, which was originally ECW November to Remember) and loaded up the game, and now I have a NWA nameplate for my NWA arena. It feels more authentic. 

As well, M074 has a red/blue generic nameplate that would be good to use for denbigh's AWA arenas. For the WCCW arena, I may try to see if the nameplate from 2k17's WCCW arena would work.

Hey Guys, 

As we’re talking about Arenas here, does anyone have the original Arena files for the 2k14 game.. I want to add some back in over the modded ones which I don’t use. 
Any help or advice or the files for that matter will help. Thanks. 

M075 = blue nwa
M077 = wcw 99 logo
M078 = wcw invasion logo

This is awesome news, man!! Great job!! Yeah, I've never been able to figure out nameplates and it drives me nuts. Gonna give this a shot.

Now we just need to do something about the transition screen wipes when it first sends you to the arena....

1 hour ago, denbigh7 said:

This is awesome news, man!! Great job!! Yeah, I've never been able to figure out nameplates and it drives me nuts. Gonna give this a shot.

Now we just need to do something about the transition screen wipes when it first sends you to the arena....

I imagine we could just inject other (or generic) transition screens in place over the current transition screens, similar to the nameplates, without all the struggle of creating our own. I'm just not sure what pac file those are located in yet. I'll try looking into that next.

Could you send me the match loading screens you made for your arenas? Such as the Mid South one above. I know you posted the arena thumbnails, but I don't see the 'match loading screens.'

Edited by christoph
  • Yes! 1

12 hours ago, christoph said:

I imagine we could just inject other (or generic) transition screens in place over the current transition screens, similar to the nameplates, without all the struggle of creating our own. I'm just not sure what pac file those are located in yet. I'll try looking into that next.

Could you send me the match loading screens you made for your arenas? Such as the Mid South one above. I know you posted the arena thumbnails, but I don't see the 'match loading screens.'

You bet. Not sure why I never included that to begin with when I first uploaded the arenas. Here you go: https://mega.nz/folder/RE1xFb7I#kYVBfk4C8nGB6cyLVvCWRA

So, the match loading screens are in the MatchHD file. Once you click on the link, it'll show you which one to upload where. Just let me know if you have any issues. 

• Like 1