Remove "Fancy" or Custom Nameplates

SS2K21

Does anyone know whether it's possible to remove character specific custom nameplates?

For example - I've updated Goldust to Dustin Rhodes, however, he has a specific animated "Goldust" name plate during his entrance that I'd like to kill. Same for Erick Rowan 14.

I thought they would be in WWE 2K19\pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\anime as this seems to be logical (and it's the location for saving a lot of the replacement / updated ones), but I can't see anything that follows any logic.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, eggman718 said:

Ever find out anything on this? Looking to get rid of it for the wyatt family members since i've replaced them.

Have you tried just deleting them and then rebuilding the chunk file? The game might revert to the arena-default nameplate if it can't find a character specific one

• 3 months later...

Bump - By default, there is no "\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\anime\nameplate" folder. A "nameplate" folder is only made for those that want to mod the game. I'm not sure where the nameplates are located for the default in-game characters.

6 hours ago, rynebrandon said:

Bump - By default, there is no "\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\anime\nameplate" folder. A "nameplate" folder is only made for those that want to mod the game. I'm not sure where the nameplates are located for the default in-game characters.

Hi, the nameplates for default characters are located in the WWE 2K19\pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\anime folder. There are 2 files in that folder called ltag_nameplate_win.pac and ltag_nameplate_p20_win.pac. These are the pac files with the nameplates.

One way to go about removing the Goldust nameplate is to remove both files and replace with the nameplate files in the 2k19 unpacked arena gfx mod

The nameplates are in separate pac files so you can easily remove Goldust nameplate file. The game will then load the arena nameplate in its place.

https://prowrestlingmods.io/file/beb1d892deec746fc453317df575da18

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Too Sweet 1