Entrance Music MOD Question & Glitch

eplate2

I am trying to organize everything and create entrances for all my modded superstars. As I am going through, I am noticing a few things...

1. There are themes that are selectable but I do not see a way to overwrite them in SoundEditor. For example:
    1. Bryan Danielson
    2. Candice LeRae
    3. Curt Hawkins
    4. Cesaro
    5. Curtis Axel
    6. Dakota Kai
    7. Daniel Bryan '10
    8. Daniel Bryan '13
    9. Dash Wilder
    10. EC3
    11. Harper
    12. John Cena 03

I haven't made it through the entire list yet as I have some other things to do but how come these don't show up when I pull up the music folders in Sound Editor? 

2. Some themes may or may not have changed based on changing a different file in sound editor. John Cena 13 seems to be the same as John Cena (Rubber Dong). I am also seeing The Golden Truth and Gold Medal have the same theme - wondering if I made a mistake there or if those two are connected for some reason.

3. As I am creating an entrance - I am going through each track just to figure out what it is and how to organize it with old wrestler and the new modded wrestler. As I do this though, I notice that sometimes the modded music won't play. I then have to exit WWE 2k19 and reenter and it will come back like normal. Is this a glitch anyone is aware of? If I am playing universe for a few hours, will this effect entrance music in game or is this only something to worry about in EDIT SUPERSTAR?

So for the names you're seeing for themes in Sound Editor, those were set custom by someone entering the information in manually. This means that there will be some themes that aren't labeled (I believe the Bryan Danielson, Alundra Blayze and maybe Daniel Bryan 10 ones are unlabeled in the music_1_m.pck, as an example). You can right click the blank songs in Sound Editor to listen and see what song it matches in game.

As you have noticed, sometimes the default Data also doesn't *100%* match what theme it's tied to. That John cena one is an example, it's tied to the John Cena 13 (and Current) slots. I'm not aware of Golden Truth and Gold Medalist being linked together in any way so you might want to check that out again.

Also, one thing you'll notice, certain characters in-game have their names in the list of themes but it's actually tied to their Tag Team music. (Cesaro is an example, as if you select his theme in the Theme Music list it just plays The Bar's theme (which turns out to also be Sheamus' theme)

If you go to mus_3_m.pck specifically, you'll find most of the tag themes. This will be where you find Curtis Axel's theme (Under B-Team, along with Bo Dallas), The Revival (Scott Dawson + Dash Wilder), Bludgeon Brothers (Harper + Rowan), etc. If you edit any of the themes here, it wil change it to both entries in the list. (So, for example, using The Bar's theme -- if you put a new theme song over that it will go over the "Sheamus", "Cesaro" and "The Bar" entries in the menu.) Having this in mind, it would be for the best to use one of the other misc slots if you wanted to put a new theme in for Cesaro, etc.

As you noticed, DLC Character themes are in the patch_10, patch_20 and patch_30.pck, and the generic theme songs are listed under music_misc_1_m and music_misc_2_m.pck

1 minute ago, cosmiccryptid said:

So for the names you're seeing for themes in Sound Editor, those were set custom by someone entering the information in manually. This means that there will be some themes that aren't labeled (I believe the Bryan Danielson, Alundra Blayze and maybe Daniel Bryan 10 ones are unlabeled in the music_1_m.pck, as an example). You can right click the blank songs in Sound Editor to listen and see what song it matches in game.

As you have noticed, sometimes the default Data also doesn't *100%* match what theme it's tied to. That John cena one is an example, it's tied to the John Cena 13 (and Current) slots. I'm not aware of Golden Truth and Gold Medalist being linked together in any way so you might want to check that out again.

Also, one thing you'll notice, certain characters in-game have their names in the list of themes but it's actually tied to their Tag Team music. (Cesaro is an example, as if you select his theme in the Theme Music list it just plays The Bar's theme (which turns out to also be Sheamus' theme)

If you go to mus_3_m.pck specifically, you'll find most of the tag themes. This will be where you find Curtis Axel's theme (Under B-Team, along with Bo Dallas), The Revival (Scott Dawson + Dash Wilder), Bludgeon Brothers (Harper + Rowan), etc. If you edit any of the themes here, it wil change it to both entries in the list. (So, for example, using The Bar's theme -- if you put a new theme song over that it will go over the "Sheamus", "Cesaro" and "The Bar" entries in the menu.) Having this in mind, it would be for the best to use one of the other misc slots if you wanted to put a new theme in for Cesaro, etc.

As you noticed, DLC Character themes are in the patch_10, patch_20 and patch_30.pck, and the generic theme songs are listed under music_misc_1_m and music_misc_2_m.pck

this is super helpful thanks so much!

any idea about this issue i am having where, when i am in edit superstar going through entrance music, all of a sudden some songs simply won't play. i then have to close the game and go back in and it will work again. any idea if this is a bigger issue or how badly this might effect gameplay going forward?

• Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, eplate2 said:

this is super helpful thanks so much!

any idea about this issue i am having where, when i am in edit superstar going through entrance music, all of a sudden some songs simply won't play. i then have to close the game and go back in and it will work again. any idea if this is a bigger issue or how badly this might effect gameplay going forward?

That's just how some of the miscellaneous theme songs work sometimes. You'd be going through them and notice they stop playing the sound.

They work if you select them and test the entrance out, sometimes you might have to restart to get the audio playing but after a while it goes.

Used to happen to me a lot, but I haven't seen the issues in a long time now.