Daft Noob Question RE Visitor X CCT / Caveman Data Editor

SS2K21

So, I'm relatively new to this (IE this week) and I'm picking things up fine as all the tools and tutorials are really really useful and I can't thank you all enough.

My question is the difference / discrepancy to the tools I'm using to mod.

I use the CCT tool to import the ch.pac, I then edit the pofo using the data editor and inject from there to CCT, which puts the character into the game.

All works fine. However, there are some slots shown in Data Editor that I cannot see in CCT. So I can create a pofo for , for example SLOT 109

Data-Editor.png

However, I can't see this slot in CCT:

CCT.png

So, how would one go about adding the character model and the render to this slot if I can't see it with CCT?

Am I doing something wrong? Stupidly obviously wrong?

I've searched for this as a query and can't see anything specifically about this, so apologies if this is a daft question.

Data Editor supports all IDs (in case someone discovers to add more slots in the future). However, the game itself doesn't and is limited to a certain amount of slots and set IDs (even if you install PerfectPlextra). Basically, the SlotIDs you see in CCT are the ones that are usable if PerfectPlextra is installed.

In theory, it may be that you could change which slots are available with WrestlePlus, but it doesn't make much of a difference, since you can only replace which IDs are available, not add new ones.

3 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Data Editor supports all IDs (in case someone discovers to add more slots in the future). However, the game itself doesn't and is limited to a certain amount of slots and set IDs (even if you install PerfectPlextra). Basically, the SlotIDs you see in CCT are the ones that are usable if PerfectPlextra is installed.

In theory, it may be that you could change which slots are available with WrestlePlus, but it doesn't make much of a difference, since you can only replace which IDs are available, not add new ones.

That's really helpful and answers my questions. Thank you.

One more daft question then, if possible, if you inject over a CAW slot with Data Editor, can you still add renders / CH files via CCT or does this not work?

11 hours ago, SS2K21 said:

That's really helpful and answers my questions. Thank you.

One more daft question then, if possible, if you inject over a CAW slot with Data Editor, can you still add renders / CH files via CCT or does this not work?

No. The models and renders in CAW slots are always CAWs. All you can do is change via modding is in the .pofo (within limits - some CAW data like the Wrestler name will always override the .pofo data) and ..moveset files for these wrestlers.

If you are really running out of slots to install mods, you could try CAWless Mod, where you can sacrifice the 100 CAW slots (which will become unusable) in order to have more slots for Mods (the slots that are created from CAW Slots in CAWless Mod are marked by <<Name>> in Data Editor). Note, however, that this can very well lead to other issues, so I wouldn't advise to use it unless you truly run out of slots.

• Like 1