A Few Renders Won't Change

CyberOcelot

I have quite a few mods installed now. I've started to notice just a few renders behave as though some kind of conflict is happening. But, it's not entirely consistent.

Sasha Banks, Sheamus, and one other slot will suddenly randomly switch back to their default renders. Is this a bug or limitation of some kind? 

I know where to find renders in the mods folder, but not the game directory. 

Any ideas on what's happening to me here? 

20 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

Tengo algunas modificaciones instaladas ahora. Empecé a notar que solo algunos renders se comportan como si estuviera ocurriendo algún tipo de conflicto. Pero no es del todo consistente.

Sasha Banks, Sheamus y otra ranura volverán repentinamente al azar a sus representaciones predeterminadas. ¿Es esto un error o una limitación de algún tipo? 

Sé dónde encontrar renders en la carpeta de mods, pero no en el directorio del juego. 

¿Alguna idea de lo que me está pasando aquí? 

Hi, I think you should delete the ltag_typeb_p20_win and ltag_typeb_p30_win files from the pac \ menu \ win \ Assets \ wwe19_singleread \ texture \ ssface folder, and create a folder called _ltag and move the leftover _ltag files there (sorry for my English)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 9:39 AM, Cave Waverider said:

Did you try the workaround suggested in the Modding FAQ?

I haven't yet. Seems compicated. I'll back up and give it a go later tonight. I have no idea how to create a batch file. So, I'll go with manual approach. Thanks! :) 

On 2/18/2021 at 9:39 AM, Cave Waverider said:

Did you try the workaround suggested in the Modding FAQ?

I'm finally getting around to tackling this. The verbiage was a bit intimidating, but now that I'm scrutinizing and looking at the files you're referencing, it seems simple enough. I just want to make sure I understand this properly before moving forward (if you don't mind confirming my understanding)...

• The itag pac files are safe to be overwritten because CCT's process is to delete the original renders before replacing with the new ones. Which means, you shouldn't lose any data when overwriting.
  • Creating a batch file is as simple as following the instructions in this short video.  
  • Q: I noticed you call your batch file "FixRenders.cmd". Based on the video above, shouldn't it be "FixRenders.bat"?

Is there anything I'm missing or potentially overlooking that you can think of before I get started?

Edited by CyberOcelot

.cmd is the modern Windows batch file extension while .bat is a legacy extension from the old DOS days. I'd suggest using .cmd, although it may not make much of a difference in this use case.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, Cave Waverider said:

.cmd is the modern Windows batch file extension while .bat is a legacy extension from the old DOS days. I'd suggest using .cmd, although it may not make much of a difference in this use case.

Thanks for the help! 

I used your fix, and it worked for the most part. But, is there anything different about Undertaker '91? His is the only slot that absolutely refuses to change.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:17 AM, CyberOcelot said:

Thanks for the help! 

I used your fix, and it worked for the most part. But, is there anything different about Undertaker '91? His is the only slot that absolutely refuses to change.

It might be that CCT isn't deleting the proper original render for that slot for whatever reason.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 5:44 PM, Cave Waverider said:

It might be that CCT isn't deleting the proper original render for that slot for whatever reason.

I was never able to resolve this issue, and circling back to it now, if you don't mind helping me troubleshoot where I'm going wrong.

I created the batch file using the instructions in this video, but instead of typing in the .bat extension, I typed in .cmd. Would you mind reviewing the video and letting me know if this tutorial video is accurate and if typing in cmd instead of bat is OK?

I can also confirm that only very specific render slots have this issue, and they switch up which display properly and which do not. Those render slots are Sheamus, Sasha Banks, Undertaker '91 and Dana Brooke. 

• Like 1

I think these wrestlers had their renders updated in some patches. Hence the new versions are located in other files than the original ones, but I think CCT may only delete the original ones from the original files when you replace them or something along those lines.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

I was never able to resolve this issue, and circling back to it now, if you don't mind helping me troubleshoot where I'm going wrong.

I created the batch file using the instructions in this video, but instead of typing in the .bat extension, I typed in .cmd. Would you mind reviewing the video and letting me know if this tutorial video is accurate and if typing in cmd instead of bat is OK?

I can also confirm that only very specific render slots have this issue, and they switch up which display properly and which do not. Those render slots are Sheamus, Sasha Banks, Undertaker '91 and Dana Brooke. 

These are certainly original files of the game still in the main folder:
- Texture > ssface
basic names: ltag_typea_win & ltag_typeb_win

There must be also the folders custom_typea & custom_typeb, if so cut and paste in another folder named "Save" these two files above (ltag_typea_win & ltag_typeb_win).

And let the custom folders (note that you can cut and paste them directly from the mods - CCT folder into the main folder to avoid duplicates), and all renders will be fixed, even the Undertaker'91 one, or Dana Brooke and Sheamus too.

Just chunck and regenerate with CCT :) 

Ben

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

These are certainly original files of the game still in the main folder:
- Texture > ssface
basic names: ltag_typea_win & ltag_typeb_win

There must be also the folders custom_typea & custom_typeb, if so cut and paste in another folder named "Save" these two files above (ltag_typea_win & ltag_typeb_win).

And let the custom folders (note that you can cut and paste them directly from the mods - CCT folder into the main folder to avoid duplicates), and all renders will be fixed, even the Undertaker'91 one, or Dana Brooke and Sheamus too.

Just chunck and regenerate with CCT :) 

Ben

These instructions are wonderful. Thank you. I'll try these after I backup tonight.

After I cut & paste the custom versions into the main folder, what happens if I update renders or add new ones later via CCT? Will that still work as it did before?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

These instructions are wonderful. Thank you. I'll try these after I backup tonight.

After I cut & paste the custom versions into the main folder, what happens if I update renders or add new ones later via CCT? Will that still work as it did before?

Yes, the only thing I do now is that once new renders, or videos are injected with CCT, I cut and paste the folder into the main folder of the game to avoid duplicates.

I had this same problem with Sheamus for the longest time. 

What I did, was in my mods folder, I had a file named "Robbie 686". I think it was an install of updated renders that I got off of the 2km site. Whereas they updated all the in-game wrestlers renders to "real life" renders. Which, worked great. 

But, I went in, found Sheamus's .pac file in the Robbie 686/renders/pac/menu/win/assets/wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/custom_typea folder. There, you will see a list of renders. I deleted the Sheamus one. And went into the custom_typeb folder and did the same. 

I used cct and installed his new render into the game, and it worked :D