Tron Replacement Help

weedeegames

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to replace Apollo Crew's movie trons (minitrons, wall trons, ramp trons, and apron trons) with my own custom videos.  I've successfully replaced the minitron with no errors. However, my wall tron and ramp tron crash the game after playing a few seconds.

• The tron sizes are correct and I've converted to bink video format using RAD video game tools.
  • After I rename the file extension to .kb2i and inject the new tron using repac editor.

Am I doing anything wrong? When replacing minitrons, wall trons, ramp trons, and apron trons, can the file be larger than the original? My new trons are bigger in file size and longer so is that it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weedeegames said:

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to replace Apollo Crew's movie trons (minitrons, wall trons, ramp trons, and apron trons) with my own custom videos.  I've successfully replaced the minitron with no errors. However, my wall tron and ramp tron crash the game after playing a few seconds.

• The tron sizes are correct and I've converted to bink video format using RAD video game tools.
  • After I rename the file extension to .kb2i and inject the new tron using repac editor.

Am I doing anything wrong? When replacing minitrons, wall trons, ramp trons, and apron trons, can the file be larger than the original? My new trons are bigger in file size and longer so is that it?

Hi,

The file sizes can be larger than the original but advisable not much larger as gfx with sizes not optimised will end up using memory resources and are more likely to cause crashes. Arguably the number 1 cause of entrance crashes when modding the game is unoptimized gfx.

For instance if you look in the folders for each gfx in the pac\move folder, you will have an idea of the average sizes the developers use for gfx.

One other thing is, when you have gfx which doesn't loop , there is a change the file sizes will be much larger. The default gfx in the game consist of mostly clips playing for about 10-20 seconds  on average. 

If one of the gfx was a lengthy video, it will still work well in the game. However of all the gfx are lengthy, there will most likely be crashes during the entrance they assigned to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

The file sizes can be larger than the original but advisable not much larger as gfx with sizes not optimised will end up using memory resources and are more likely to cause crashes. Arguably the number 1 cause of entrance crashes when modding the game is unoptimized gfx.

For instance if you look in the folders for each gfx in the pac\move folder, you will have an idea of the average sizes the developers use for gfx.

One other thing is, when you have gfx which doesn't loop , there is a change the file sizes will be much larger. The default gfx in the game consist of mostly clips playing for about 10-20 seconds  on average. 

If one of the gfx was a lengthy video, it will still work well in the game. However of all the gfx are lengthy, there will most likely be crashes during the entrance they assigned to.

Thank you so much. My minitron size is around the same size as the old one, but my wall and ramp sizes are MUCH larger. I'll look into that thank you.

I love your YouTube channel btw!

• Like 1

@weedeegames I suggest you to resize all your mini, wall / ramp, and apron.

I recently started to resize some GFX's that I've taken over 2km which was way too big and crashed the game. As @squaredcirclefan told you, I usually use a loop between 5/10 sec. The GFX I downloaded lasted more than a minute.

Once your videos are cut, you just have to resize them on a free website.

- 512x512 for wall / ramp and apron

- 512x256 for mini.

And just use Rad Video Tools to convert them in .bk2 :) 

That's all, enjoy. No more lags or crashs.

Ben

• Like 2